PDA

View Full Version : Triple EEE Desert Star II rear disc brake pads ??

jwcarguy
11-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Does anyone know were to get replacement rear disc brake pads for a Triple EEE Enterprises Desert Star II mini buggy ?
The rear caliper is mounted on the right side of the Comet FNR box and has a capitol "A" with a heart symblol as a logo, but no name?
The pads are approx. 1 1/2" in diameter and mount with a single countersunk head screw to the piston and the fixed caliper half.
These cars were built back in the 90's with "off the self" parts on custom chassis 's.
Any help would be great.
Thanks, Jeff JeffW_01@msn.com

bc124
11-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Sounds like an Aireheart kart brake. My Triple eee has Enginetics kart rear brakes. I googled enginetics and was able to find some pads for mine not to long ago. You might try some of these places i had found, you might have to call and describe what you have.http://www.out2win.com/catalog/brake.html or http://www.cometkartsales.com/store/brakes/engineti.htm
or http://estore.websitepros.com/768505/Categories.bok?category=Brakes
Hope this might help.

jwcarguy
12-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the information! I got a hold of Airheart and will be ordering the replacement brake linings. I just need to find out from their "main guy" as to which pads to run, either the hard or soft? We don't race it, we just tear up the dunes , as much as possible!
What modifications have you done with your Triple EEE ? I haven't talked with anyone that still has one, just the helpfull people that used to, or know about them.
I want to change out the 430cc Cuyuna to a 650cc liquid cooled twin Artcic Cat, that I already have ready to go. I just am waiting for a deal on a better FNR box, rather than the Comet FNR box that is in it now. I am told the 650 has around 100 hp, compared to the 53hp rating on the Cuyuna.
Any pics too?
Thanks again for the help!!

bc124
12-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Good to here you found what you needed. I just got my Triple eee a few months ago. It is a single seater. I haven't had to do much to it for now. New rear brake pads and rotor and some brake fluid was all i had to replace to be able to drive it. I have been taking it out once a week since i got it and have had zero problems. I need to replace a few things in the near future, like the front shocks, brakes, and wheel bearings. A new seat if i can find something i like that will fit(it's tight inside). It has a water cooled fl350 engine that i'd like to replace also. It still runs strong for now though. It was fairly dirty and had some surface rust when i got it so i have been slowly cleaning it up and would like to get it powder coated someday. Heres a couple pictures and good luck with the brakes. These were taken when i first got it.

jwcarguy
12-07-2008, 01:10 PM
I just ordered the brake pads from Airheart yesterday. I will have to pull the Desert Star ii out of our trailer and post some pics of it. I have changed outthe Works shocks for Fox airs and am going to change out the 430cc twin for a 650cc twin Arctic Cat along with a bigger gearbox. What kind of gearbox does yours have?
Also, your suspension is alot different than mine. The Desert Star II has a single big A-arm in both the front and rear. Even the rear axles and u-joints are big (spicer #1310, I think)
I just wish that it had more travel.

Fugaboo
04-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Was working on my Desert Star II today and man were the breaks shot! Will post some picts soon. Like yours mine is an Airheart, so curious to see which pads you bought? I am using the buggy for recreation at the dunes and in sme of the hard pack. Also the works shocks that are on it are trashed, so that will be my next investment. Can you give me some details on the series / length that you bought for your Dez Star II?