PDA

View Full Version : Lil Redline Fun Vid

AZ1600
12-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Here's a little vid we did messin with a Redline last weekend.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7385&hl=en (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7166540681956637385&hl=en)

hero_saku39
12-14-2007, 08:27 PM
I'd make a couple suggestions you can file directly in the trash if you wan't..............

wrong choice of music. *I like some old school beastie boys (I think that's who that was) but that was distracting and annoying to the point that I almost closed the tab about 6 seconds in before I decided to go ahead turn it down and invest my time watching the video.

Second........VERY IMPORTANT.......that video is very hard to watch with the 1 second clips crammed together. *You can't focus on the machine because every second it is changing locations on the screen. *I turned it off long before it was over because it was actually causing me physical pain trying to keep my eyes on and focussed on the buggy.

hero_saku39
12-14-2007, 08:28 PM
It does look like you have lots of video though, and lots of people would want to see long clips of the machine working as there is a lack of such video available.

K-fab
12-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Pretty cool. *Really good to see one of the cars in action. *Where was the video done? *Looks like a fun place. (I'd like to go play there with my Gen IV...)

The suspension looks like it works pretty well. *A little shock tuning and it will work even better. *From the short clips I see of it going through the whoops it appears to be a tad stiff on compression and then maybe a bit quick on rebound - especially in the rear. *Is there any way you can get a longer video of it running through the whoops?

How far into the travel does the car sit? *It looks as if it's near full droop. *That alone may be a lot of the bounce I'm seeing though the whoops.

I'd really like to see/help get one of those cars dialed in to see what sort of potential they have. *Keep the good stuff coming!

Thanks for sharing.

----- addition to above:

I would like to get my hands on a Redline and play with a few aspects just to see how nice this car could be made. *I got to crawl all over one and then see one other one after a rough weekend for the thing and there were a handful of simple things that would bring the vehicle's abilities up quite dramatically. *- abilities meaning durability, performance - just finishing out the package.

The single shear on just about every suspension bolt needs to be modified. *The upper front a-arm mounts need to be braced and tied together as they're about 4" long and just stick into the foot well and have no support for that dreaded side hit.

From what I saw with the two cars at ATV and then the couple I saw in the dunes and now this one on video, they sit way too high in the ride height. *Dropping them down from where they are to about 1/3 if not a full 1/2 way into the travel will make them stick to the ground like glue and probably corner a lot better.

The car seems to come from the factory at about 90% ready and complete. *That last 10% could probably make the little thing quite wicked and a lot more fun.

Please don't misunderstand, I'm not bashing on the vehicle at all, I'm just seeing a few minor things that could be changed to make the Revolt dramatically better. *There's always room for improvement on just about anything.

Next time I'm in Phoenix, if I have time, we should get together and work on tuning the suspension. *I have all the stuff needed and usually have it with me in my truck. *It would be a fun day of "working play".

hero_saku39
12-14-2007, 08:37 PM
ahhhh..........I watched it again and stuck it out till the end........I like that little thing. *Looked like fun.

Pacman
12-14-2007, 09:49 PM
Very cool......and what Richard said....it seems to sit way to high and is quite "bouncy" because of it.....and why.....why....why....why do people have this god awful desire to put "music" to their video's??????? [smilie=banghead.gif] *I put "music" in quotes because what briefly came out of my speakers before I muted it was anything but music...........ear bleeding, eye gouging, vomit inducing noise.....would be a far better description. Please....please...please....the best music that can accompany any video of a buggy is the sweet sound of a bellowing exhaust!!! *[smilie=boogie.gif]

renegadespec1
12-15-2007, 08:17 AM
Or maybe softer music in the background...under the exhaust...I don't mean soft like Barry manilow either...quieter...nice vid... and what K said [smilie=biggrin.gif]

DrakAttack
12-15-2007, 09:57 AM
I liked the ending of the video best. It really showed how well balanced the car is, and gave a good perspective of the suspension working.

KingSandCars
12-15-2007, 01:19 PM
I shut it off about 10 seconds into it...music and the very short clips gave me a headache (doesn't mean other's don't like that music). *After reading DrakAttack's post, I fast forwarded it to the end (about 3:15) and watched the suspension work rather well for such a short wheelbase car. *Always wanted to see how one of those worked. *Thanks for the video.

AZ1600
12-16-2007, 06:45 PM
A few comments, sorry if you have to reach for the mute button, but if I had left the ambient sound in you would have had to do the same, it was a windy day.
There is a little more decent video that we'll post once it's editied.
This is Redline's Demo car and we only had it for a little less then 2 hours.
But I do have a few impressions from it.
This car is out of the box stock except for the bead locks, these will however be available from Redline.
If you're looking for something to go smoke any of your quad buddies, this is it, and you feel safe.
For desert, trail, dunes, playing, etc, I wouldn't change anything other then getting the correct tires for the terrain. Set-up worked good for all around.
Those are really some decent whoops in the video, and we were at 60 mph for a while and then dropped to around 50 due to a small turn, and had never pre-ran that road before, so a 2nd pass would have been flat footed.
It did bounce some, never sideways or uncomfortable but it did bounce, my impression is we had too much air in the tires, but any atv tire that fast in those whoops will bounce.
It does have some body roll, but Redline has a sway-bar coming which will cure that.
Overall, I liked it, and would definetly use one for pre-running for my big car.
By the way, my wife loved it too...

sicksand
12-16-2007, 09:25 PM
I have seen one in person and I liked the way it looked.I thought the video showed that it was to high and the shocks could use a little tuning.I would like to see it on a track where there is alot of turns ,jumps,whoops etc...I would really like to see one run against a modified pilot on a track and see how they compare????

amergin
12-17-2007, 12:08 AM
Yeah lets see one trading paint, umm, plastic with K-fab's EEE. Not a bash, the fenders are plastic. The end of the video is good, can't handle the MTV style editing for the music section. Looks like the front wheels stuck to the ground like they should. As everyone else has pointed out the rear end needs a little work. Nice to see some action video of these, hope to see some more. Hope to see the price drop by at least 2k as well. Not holding my breath, at the current price they seem to be flying out of the Buggy World parking lot.

K-fab
12-17-2007, 06:35 AM
Hey Amergin, the cars are Briggs, not EEE's... * *[smilie=blink.gif]

amergin
12-17-2007, 11:47 AM
Duh... [smilie=banghead.gif] *I mean run against K-fab's Pro-ATV buggy. *[smilie=mhihi.gif] *[smilie=loser.gif] Sorry didn't mean to offend you.

Desertkarts
12-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Pretty cool. *Really good to see one of the cars in action. *Where was the video done? *Looks like a fun place. (I'd like to go play there with my Gen IV...)".

That area is right off the freeway, in Yuma, *when you are headed to the Buttercup from Phoenix. The off ramp is Fortuna where the big thermometer and clock are at Barney's gas station. Head South about two minutes. On the right just past the houses.

I think the rear could be fixed by taking 10 PSI off each of the rears one pass at a time. The rebound and spring lines could cross at a lower ride height. Then if the car still bucks at the lower ride height, do the valves and take a few pounds out of the tires.

zunooo
12-17-2007, 02:11 PM
Looks like a fun little vehicle. *[smilie=biggrin.gif] *How is the room in the cockpit? *I am 6'0" and pretty hefty and it looks like it might be a bit cramped for me.

Also a comment about the video; Good, but a bit busy. *Lighten up a bit on the edits and match them to some of the MX(music) changes and hits and it would be a bit smoother. *I get the same critisim when I edit sound FX for a picture. *They tell me less is more and keep them tasteful. *Just my 2 bits.

Cheers.

-Zunooo

bitsiphon
01-02-2008, 02:24 PM
I saw this video awhile back. I will post some vids of my Redline in the dunes as soon as I get my chase cam working. Too bust having fun in my Revolt to screw with it. I have almos 1000 miles on it now and only 2 issues.
Kfab my offer still stands let me know when you are in the Glamis or Phoenix area. As nice as the redline is in the desert it truly shines in the the Dunes.

Pacman
01-02-2008, 02:28 PM
I have almos 1000 miles on it now and only 2 issues.

So..........are you going to let us know what those 2 issues are???? [smilie=blink.gif]

bitsiphon
01-02-2008, 03:15 PM
I actually posted them in a different thread. Here is a quick synopsis though.
1)The brake line was routed in correctly on the left front. This causes a failure at the banjo fitting. This has been corrected at the factory and a bulletin has been issued.
2) The wiring harness above the regulator rubbed a small pin hole in the right angle fitting on the low pressure return line. I appear to be the only owner that has had this issue.

I am hoping that other Resdline owners start showing up here. This site is a wealth of information on how to do just about anything on a MC powered sand car.

AZ1600
02-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Here is a longer version of the MTV thing. It is NOT in that same format though.
It has music to cover up the wind noise but it's not very offensive, if you must, mute the sound.

Rumor has it that Redline and one of their dealers, RDO Equipment, (Yea the John Deere guys), are putting together an exibition at Glamis.

If anyone is interested I'll post the dates when they are ready.

Someone asked if they could fit in one at 6', I'm the one driving at the end of the video, and I'm 6'3". For a long ride, I would change a couple things for comfort, but I'm the same with my own race car too. Darn short co-drivers.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6515&hl=en (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4457838699552566515&hl=en)

Bullnerd
02-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Well it looks good with a girl putting around in a parking lot.
It looks ok going in a straight line through some semi rough whooops.
How does it turn?Is their any video of one really being driven hard ?
To me, it looks like it would flip very easily if driven like a stock pilot.(guarantee "K" would flip it)
I'm with K-fab ,lower it into the suspension travel,and i would even get some taller tires.
In the video the suspension hardly moved(drooped)when the tires left the ground.

I'm glad to see someone is really trying to produce a small buggy,but its kind of frustrating that it seems they don't do any research before doing so.

Want to see how to test it?look at the video of Colin McRae driving the rage buggy or the video of the hotbuggy.Anything less is a waste of time!

Had to get that off my chest.Of course this is all just my opinion. [smilie=mhihi.gif]

Gene
02-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Cool video! The end of it showed how capable the suspension is on this car. Honda Pilot gets a Phd!

AZ1600
03-04-2008, 10:27 PM
What about this new one?
We'll get video soon enough.
http://1redline.com/products/TS750/index.php

SandKid427
03-09-2008, 08:08 PM
very nice vid

Rorty
03-09-2008, 10:09 PM
It looks unstable. The ride height would not only tend to make it unstable on the flat (due to the high COG), but it would also tend to 'pogo' the car over if it didn't land perfectly level off a jump.

If the ride height was lowered, then the shocks wouldn't be trying to push the car up so far and it would behave a lot better upon landing. High ride heights are a dead giveaway the builder knows little about handling or geometry.

Still, with the size of engine it has, it shouldn't get anyone into too much trouble. It would be a different case if people started hopping the engines up or swapping them for something more powerful altogether.