PDA

View Full Version : Hayabusa temp switch not closing to bring fan on???

bngcustoms
12-26-2007, 09:37 AM
I have a 2006 Hayabusa in a SSC. When I purchased the car, the radiator fan would not come on and it would start to blow antifreeze out the overflow tube. I noticed there was the stock temp switch to cycle the fan when needed. After bringing the engine to temp the switch wasn't closing using a ohm meter. I could jumper the switch plug to get the fan to run so this led me to think the temp switch was bad. I installed a new temp switch and the same thing. At running temp or little higher the blow off started to lift. So now I just run the fan all the time the engine is running. But I prefer to cycle the fan as needed and I was advised it might drain the battery even though I use a full size battery. Does anyone know at what temp the switch is supposed to close? The switch is located on the underside of the bottom tube if this means anything. Might not be in the right location??????????????? I notice it is in the radiator on the bike diagram from BikeBandit.com......

p.s. *I will try to get pic up soon. I really like this site by the way......

Gene
12-26-2007, 10:36 AM
There has been quite a bit of discussion on the switch and plumbing. [url=http://www.minibuggy.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=49982#49982:iyxg48is]Cick here[/url:iyxg48is].

This page should answer your question. On my car the fan switch is set to 195 and is on the radiator outlet, same as Derek's solution. As mentioned by Busasandrail an oil cooler and correctly rotating fan will help lower temps too