PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Mini Buggy

Odyknuck
09-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Anybody know anything about these. I dont want to buy one just curious.

eBay Motors: 2006 Joyner Sand Spider 650 Dune Buggy 103 MILES! rail (item 260283769761 end time Sep-26-08 05:53:34 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Joyner-Sand-Spider-650-Dune-Buggy-103-MILES-rail_W0QQitemZ260283769761QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item 260283769761&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C65%3A1%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245#ebayphotohosting)

Pacman
09-09-2008, 04:59 PM
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk76/Packman_014/emo/happy1.gif This should be good! [smilie=ph34r.gif]

anasasisxenophontis
09-09-2008, 07:38 PM
lolol

Bugpac
09-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Joyner has the best name of all the imports, and the price is about right for that compared to other joyners...

punkur67
09-09-2008, 11:10 PM
three words CHINA MADE JUNK! I know quite a few people with joyners and not one happy. I know a guy with over 20k invested with a supercharger, bypass shocks, fancy wheels, and so on and my dads old 2+2 with limited tortion travel ruins these cars. I feel bad cause people think cause they spend a ton of money you are getting what you pay for, NOT ALWAYS. If this is you budget go find a nice vw powered car and a beam style suspension, you will get way more bang for your buck. And for resale value............ just look at used ones you will see what im talking about.

Odyknuck
09-10-2008, 11:04 AM
three words CHINA MADE JUNK! I know quite a few people with joyners and not one happy. I know a guy with over 20k invested with a supercharger, bypass shocks, fancy wheels, and so on and my dads old 2+2 with limited tortion travel ruins these cars. I feel bad cause people think cause they spend a ton of money you are getting what you pay for, NOT ALWAYS. If this is you budget go find a nice vw powered car and a beam style suspension, you will get way more bang for your buck. And for resale value............ just look at used ones you will see what im talking about.

I am aware that they are made in China and thats why I asked for feedback. I have no intension of Buying one. I have heard that the quality of the off shore buggys is getting better each year. I have two Pilots now and a full sized VW Turbo charged woodsbuggy. This is my buget lol:
http://www.minibuggy.net/forum/show-off-your-toys-here/8978-buggy-project.html

Bugpac
09-10-2008, 11:27 AM
One guys junk is another guys treasure, Not everyone can afford the 40k buggies, so no matter what we say do etc, there will be buyers for the import stuff...There is a lot of joyners on the trail, and from what i understand they are top of the line for import stuff, every make has there problems, you dont generally here about the good, just the bad...

masterfabr
09-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Bad news travels FAST and good never leaves home.

renegadespec1
09-16-2008, 07:44 AM
I hear no evil see no evil and speak no evil...Bug is right about the chinese shit will never go away...I have never driven one myself so I should play nice.....NOT I drive around them, sling gravel on them, and wish I still chewed tobacco when in front of them...

GoinPostal
09-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Joyner buggies are made in China, but are owned by and designed here in Tempe, AZ. I have visited the Joyner factory here numerous times and they have supplied me with parts and advice when I needed it. I believe they are a great company with great customer service. I own one a Joyner 800 Viper that is now motorcycle powered by a Kawasaki ZX-9. The stock chinese motors are good, but not nearly fast enough for what I wanted. I have taken it to both the dunes and the desert and have driven it hard with no problems from it at all. It has held up better than all the VW based rails that I have had previously. I would recommend them to anyone. :D

Rat4020
11-18-2009, 07:04 AM
as to the news china baisicly owns the USA.maybe Goin postal should move to china and see if he can get a job in the joynor factory.Joyner,s always where poorly made rip offs & always will be.:mad:

Chikin
11-19-2009, 08:27 PM
that ad was removed. Wonder why???

Gotted
11-19-2009, 11:57 PM
This video looks interesting and goofy. Looks like just another buggy!
JOYNER U.T.V.s & BUGGIES - Videos (http://www.lifestyleutvs.com/apps/videos/videos/view/2068430-joyner-650-buggy)

Looks like they have parts Worldwide distributor of recreational utility vehicles and dune buggies. (http://www.teamjoynerusa.com/index.html)

Only part that looks useful is a power steering unit. A (G) for a pump and a hose and zip ties, now thats real Hose-Job!!

https://teamjoynerusa.3dcartstores.com/T2T4-Trooper-Power-Steering-Kit_p_227.html
You have financing options. Scary

HYPR
12-11-2009, 04:12 AM
Hmmm some interesting reading. I have just begun the move from ATV's (sold one stock Z400 and have a second 440 version on Craigslist now for sale) to Mini's. As they say "With age comes Cage!" and have been looking at the Joyner's as the entry. I have talked to several owner's I have met on the trail out in the desert and generally the feedback is good. Only neagative was a couple of guys who have had them for a few seasons and expressed not fast enough. I certainly can relate and see that I would out grow that part quick due to heavy right foot and lack of direct connect to the brain (not unique condition I am sure!)
Anyway, I would love to build my own but also want to play THIS season (read that as winter) and want to stay on a <$8000 budget so what other choices are there out there for a turn key long suspension 2 passenger Mini Sand Rail that will be used 95% in the Desert?
Bob

Rat4020
12-11-2009, 08:03 AM
Sand dunes in china???????????go figure.if joyners are tested&drawn up in AZ why are they fabricated in china sweat shops ?maybe we can melt down a few joyners & make a few new buicks out of them..:D

odypilots
12-11-2009, 03:40 PM
If it wasn't for China's love of Buick, we'd still have Pontiac, and GM would have dumped Buick instead.

Gene
12-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Some Joyner owners are very happy with their cars. Parts are inexpensive according to a rcent post at Glamis Dunes.

The "made in china" argument may not apply to everthing made in china.

crazyawesome
12-12-2009, 12:07 PM
I built trash trucks and frontend loaders for meny years right here in the U.S.A. And we couldnt put made in the U.S.A. on them because some parts came from overseas. In order to put made in the U.S.A. on them ALL PARTS have to be made in the U.S. So what motor do you put in your buggies?

Gene
12-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Japanese in mine. Could be made anywhere under contract provided it is built to spec.

LuvMyTJ
12-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Japanese in mine. Could be made anywhere under contract provided it is built to spec.

Exactly... just cause it is from China doesn't always = garbage. In some china factories, they have strict quality control just like anyplace else. It all depends on what the customer requires.
I can remember a time when nobody would touch anything made in Japan, now they are regarded as some of the best products produced in the world today.

Komelika
12-14-2009, 04:43 AM
My Tacoma beat my GM in the quality department hands down!

2004 GMC Sierra HD2500 48K miles
Climate control: Driverside AC randomly switches to heat. Have to pull over, turn truck off, restart and drive until it happens again.
Telescoping mirrors: work randomly. Have to get out of vehicle and pull or push mirror in place on passenger side.
My favorite: Intermediate steering shaft. Clunks loudly when turning into a corner. Called dealership to inquire. Dealer, "Yes, that is a known GM problem. It sounds like it is falling apart, but there is no risk." Me, "If it is a known problem then why isn't there a recall?" Dealer, "There is no safety risk." Me, "What is the fix and how much will it cost me?" Dealer, "It will cost you $300 parts and labor to install a heavy duty intermediate steering shaft." Me, "IT IS GOING TO COST ME $300 TO PUT A HEAVY DUTY STEERING SHAFT IN A HEAVY DUTY TRUCK? SHOULDN'T A HEAVY DUTY TRUCK HAVE A HEAVY DUTY STEERING SHAFT IN IT ALREADY?" Dealer, "Ummm..." Me, dial tone...
And we wonder why GM is going the way of the titanic? Wish I had the option to take mine back!