PDA

View Full Version : FL350R with 440 Yam

lynnbg
09-29-2008, 07:40 PM
I just bought a honda odyssey with a yamaha 440snowmobile engine on it, but its not hooked up yet,Electricaly, and drive sys, etc. I am looking for an electrical diagram for it, so I can get this thing running. And a question I have is is the distance between the drive, and the driven pully criticle, If so what should it be. I would appreciate any help. Lynn Bourg

Jay1823
09-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Sorry i completely forgot to PM you back. I was never able to find anything for the 440 engine, luckily i pulled mine from a running sled so i had no issues. Your best best is a couple of the yamaha forums, i was able to get a little help when i needed it there. Totallyamaha.com was the best i found and yes it's two L's.

I doubt your going to be able to find any wiring diagrams though, i tried but no one was able to give me one, you might have to break down and buy a manual. I was able to find my 570 exciter manual on ebay for about 10 bucks, plus it was on a cd so i just print the pages i need and take them outside.

Bugpac
09-29-2008, 08:00 PM
There is no set center to center distance for the combo you have...You will need to improvise by putting a belt on and setting the backlash....Then figuring were to mount the motor from there...

Jay1823
09-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Pretty much what i did but i also made a plate for my chaincase to mount too that has slots cut in it for all the bolts to go through that way i'm able to fine tune how tight the belt is. Gotta love trial and error. Believe me i'll be spending much of the winter refabbing my errors :)

greasemnky
09-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Jays design is pretty good! Handles wood chips like a champ <inside reference>

Check out this site, its with a rotax, but the basic trial and error is the same. You may need to join his board to see some parts. But it will give you a great jumping off point. New engine for my Pilot? (http://pilotodyssey.com/new440.htm)