PDA

View Full Version : Which Buggy?

Gundog
08-27-2008, 07:55 PM
I want an American made mini Buggy. I really like some of the ones on here like Sinister X-18 and others. I am not looking for that serious of a machine for a starter machine though. I am looking for a comparable machine to a GK-32 Chinese model but US built. I know it will be more money but I am not going to spend 4 times the money. I may need to build what I want if I can't buy something already built. Can someone tell me about other buggies I may not have seen. I have looked at Xrail I like the looks of those I have seen the Ridge Runner I like that one but $20K is more than I want to spend. What else is out there?
Thanks Mike

Bugpac
08-27-2008, 08:05 PM
you could always buy a rzr...:D sounds like something that your after to me...fairly priced, good machine with a warranty, performs well...50" wide...

masterfabr
08-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Rhino?

Bugpac
08-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Rzr is faster and more stable, less likely for them long legs to flop out the doors...:D

whiplash
08-27-2008, 08:20 PM
The RZR is a blast and is AMERICAN made! I love mine but want to go FASTER! I may be selling mine so if you decide to do it let me know mine is very well set up and will take anything Mother G can throw at it at WOT, except maybe razor backs!!

Bugpac
08-27-2008, 08:27 PM
The RZR is a blast and is AMERICAN made! I love mine but want to go FASTER! I may be selling mine so if you decide to do it let me know mine is very well set up and will take anything Mother G can throw at it at WOT, except maybe razor backs!!

And since you are not a dealership, it should be able to be bought for 4000.00 correct?:p

Not if you don't buy them at the parts store, its just like a new car depreciation right of the showroom floor.

bc124
08-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Probably a little to far away from you but ATV Racing has a recreational version of the Tazcar. Not sure what they call it (K-fab might know more about it) But it looked decent for a first buggy. I don't think it's on there website so you would have to see it in person. Also check out tut's buggy in the for sale section.

Gundog
08-27-2008, 10:56 PM
I have thought about a RZR in fact I called my local Polaris dealer yesterday and asked about pricing. The standard RZR was $10800 and the new RZR S model coming in November will be $13800 I think that is the numbers they gave me. It is an option but I really like the Xrail or Ridge Runner type but the 4x4 might be nice. I just want to make sure I have all the different ones in front of me to consider I don't want to find out there was something better when it is too late. I really like the idea of an automatic trans over a shifter. I tried to get a hold of xrail 3 times now 2 times by phone and 1 email are they still in business? I would like some pricing from them.

Anyone know what a weber 750 new crate motor would sell for? I am also wondering what the cost of brakes hubs axles FNR and CVT would run for that motor? I am considering building something myself but I need to price it all out and add 30% for everything I forgot. I am thinking fox shocks basically making the xrail buggy myself. I sent them an email asking if I could buy a roller from them but again no answer. I am not ragging on them they maybe on vacation or out of town I am just trying to get some things figured out.

My daughter and son inlaw are going to Sand Lake this weekend with their quads I wish I had a buggy so I could go and tag along.
Mike

yummi
08-28-2008, 12:11 AM
Also check out tut's buggy in the for sale section.[smilie=thumbs_up.g:

Likly a better call than a RZR.

http://www.minibuggy.net/forum/sale/8111-dual-sport-buggy-sale.html

Kludge
08-28-2008, 12:30 AM
Hi Gundog,

What is your budget?

Two Seat or one seat?

/Frank

Gundog
08-28-2008, 01:36 AM
My top price would be the price of a new RZR $14. I would like to be $5-8 K I think I could build something for that probably not with a Weber but a bike motor shifter. There is a guy selling a Joyner turbo model near me for $5k I might try it to start. I probably need to start at a lesser amount and make sure I really want and will use a buggy enough.
Mike

Bugpac
08-28-2008, 05:27 AM
Joyners are probably the best import buggies there is, and they have a shit load of parts available in the usa, sounds like its probably a decent deal...

Gene
08-29-2008, 07:33 PM
If you can spend 14k then you can build a kick azz car that exceeds any rzr off the show room floor or one that has another 14k in upgrades. Simple as that!

Rorty! I suggest you contact Kludge.

Woodchuck
09-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Probably a little to far away from you but ATV Racing has a recreational version of the Tazcar. Not sure what they call it (K-fab might know more about it) But it looked decent for a first buggy. I don't think it's on there website so you would have to see it in person. Also check out tut's buggy in the for sale section.

That would be the ATV R Car:) It would probably run 12k-14k and most likely out run the RZR's and Rhino's Hands Down. The next step from there might be a Tazcar but that is probably out of your budget?

RJ

K-fab
09-17-2008, 12:36 PM
I don't know if I'd compare it to a Tazcar other than it's a CVT drive setup..
BUT
The thing's a BLAST!!!

It has a 400 Polaris two smoke, an RPM tranny, dual a-arms on all four corners and either Fox airs or coil overs (can't recall). 12" or so on each corner.

I got to play in it out in the desert one afternoon - what a blast. It's quick, agile, handles great and absorbs even the bigger desert whoops well. It needed to have the rear rebound slowed down, but other than that WOO HOO!!!

I don't know if they still have it or not. It was one of two that they did.

LiveWire
09-17-2008, 12:57 PM
I would sell my 2000 Formula Cross for $12,500. It is a 583 Rotax, 104HP, 15" travel in front, 14" in rear, CVT with FNR, 8' long, 64" wide.

http://www.aftershockmotorsports.com/photos/livewire_peoria.jpg
http://www.aftershockmotorsports.com/photos/peoria_2002_1.jpg

http://www.aftershockmotorsports.com/video/drakart_slide.wmv