My barracuda powered by a 02 VTR1000

K-fab
06-18-2008, 06:01 AM
Great stuff!

I like the air time pic the best.

Welcome to the site!

bigdan
06-18-2008, 06:07 AM
thanks mate some more pics ive got some video aswell i just need to figure how to post them

bigdan
06-18-2008, 06:36 AM
YouTube - Cuda in car (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifVtVunHETs)
YouTube - Barracuda jumping (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jre4EXVd7AE)

bazz
06-18-2008, 08:01 AM
Great stuff Dan! Good to see ya enjoying yourself.
You need to give near- max throttle just before the jump to keep the momentum at the front,pulling the rear,instead of the rear pushing-overtaking the front.
Pitty your not closer for some celeb Coronas!
Keep the vids comming mate!...Baz

Gene
06-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Welocme to MBN!

Videos and car look good! Many of us are quite fascinated by Barracuda front suspension and have discussed it at length. then we need Corona too . . .

DesertDrifter
06-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Great buggy, looks like a blast! Makes me want to go riding:D

Bugpac
06-18-2008, 02:58 PM
great buggy, definitley looks fun, I found in the shifter cars, to just do a little clutch dump right before take off, squeeze it and dont let off the throttle, and dump it, gives a little bit of ass right before take off, then you dont have to hit it matted...

Doug Heim
06-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Looks good Dan. I like the front suspention video. It gives you a bunch of info for tuning. I would suggest that you could definatly stiffen up the springs by winding the retainers down a bit. I notice your Barracuda rides a little lower than mine. I would also adjust the collar on the FOX C.O. Shocks that limit the travel of the tender spring. The springs should never see more than half of the length and it seems like the main spring should be doing more of the work when hittong the big bumps and jumps. the video shows that the tender spring is doing most of the work and in my opinion its too much work.

Dont take this as me trying to knock anything. Im just wanting to help. You can leave it as is, thats just what I would do. The adjustment is available so I say use it.

Again great job. Sounds awesome too.

Bugpac
06-18-2008, 06:09 PM
you should be able to use the entire tender spring, thats why its lighter weight, for a more plush ride....

Doug Heim
06-18-2008, 09:57 PM
you still do not want to use more than half the stroke or the spring will eventually lose ist memory. 4" of stroke on a 8" long spring is about right. Then the stop should engage and the main spring takes over. Tha soft plush ride is where the tender spring takes up all the small stuff.

skidsteer
06-18-2008, 10:51 PM
BigDan I Like the video's. What kind of video camera did you use and how did you mount it to your buggy.

bigdan
06-19-2008, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the feed back guys.
Doug as you probalbly know that was my buggy's first outing and i just wanted to injoy all the work. The idea was to get some footage of the suspension working so i can show my mate who races motocross quads and is a bit of a wiz with shocks so he can have a fiddle with the settings. i do want input on how to get my cuda to handle better bacause on its first outing i managed to set the lap record for our track only to be equaled to the 100th of a second by mick in his piranha. But i recond there is still 5 seconds to be found in the chassis setup.
Skidsteer the camera is a $40 ebay job and i have just bolted it to the wing using the mount point for a tripod.