PDA

View Full Version : FL350 clutch/belt questions

1stwarrior95
04-09-2008, 11:43 AM
First *off the simple question; What's the options for a belt? (I didn't get one with my "new" Oddy...) Where's a good place to buy, Part #, Brand, etc?

I just seen a post sayin a Polaris 500 Scrambler belt will work on a FL400. Would it, (or other quad belts), work on a FL350?

Next, I keep seein Comet 94c? clutches show up on my ebay searches for Oddy parts. What's the scoop on it? Is it a stock clutch or an aftermarket? (I'm guessing aftermarket) If it's aftermarket is it better for a FL350 than the stocker? What all is different between them?

Sorry for all the questions. This is my first Oddy and also my first experience with a belt trans. (CVT is the correct term?)

Thanks in advance!

Bugpac
04-09-2008, 11:48 AM
94c is an aftermarket clutch, if your in the market i Know were there is a good used one for 125.00 plus shipping, it looks brand new, Fl350 belts and parts can be bought at aftershockmotorsports.com *good guy to deal with in mosts opinon, and he has a lot of stuff in stock....

1stwarrior95
04-09-2008, 11:55 AM
94c is an aftermarket clutch, if your in the market i Know were there is a good used one for 125.00 plus shipping, it looks brand new, Fl350 belts and parts can be bought at aftershockmotorsports.com *good guy to deal with in mosts opinon, and he has a lot of stuff in stock....

Thanks Bugpac, I'll keep it in mind. I gotta get the engine rebuilt, (needs bored and a piston), before I get to deep $!

Bugpac
04-09-2008, 12:03 PM
no problem, do you got that all lined up now then?

1stwarrior95
04-09-2008, 12:21 PM
no problem, do you got that all lined up now then?

Lined up?

Bugpac
04-09-2008, 12:22 PM
the bore and piston? you got someone boring and got a piston sourced?

1stwarrior95
04-09-2008, 12:32 PM
the bore and piston? you got someone boring and got a piston sourced?

Oh! Yea, I've got a piston on the way, (Wiseco .020). Gotta wait on the piston before I can have the boring done. Got a couple of local shops for that. Know somebody that can do the boring for a good deal? I have this Oddy cylinder and a 660 raptor cylinder I need bored.

One local shop here charges 95 bucks and the other charges 65 but it about 120 mile drive.

1stwarrior95
04-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Gotta do the mods to the piston and cylinder recomended by Aftershock too.

Bugpac
04-09-2008, 12:35 PM
120 miles, ship it to them, that price seems good to me...I would ask around tho, they bore them with special clearances....Not sure what but im sure someone will chime in....

1stwarrior95
04-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Never give it a thought about shipping it to 'em! LOL
I might just do that.
Maybe...
I had 'em bore a cylinder awhile back and they lost the piston rings. They were supposed to order a new set and send 'em to me but I haven't seen 'em yet. Which reminds me, I have to call 'em and see what's up with the rings.

Thanks again!

buggyfreak34
04-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Make sure to tell your engine guy to relieve the exhaust bridge. And it's probably a good idea to check the
case fer leeks. Dont do what I did.

LiveWire
04-09-2008, 09:08 PM
[quote="Bugpac\";p=\"67557":3vccwngu]the bore and piston? you got someone boring and got a piston sourced?

Oh! Yea, I've got a piston on the way, (Wiseco .020). Gotta wait on the piston before I can have the boring done. Got a couple of local shops for that. Know somebody that can do the boring for a good deal? I have this Oddy cylinder and a 660 raptor cylinder I need bored.

One local shop here charges 95 bucks and the other charges 65 but it about 120 mile drive.[/quote:3vccwngu]

We charge $90, but that also includes hot tanking and bead blasting the cylinder so it comes back looking like new and also includes relieving the exhaust port bridge and return shipping.

1stwarrior95
04-09-2008, 09:53 PM
[quote="1stwarrior95\";p=\"67558":2nx6sogw][quote="Bugpac\";p=\"67557":2nx6sogw]the bore and piston? you got someone boring and got a piston sourced?

One local shop here charges 95 bucks and the other charges 65 but it about 120 mile drive.[/quote:2nx6sogw]

We charge $90, but that also includes hot tanking and bead blasting the cylinder so it comes back looking like new and also includes relieving the exhaust port bridge and return shipping.[/quote:2nx6sogw]

I got the piston today! Actually about an hour after I posted here last!

90 buck huh? Set the end gap on the rings and ya have a deal! *[smilie=biggrin.gif]

1stwarrior95
04-09-2008, 09:56 PM
LiveWire, You are Aftershock Motorsports, correct?

LiveWire
04-10-2008, 07:01 AM
New Wiseco rings will always be greater than the minimum clearance. I am part of Aftershock Motorsports.

1stwarrior95
04-10-2008, 10:42 AM
New Wiseco rings will always be greater than the minimum clearance. I am part of Aftershock Motorsports.

Cool!
What's the best way to get ahold of you to get this setup? Do we need to work directly through your website, or email, etc? My email is ttbaker@wildblue.net (mailto:ttbaker@wildblue.net) if ya wanna send me an address to ship the cylinder/piston to and how to get ya paid.

Thanks!

Bugpac
04-10-2008, 12:48 PM
1stwarrior95, Livewire is on vacation right now, he may not answer you back for an hour or 2 days, I think he will be back home tues or weds next week....He likely will respond soon tho... [smilie=biggrin.gif]

LiveWire
04-10-2008, 06:11 PM
[quote="LiveWire\";p=\"67626":ya0igz4u]New Wiseco rings will always be greater than the minimum clearance. I am part of Aftershock Motorsports.

Cool!
What's the best way to get ahold of you to get this setup? Do we need to work directly through your website, or email, etc? My email is ttbaker@wildblue.net (mailto:ttbaker@wildblue.net) if ya wanna send me an address to ship the cylinder/piston to and how to get ya paid.

Thanks![/quote:ya0igz4u]

Contact is best through email: sales@aftershockmotorsports.com (mailto:sales@aftershockmotorsports.com)

1stwarrior95
04-17-2008, 01:00 AM
Hey livewire,
Sorry for not gettin back to ya sooner. To many projects goin on right now.
I'll get the cylinder to ya asap.
Just another question. Do you bore 4 stroke cylinders too? I have a 660 Yamaha Raptor that I'll need bored also, as soon as I get a new sleeve or another used cylinder...LOL

LiveWire
04-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Yes, we bore four stroke and can get you the sleeve too. We can even bore and hone blind hole motors where the boring bar and hone cannot go all the way through.

1stwarrior95
08-23-2008, 01:35 AM
Hey livewire, I'm inthe process of emailing ya right now...
Sorry for thr loonng delay.
Springtime, (beginning of work season), sometimes sneeks up on me and I have a hard time finding time to get stuff like this done. (And I have a terible memory to...)

Anyway, sorry for leavin ya hangin. Hopefully I can get it shipped to you this time.

LiveWire
08-23-2008, 07:04 AM
Forum rules have changed since the original post so I cannot discuss pricing, etc. here.

1stwarrior95
08-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Forum rules have changed since the original post so I cannot discuss pricing, etc. here.

No problem. We can take care of all that through email I guess. Who do I address the email to?

I've been checking out some stuff on your website too. I'll send ya a PM here also.

Thanks

Bugpac
08-24-2008, 09:49 AM
No problem. We can take care of all that through email I guess. Who do I address the email to?

I've been checking out some stuff on your website too. I'll send ya a PM here also.

Thanks

His email addy is on his website to..:D He may not answer the comp today, Hes pretty busy trying to get some stuff ready for next weekend..:D

1stwarrior95
08-24-2008, 10:04 AM
His email addy is on his website to..:D He may not answer the comp today, Hes pretty busy trying to get some stuff ready for next weekend..:D

Yea, I was just wondering about a name for the email to go to. He said he's part of aftershock motorsports so I wanted to make sure my email gets to the right guy. LOL

I understand the busy thing! hahaha I've been trying to get my Raptor engine back together for next weekend too. Goin to the dirt drags. Got 1st place last month! Gotta defend my title....!!!! hahahahahaha

Just setup my email notifications here too so at least I'll know when somebody replies.

Bugpac
08-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Yea, I was just wondering about a name for the email to go to. He said he's part of aftershock motorsports so I wanted to make sure my email gets to the right guy. LOL

I understand the busy thing! hahaha I've been trying to get my Raptor engine back together for next weekend too. Goin to the dirt drags. Got 1st place last month! Gotta defend my title....!!!! hahahahahaha

Just setup my email notifications here too so at least I'll know when somebody replies.

Dirt drags? 300', running paddles as well? I am going mid sept to run on dirt 300' drags...Should be fun...I will be running paddles, they till the snot out of it till its like sand, just offers more traction than sand...

1stwarrior95
08-24-2008, 10:48 AM
Dirt drags? 300', running paddles as well? I am going mid sept to run on dirt 300' drags...Should be fun...I will be running paddles, they till the snot out of it till its like sand, just offers more traction than sand...

Yep 300'

I'm runnin Kenda Nomads.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/tbaker69/Quads/BlackBuilder008.jpg

Last month the starting line got so hard we were leaving black marks for about the length of the quad! Dunno what it'll be like this weekend. I'll take a few different set of tires just in case. I've got a ITP GNCC holeshots, a pair if Zippers, and a pair of Scat Trac Hauler paddles, along with the Nomads to choose from.

My bike;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/tbaker69/Quads/BlackBuilder011.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/tbaker69/Quads/BlackBuilder006.jpg

2nd place bike from last month. 1000cc Yamaha street bike powered. YZF or FZR or somethin like that. He was runnin Pro Wedge tire but they were wore some. I think the paddles on 'em were flexing to much.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/tbaker69/Quads/FZR1000Raptor1.jpg

Bugpac
08-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Ah, so its hardpack? This track and the one i been working on at my own place, is tilled, paddle tires pretty much are the only way to go, Even for a few seconds i had a lot of fun a few weeks ago.. Now im building a strip for my own use when i want...:DGot it broke in today, now more tilling more rock picking, I got to add another 100 ft of shutdown area tho, it will just be in grass tho, I got 400' or so worked up for the actual track itself, Now i need to build a timing system...:D

1stwarrior95
09-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Yep it's hardpack. They just stripped the grass off and made a track.

There's wasn't an "official" drag this weekend though... I guess the guy that was puttin the drags on got PO'ed and isn't gonna do it anymore. That's not all bad though. A couple friends and I were talkin to some of the other guys there and we are thinkin about setting up the track ourselves. One of the other guys has all the goodies for the track already, timing system, lights, barrels, fencing, announcer podium). All left over from the last track I guess.

We're thinkin about doin drags, and maybe barrel racin, and horseshoe racin too. Variety ya know! LOL