PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Pedal Stop

edride
12-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Where can I find a clutch pedal stop to go on a CNC Pedal set up?

Thanks

busasandrail
12-28-2007, 12:13 PM
I made my own out of a 3/16" piece of flat bar.....I have also seen a bolt and jam nut for a stop.

Gene
12-28-2007, 01:50 PM
You can use a longer bolt and two nuts to clamp it in the CNC mount. You may have to add some threads to the bolt since it will probably have too few to get it where it does any good.

HarveyMushman
01-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Hi Gene,

I made my own, also for CNC pedal set. *Pretty simple, plus I added a rubber stop. *Here is a pic.

Happy New Year,

Harv

HarveyMushman
01-01-2008, 10:11 PM
PS

Are there any threads on cracked busa clutch slave cylinder mount repair or reinforcement (primary sprocket chain guard slave mount). *I cracked mine I think from excess fluid pressure. *The pedal stop may help but I am thinking of adding a simple brace to support the force to the case mounting bolts. *But before I do maybe someone has done this already.

HarveyMushman
01-01-2008, 10:14 PM
PSS

I meant to reply to 'edride' and busasandrail and Gene'. *Happy New Year!

masterfabr
01-02-2008, 05:49 AM
There are severeal clutch slave supports on the market for the busa. Do a google for them.

Desertkarts
01-02-2008, 05:50 AM
Nice stop Harv! Great solution. Just as nice as your rocket stuff. Happy New Year.

masterfabr
01-02-2008, 05:58 AM
You may also want to dump the rubber bumper.It's gonna cause trouble.You need a positive stop to prevent more clutch headches. Just a stronger cover will not prevent overtravel issues and the resilient bumper will not give consistent travel.I guarentee you that in the "heat of the moment" you'll compress that bumper and overtravel the clutch slave cylinder. Doesn't take much.

HarveyMushman
01-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Thanks desertkarts and masterfabr, *I googled as you suggested and see there are lots of slave mount supports out there so I'll buy or make one. *I have the rubber/plastic stops in different hardnesses (shore). *They are actually polyurethane and range from a rubber like softness to a plastic like hardness. *The very hard urethane stops are very durable so I'll switch to one of those on my pedal stop setup.

masterfabr
01-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Sounds like the plan man!!! I know why you used the cushioned stop but a hard one will likely cure the problem. Also if you overtravel the cylinder with a slave support you will likely push the pushrod through the piston. Soooo don't overtravel it whatever you do. [smilie=biggrin.gif]

busasandrail
01-02-2008, 02:30 PM
edride,
Do you have upgraded clutch springs (Heavy Duty)? If so make sure you get the complete billet replacement cover, this cover better secures the clutch slave cylinder and doesnt flex like the cheap ones do. The cheap ones that only cover or cradle the cylinder will still flex under full depress and will fail over time (mine did at it was a a mess).

And if I recall right the maximum travel for the slave cylinder push rod is like 3mm total. You only need enough travel to disengage the clutch.

masterfabr
01-02-2008, 02:34 PM
I agree completely.