PDA

View Full Version : Pedal Pics Please

405dentech
09-28-2008, 01:31 PM
[smilie=banghead.gi:I'm trying to figure out which pedal setup to run and not having much luck. I was wanting to run hydraulic brake, cable clutch and cable throttle but not sure if that is the right setup for a gixxer 600 clutch. That being said, not sure what parts to order. Any tips or pics would really be appreciated.

rowycoracing
09-28-2008, 02:04 PM
This is simple and it works OK.

Bugpac
09-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Im not a big fan hydro to cable myself, I used a morse cable for the clutch and made a aluminum block to accept the oem clutch cable and the morse cable...Cheaper to IMO, Cble throttle all the way on the gixxer, I built a mount on the chassis to hold the sheeth off the morse cable, I took the bell crank off the tbodies, and welded a short arm to it and put my ball on for the morse cable....Work flawlessly...

405dentech
09-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Im not a big fan hydro to cable myself, I used a morse cable for the clutch and made a aluminum block to accept the oem clutch cable and the morse cable...Cheaper to IMO, Cble throttle all the way on the gixxer, I built a mount on the chassis to hold the sheeth off the morse cable, I took the bell crank off the tbodies, and welded a short arm to it and put my ball on for the morse cable....Work flawlessly...
So you ran all cables? What kind of pedals did you run? Cable setup seems like it would be so much more simple. My clutch cable will need to be around 7ft long though so i probably couldn't ru the stock cable.

Bugpac
09-28-2008, 03:04 PM
I ran a morse cable to the stock cable.... I made the gas and clutch pedals and use a wilwood brake pedal...

405dentech
09-28-2008, 03:09 PM
That looks like it will work like a champ. I guess i need to look at some cables. Thank you guys for your help. I really do appreciate it.

405dentech
09-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Oh yaeh what about those adjustable pedal brackets? Worth having or not? My wife will occasionally drive this car and she is about 8inches shorter than me.

Bugpac
09-28-2008, 03:35 PM
All depends on the pedals...My drak has the pedals mounted to a 1" square tube, it has flanges on the end and can be slid in the bolt holes, they are swinging pedals...

punkur67
09-28-2008, 03:37 PM
I drilled the clutch bracket to 1/4" and used the 1/4" heim on the end of my cnc slave cylinder. Sorry no pics

405dentech
09-28-2008, 04:08 PM
I drilled the clutch bracket to 1/4" and used the 1/4" heim on the end of my cnc slave cylinder. Sorry no pics
You are using a cable off of your hydraulic pedal? How well does that work. I really would like to run a non hydraulic clutch pedal.

punkur67
09-28-2008, 07:41 PM
No cable at all just the slave hooked directly to the clutch arm. I had to put a stop on the pedal to keep the clutch from over twisting but it was simple. I ran it for 2 seasons with no problems. I will dig through my pics and see if I have one.

You are using a cable off of your hydraulic pedal? How well does that work. I really would like to run a non hydraulic clutch pedal.

405dentech
09-28-2008, 07:51 PM
I'm sorry i just ca'nt picture what you are describing. The only other buggy i've ever owned was a fl250 Odyssey with the stock hand controls. Not that i built that or that it really qualifies for a rail. Pics would be great. Thank you.

punkur67
09-28-2008, 08:41 PM
this was during mock up and it is only zip teid on but you get the idea.

bigtuna
09-29-2008, 10:39 PM
This is on my 05 GSXR 6001/4" heim on Jamar slave cylinder. I had to fab up a mount to get my clutch actuator away from the motor because of the drive coupler. Then welded a flat bracket to the stock arm that used to tie to the cable. Put a 1/4 heim on the Jamar slave cylinder. Temporary in pic but works. Going to fab up a nicer looking bracket but do it the same way. You can't see them but the lever has multiple holes to adjust the throw on the clutch.