PDA

View Full Version : Carter....Anyone?

Islander
06-03-2008, 09:00 AM
Anyone have any experience with the Carter buggies? I've used the search here and found nothing. I'm looking into one for the wife and there is a dealer not far from my place. I was looking into either the 250 or 300. Anyone know how they are on parts, durability, etc? I can test drive them but that will not show anything wearing out in a couple of months time. Just want To make sure before I spend any money. They are the only buggy distributer in my province.

masterfabr
06-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Just a suggestion ,go to buggynews and do a search.You'll get plenty of replies there.

ZsROD
06-10-2008, 03:30 PM
I bought one of their 150's for my son. The engine didn't last 8 months. I also had trouble with the drivers side spindle at the bottom. The nut ate through the housing. Their larger machines might be okay but I will not ever buy anything from Carter Bros. again.

Islander
06-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I did check out Buggynews, and they seem to have quite a good following for the GTR250 and the GTR300, but I think I will stick to my plan of building fresh. That way, I know everything will be done right, 'cause I'm gonna ask a lot of questions here! Carter is the only buggy company that sells in my province, and I will never buy something with out test driving it first, so buying anything online is out of the question. Thanks!

amergin
06-10-2008, 08:38 PM
When you're ready to modify it or build one from scratch we will be more the willing to help out.