PDA

View Full Version : handcontrols possible?

goblinking
12-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Earlier today I had qwestions to K-fab about his stadiumlites but didn't wanna feel like I was jackin his thread asking to many and could probably use everyones input on this. Instead of the foot pedals I may go with hand controls to save foot room but still be way compact like on some of the Rorty buggies I,ve seen but I can't figure out what ratio rack I may need for that. If I went that route would that work? And what ratio do you guys think I could use. He's not around rught now from what Ive read but I'm sure some one can give me some insight.Thanx again.

rail_newb
12-03-2007, 10:20 PM
i think the same ratio as a pillot would be a good idea. like if you turn a bit to the left the wheels follow the same degree of sweep that the steeering wheel gets.

dsrace
12-03-2007, 10:27 PM
I tried this with a pilot wheel. used a Latest rage end load rack ( 1 1/2 turns lock to lock ) with a 2 to 1 steering quickner and 3 1/2 " long steering arms. wound up with 1/2 turn lock to lock, felt a little too quick to me. thought this might give you some kind of referance point.

goblinking
12-03-2007, 10:31 PM
wouldn't a rack give me less feeback than not or is it mostly a geomotry thing? I had a fl250 and have driven both the 350 and pilot and of coarse they steer better than the 250 but your arms still can get a pump. Is it me or am i missing something?

goblinking
12-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Thanx dsrace, I quess I may have to do more research to get the feeling I'm looking for when the time comes and add in some serious adjustability features for tweekin. Or maybe a antibumpsteer set-up is the ticket like on some of the LT Pilots?

goblinking
12-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Thanx Rail might have to go with that. *[smilie=mhihi.gif] who knows.