PDA

View Full Version : R1 stand alone wiring harness

ghettosled
11-08-2008, 01:03 AM
In the market for a newer R1 motor for rhino project.

Curious if anyone makes a stand alone engine harness (almost like a painless wiring harness for a race car) that would get rid of any excess or unnecessary wiring that would only be used when bolted into the bike (headlights, brakelights, fan, blah blah).

Something basically plug-n-play for all the ECU, sensors, etc but has a power/ground lead, wire to trigger starter selenoid, fuel pump, and maybe a charging post for powered accessories (lights, fans, etc)

any help would be appreciated.. thanks

plkracer
11-08-2008, 01:42 AM
There are none that I know of. I know that there are some places that you can send a harness in and they will modify it as needed. I think the cost was around 150 or so? I don't know who does it since I modified my own.

Gene
11-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Check with Peter D Motorsports.com and see if they can get you hooked up.

ghettosled
11-09-2008, 12:41 AM
thanks for the tip, i'll give them a shot.

What wires / connector plugs can be removed to clean up and simplify the wiring?

Anyone have a link to the oem wiring harness schematics?

BassCat
11-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Check out Barker Racing.

Barker Racing (http://www.barkerracing.com/)

He is doing 2 for me now..

punkur67
11-12-2008, 12:15 AM
Yamaha makes a race harness and computer the eliminates extras like lights and unneeded switches. I found one with the race computer for $100 on ebay a while back. WAY easier than digging through the stock harness. Also just a tip if you remove the exup servo you can bypass it with a resistor. Look in your manual and see what the stock resistance should be and buy that resistor. They sell kits for $50 that do the same or you can just spend a dollar at radioshack.

ghettosled
11-12-2008, 12:25 AM
the Barker setup looks to be exactly what i am looking for. i will check into the yamaha race harness, but i suspect it is still for a bike, just gets rid of all the DOT crap.

The Barker setup looks like you run a wire for 12V power, wire to trigger fuel pump relay and one to trigger the fan relay. Couldn't get much easier then that!

thanks for the tips!

stetler
11-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Check out Barker Racing.

Barker Racing (http://www.barkerracing.com/)

He is doing 2 for me now..

Did you get your harness back from them yet??
I emailed him but haven't heard anything back???
How much did he charge you and what was the turn around tme? thanks!

ghettosled
11-26-2008, 07:16 PM
i called the guy at Barker. Sending him out my 05 harness Friday. He said he is busy so turn around time is approx 1 business week. Cost is $250 with the switch plate and low oil light. Basically a 3 wire hookup. I'm officially making progress :-)

stetler
11-26-2008, 07:21 PM
can you PM me his number? I emailed him but haven't heard anything back.

ghettosled
11-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Jeff Barker

315-491-5288

stetler
11-27-2008, 11:46 AM
Jeff Barker

315-491-5288
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [smilie=non_banana1:

I'll call him tomorrow and see if I can get in contact.

BassCat
12-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Did you get your harness back from them yet??
I emailed him but haven't heard anything back???
How much did he charge you and what was the turn around tme? thanks!

Yes it's back. Very nice work and plug and play. I made my own dash so the 02-03 harness mod cost $125 and took a little over a 2 weeks mostly shipping time as from Ca to Ny is about a week.
I sent my 06 zx10 at same time but told him I needed the R1 first.
It held up to a week of beating at Dumont so I'm happy.