PDA

View Full Version : Master Clutch

greasemnky
12-03-2008, 12:15 AM
Anyone know of any sport bikes that had a seperate master and clutch lever assem??

Most bikes obviously have the master directly attached to the lever. My set up is odd, and to really have any leverage, I need to stand the clutch lever vertical, instead of horizontial. Right now, I just have the lever cut and rewelded at a 90 degree angle. But that gives me no leverage.

I've heard rumors of the kawasaki's using a seperate master/lever set up, but can't find it.

Oh, and my clutch is on the steering controls. I wish I could put it on my foot, but there's no room.

LEE1969GB
12-03-2008, 02:05 PM
I assume you mean hydrolic? Would a honda pilot brake lever and master cylinder not work? Or what about a cable lever operating on to a hydrolic master cylinder mounted on the frame.
I hope you can make some sence of that, I know what I mean:D

K-fab
12-03-2008, 06:23 PM
I want to say that the TL had a separate res (little round unit) from the master cylinder.

Check Magura's (http://www.controls.magura.com/productfinder/?language=en) web site and see if they offer anything that might work.

plkracer
12-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Would a brake master work? I know a lot of them are seperate.

greasemnky
12-03-2008, 10:54 PM
I wonder if a brake side would work. The pilot one won't work, its too small to work the clutch. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow of what I've got for controls. I've been trying to improve them. Right now, brakes and clutch are on the hands. I'm moving the brake to the left foot. Don't have room to put the clutch there also.

nutz4sand
12-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Post a picture to help people get ideas for you.

I wonder if you could not cantilever it. They will cover a 90 degree corner quite easy.

A round disc atop the steering wheel on a pivot just off the master cylinder. A takeoff off it pushing on the master cylinders cylinder inward toward the center (It might need a guide but thats easy). Then the hand lever connected so when you pull the clutch its got a fulcrum point that makes it pull on the inside of the disc which tries to pivot nad pushes in on the master cylinder. Its a lot simpler than it sounds!

Actually as I remember it and think it is you could use the same pivot the current lever uses. But make it so the lever your hand is on has its own new pivot that pulls on a piece you fab to make it still pull the brakes. Instead off pulling to the outside like you did when the lever was not bent 90 degrees you will have to hook your new lever to the other side of the current lever pivot. Then when you pull inward with the lever on your hand it has to go thru both pivot poin ts to push inward on the brake master cylinder.

If that does not make sense put up a pic and I will "paint" (Yoshi cad..lol I luv that!) what I am talking about. Be pretty easy to do for the most part. I could show you in seconds if I was standing there I think.

K-fab
12-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Clutch m/c - should work well. It's nothing more than a hydraulic setup.

Maybe what I was thinking about was a clutch m/c w/a separate rez. Not sure.