PDA

View Full Version : whats up with the new site?

sicksand
06-02-2008, 08:59 PM
What was wrong with the old mini buggy site,this one is alot harder to use?I think the last site was much more user freindly,this one kind of sucks for the person trying to use it?

Bugpac
06-02-2008, 09:01 PM
What was wrong with the old mini buggy site,this one is alot harder to use?I think the last site was much more user freindly,this one kind of sucks for the person trying to use it?

Or the guy trying to use it just sucks....[smilie=wbounce.gif] Jk...Youll get used to it....

masterfabr
06-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Yep you'll get used to it but I gotta admit I liked the old site.We just outgrew it and needed to change.

Pacman
06-02-2008, 09:57 PM
We just outgrew it and needed to change.

So you were hoping for change in the future?[smilie=whistle.gif]

DesertDrifter
06-02-2008, 10:46 PM
[smilie=poked.gif]

bdkw1
06-02-2008, 11:23 PM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/bdkw1/Smilies/Whip.gif

K-fab
06-03-2008, 04:57 AM
What was wrong with the old mini buggy site,this one is alot harder to use?I think the last site was much more user freindly,this one kind of sucks for the person trying to use it?A (space bar) lot....
See? There are things on this site that were just the same as the old one! :rolleyes:
[smilie=blowkiss.gi:

At first the place seems a bit funky, but the more you use it the better it becomes.

greasemnky
06-03-2008, 07:29 AM
too bad we couldn't have voted. The old site was much easier to use.

elmariachi
06-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Well I'am all for change, but the new format is taking some getting used too. If I could, however, make a suggestion; what I liked about the old site was that it was able to list the most recent topics (I always logged on using www.minibuggy.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=recent). It would list the 6 latest topics being discussed as well as the ability to go back to see what the previous 6 topics being discussed were.

The new format lists "Latest Posts" but if there are several replies to one particular post the "Latest" list is filled with replies to this one topic (as opposed to only updating that one topic).

Well, hope that was constructive and any changes can be made.

busasandrail
06-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Well I'am all for change, but the new format is taking some getting used too. If I could, however, make a suggestion; what I liked about the old site was that it was able to list the most recent topics (I always logged on using www.minibuggy.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=recent). It would list the 6 latest topics being discussed as well as the ability to go back to see what the previous 6 topics being discussed were.

The new format lists "Latest Posts" but if there are several replies to one particular post the "Latest" list is filled with replies to this one topic (as opposed to only updating that one topic).

Well, hope that was constructive and any changes can be made.

I agree that the old Recent topics format was better. Maybe the new format can be changed to allow for only the recent topics not posts....:cool:

masterfabr
06-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Gawd I hope so.

greasemnky
06-03-2008, 01:46 PM
The old board was great for checking in a couple days ago. this definatly archives old topics better, but for the daily checking, its hard to follow.

amergin
06-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Just give it some time guys. I'm working on all the issues one at a time. A link for the recent topics (not posts) will be added. There should be a way for me to add in the 6x6 option again.

This theme looks great on the surface but feels a little hard to use. As I posted before I'm working on another theme that uses the wide format like the old site. The main index will have a sidebar but when entering a forum or thread the sidebar will be removed providing that wide fullscreen format for ease of reading.

masterfabr
06-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Very cool!

Tater
06-03-2008, 04:20 PM
I just wanted to say good job.I like the new site.

SeufererMotorsports
06-03-2008, 04:22 PM
I like all the added features.:D
Now I just gotta figure out how to use them all. [smilie=ext_tomato.:

guy48065
06-04-2008, 11:05 AM
I suppose I'll get used to it...and then it'll change again ;)
Thanks to the holiday I missed the change warning and now I don't have all those warm friendly PMs from Sean (AKA Franco, SuperKart, etc. etc...) anymore [smilie=gun_chair.g: