PDA

View Full Version : An open invitation…..

yummi
10-22-2008, 01:53 PM
KFab is going to be in Phoenix area next week and after.

He does a lot for the board; always has a good word to say and good advice. I am looking forward to meeting him.

Thought I would offer up an open invitation to any other board member who wants to join us for pizza and beer or tacos and horcheta - have not quite figured it out yet. Currently thinking of some place at the Tempe Market Place area as that is kind of central. When? Monday November 3rd. If you have any ideas as to where – toss it out.

PM me or him for exact time and location.

Creativeness
10-22-2008, 09:27 PM
How about you guys come to the northwest, that way i can meet you all =)

plkracer
10-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Yeah, we need a get-together next summer.

TutTech
10-22-2008, 10:37 PM
I was thinking of going out to Glamis, Buttercup, etc depending on where K-fab goes and run
out there and find him and chase him around in my race car for an afternoon... talk crap around the camp fire and then head home.

So let me know where he is going to be over Halloween weekend and where he is camping testing his car and I might be able to go do that.
;)

Also I like the idea about a Mini Buggy Meet and Greet.
[smilie=smile.gif]

yummi
10-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Tut let me know if you decide to do the day trip. I will be in Gordon's but hope to make the drive up to Oldsmobile for an afternoon. Likely on Saturday. Friday night just chillin at "test." Bring lucy or kitt (or BOTH) and heck, you can lead the way....

I still have yet to figure where I will lay my head at night. There is a chance i will be "dirt dwelling" that weekend, no worries, buddies will let me use their pad for the hygine, just no fun when the toy hauler is away on work.

I will be there with a car (that with luck will run for the whole weekend) a 400 Banshee and an old school ATC250r. If all that fails to get me where I need to be, I hang with guys that have the stoooopid expensive cars. I will just "borrow" one.

Creativeness: I would love a trip to the NW. Take in the dunes in Oregon. That is gonna take some planning, but I will never say never.....

Philabuster
10-23-2008, 06:35 PM
I enjoyed meeting K-fab myself in 2006. Sign me up for lunch or whatever. I would also like to meet everyone else local to the Phoenix area from the board. More wheeling buddies the better.

suicidaltendencies
10-24-2008, 11:37 PM
Yummi..... Hor.whata? now your just making stuff up!

yummi
10-25-2008, 12:51 AM
No really, it is funky rice juice.

Reminds me of rice pudding - well, in taste anyway - not in texture. Not as good as tequila,(Really now WHAT IS?) [smilie=ext_beer2.g: but a good contribution from our southern friends.

"Mexican Horchata
A refreshing cold drink made of rice, almonds, cinnamon (canella), lime zest and sugar. This drink is rumored to be a cure for a hangover and is frequently served at breakfast time. Even though the drink has a milky appearance it is completely dairy-free. . . . (H)orchata was an old-world drink brought to the new world by the Spaniards and later enjoyed by the Aztecs. In Spain horchata was made with with ground melon seeds but given the seeds were not available in the new world the Spaniards substituted the readily available squash seeds. Later almonds and rice were brought to the new world and incorporated into the drink as it is prepared today."

plkracer
10-25-2008, 01:15 AM
That stuff is good.

K-fab
10-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Horchata! I LOVE THAT STUFF!!!!

Yummi - depending on when/if/where I end up at the dunes, you'd b more than welcome to throw a sleeping bag down in the back half of the truck. It would put a roof and walls around you.

I'm looking forward to this!

TutTech
10-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Post up as soon as you guys know where your at so I can talk to Pepper and see if we
can make a quick day trip.

Hope to atleast take a road trip out and say hi.
;)

I have never tried Horchata I will have to check it out some day.
:)

plkracer
10-26-2008, 12:06 AM
If you like tacos, enchiladas, or chimi's you'll love it. It goes great with them. I need to grab one at the mexican restaurant on the Ave tomorrow.

yummi
10-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Kfab, Thanks for the offer of sleeping space, but worst case – I will sleep in my truck. My better half is down with the idea as it is just a 48 hour adventure. Funny part is my trailer leaves Huston that weekend. There is always the next big weekend.

K-fab
10-28-2008, 08:02 PM
So, has a time and place been set yet?

yummi
10-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Sure, nobody made any suggestions, so lets do this:

Monday the 3rd at 6:30pm at San Felipes Cantina Welcome to San Felipes Cantina (http://www.sanfelipescantina.com/) which is at the Tempe Market Place at the 202 and 101 in South Scottsdale. From Deer Valley, that time of day.... well, might not be too bad - 51 south, 202 East exit Rural... Maybe 45 minutes or so w/ traffic.

Now, bear in mind Monday Night Football, etc and it is a patio bar, might be loud, with some ASU folk there, but it is the most central place I can think of. Worst case, we go invade the "Paradise Bakery" which won't be so bar esque?

List of dining choices is here.... Tempe Marketplace - Dine (http://www.tempemarketplace.com/Dine.aspx) if something else strikes people's fancy....

If anybody wants my cell number, just pm me.

From the web:

Tempe Marketplace is located on Rio Salado Parkway just west of the 101. Click here (Map of N McClintock Dr & E Rio Salado Pkwy Tempe, AZ by MapQuest (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?address=N%20Mcclintock%20Dr%20%26%20E%20Ri o%20Salado%20Pkwy&city=Tempe&state=AZ&zipcode=85281&country=US&title=%3cb%3eN%20Mcclintock%20Dr%20%26amp%3b%20E%2 0Rio%20Salado%20Pkwy%3c%2fb%3e%3cbr%20%2f%3e%20Tem pe%2c%20AZ%2085281%2c%20%20US&cid=lfmaplink2&name=)) for directions. Just minutes from the surrounding communities of Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, Chandler and Gilbert, Tempe Marketplace is conveniently located on the southwest corner of the Loop 101 and Loop 202 freeways. Trouble-free access is available off the freeways using McClintock Drive or Rio Salado Parkway.

COMING FROM LOOP 202:
Westbound - Exit Rural Rd. (left) to Rio Salado Parkway (left) to McClintock Dr.
Eastbound - Exit McClintock Dr. (right)
COMING FROM LOOP 101:
Exit Rio Salado Parkway

K-fab
10-29-2008, 08:26 PM
That sounds good.

We'll see ya there. :)

bc124
11-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Unfortunitely i have to work tonight.:( I was planning on making this until work decided to give me tuesday night off instead of monday night, like i usually have. Have fun guys and theres always a next time. [smilie=ext_beer2.g:

yummi
11-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Dinner was a good time. We will try again next time Kfab is in town, or any member comes our way.

For those that have not yet had the chance to meet him, K-Fab is a heck of a guy. If any of you ever get the chance to meet him, it is well worth the effort. He has struck gold with his new found girl, so, my guess is he will be spending a little less time on the board - but for a very good reason. The best part besides being a redhead? She digs the dirt as well.

Philabuster - We have a date to play in the sand. Looking forward to getting you down there to see the sights and a big ol grin on your face. You will have a good time and the camp always has plenty of carne asada cooked up to feed more.

Now all I have to do is spend too much money in too little time to ensure my car runs better than the last time - DOH! I think I am going to have to mow lawns, toss papers, pick up cans on the side of the road, or something to pay for all this.

We will see you all next time.

K-fab
11-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Yummi it was great to meet you and your better half. Thank you very much for setting up the gathering. Alice enjoyed it too.

She's looking forward to getting back to the dunes too. The stuff's like crack - one good dune ride and you an addict.

She now has the disease of dirt too. (WOO HOO!!!)

I'm bummed that I won't be here over Turkey Day even more now.

Enjoy "AJ" for me.

Phil - great to see you again. Get hooked up w/Yummi and crew and go enjoy the dunes!
We'll have to go play in the desert too once I get things on the 10Dez figured out.

bc - bummer that you had to work. I was looking forward to you being there. Thanks again for coming out to the desert w/me, though.

Thanks again guys!

Philabuster
11-04-2008, 01:04 PM
I enjoyed dinner as well. Next time, I am going to look at my bill before I pay it. :rolleyes:

Hopefully I can swing the dune trip. I am looking forward to a little play time. It's been since Feb that I have even driven my car. I've been dealing with divorce related issues and I have been divorced for 4 years. [smilie=rant.gif]