Thread: Hayabusa wiring

1. Collapse Details
    Hayabusa wiring
    Im building a car that resembles a Lotus 7 with a mid engine. I have a 2002 suzuki hayabusa. I have stretched the wiring harness to place the components where I want them, but now I cant get Ignition spark or Injector function. I saw some earlier threads that mentioned hayabusa wiring. anybody got some hints????

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Hayabusa wiring
    Olympia, Wa. or 25 gallons of Diesel from the dunes
    Being pushed to better yourself is never a bad thing.

EL TORO sand car w/ intercooled TURBO 1397 Busa / Subaru STI diff. / cutting brakes

3. Collapse Details
    One thing to watch for is that some of the mototcycle engines have a built in anti-theft setup that prevent the bike from being hotwired and stolen, essentially bypassing the ignition key. The manufacturers have in some instances placed a dummy resistor in the ignition key assembly that is sourced by the ECU. If the ECU does not see the proper voltage, it won't provide power to many items. One of the smaller motorcycle engines I toyed with required a 100 ohm resistor at the location where the ignition key used to live. The service manual shows nothing of this, for obvious reasons. The only tip you have is that the wiring schematic has a wire that comes from the ignition key to the ECU and goes nowhere else....

All of that assumes that you have already rung out the wiring for faulty connections, shorts, or opens.

Best of luck.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ray2245 View Post
    Im building a car that resembles a Lotus 7 with a mid engine. I have a 2002 suzuki hayabusa. I have stretched the wiring harness to place the components where I want them, but now I cant get Ignition spark or Injector function. I saw some earlier threads that mentioned hayabusa wiring. anybody got some hints????
    How are the following components used or modified:

Ignition
    Tip over switch
    Clutch wires
    Kickstand
    www.SinisterSandSports.com
    918-521-3736
    Yes, i'm on facebook clicky clicky.................

5. Collapse Details
    to expand on Yoshi's post...

the kickstand plunger can be removed and the wires connecting it connected together.

the tip over switch, I opened the cover and siliconed the pendulum in the middle.

clutch wires, I forget if I connected them or left them separated.

ignition, 100 ohm resistor.

6. Collapse Details
    Thanks for all the info, I plan to run the engine and dash display off the bike harness, all the other circuits will run off a separate panel, Im using an automotive fuel pump and wont be using the bike fuel relay or the bike start relay.

looking at your posts this morning, I ebayed a tip over switch and i will try the 100 ohm resister in the ignition.

one ciucuit in the ig switch runs a wire from the ecm to the switch which then goes to ground. does that sound like where this goes?

thanks again to all of you

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks for all the info, I plan to run the engine and dash display off the bike harness, all the other circuits will run off a separate panel, Im using an automotive fuel pump and wont be using the bike fuel relay or the bike start relay.

looking at your posts this morning, I ebayed a tip over switch and i will try the 100 ohm resister in the ignition.

one ciucuit in the ig switch runs a wire from the ecm to the switch which then goes to ground. does that sound like where this goes?

thanks again to all of you
    That sounds about right for the anti theft device, if it has it.

If you have the ignition switch, use a Digital Multi Meter and check the resistance of the two pins you mentioned above. The switch will need to be in the Ignition position. If you see a significant resistance above normal continuity levels (straight connection), 100 ohms for example, you have found one item that may be giving you grief. That's the only reason I found it, the hard way

I bypassed the kick stand switch and the tipover switch considering I drive in the dunes on a lot of varrying terrain. I don't care for nuisance trips within the fuel injection system, but that's just me.

8. Collapse Details
    I'm using an 02 ECU harness and motor. I put the 100 ohm (actually 102 ohm) resistor in place of the ign switch between the orange/yellow and the black/white wires and put my E-BAY tip over switch on and it runs

Thanks for all your help

9. Collapse Details
    I'm using an 02 ECU harness and motor. I put the 100 ohm (actually 102 ohm) resistor in place of the ign switch between the orange/yellow and the black/white wires and put my E-BAY tip over switch on and it runs

Thanks for all your help
    Glad to hear you got it running, now its on to the next challenge I suspect

10. Collapse Details

Thanks for all your help
    If you decide the strip out that harness to make it cleaner and remove all the stuff you don't need, you can actually just trace that orange/yellow wire back to the computer, cut it about 4 or 5" short and install the resistor there and connect it to any of the grounds in the harness running near it.

I remove prob. 1/2 the wiring in the stock harness to eliminate what I don't need and route it to my chassis......
    www.SinisterSandSports.com
    918-521-3736
    Yes, i'm on facebook clicky clicky.................