PDA

View Full Version : Best dunes in central US

masterfabr
10-30-2007, 09:22 AM
Spec,Luke and myself just got back from Syracuse Sand Park in Syracuse,KS. *THey just opened this 4th of July and IMO they are now the best kept secret in the US. THe dunes offer sand and desert terrain all in one location. Full size buggies have room to "let er rip" and the quad/bike riders will be delighted! Much better than Little Sahara,Oklahoma. *I can't speak highly enough about the poeple or the dunes.Give them a try!!!!

amergin
10-30-2007, 10:35 AM
Are these the same place?

http://www.syracusesandpark.com/

and

http://www.syracusesanddunes.com/index.htm

EDIT: Nevermind, both sites are for the same place.

Also, http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_guide_syracuse.htm

[url=http://www.wunderground.com/US/KS/Syracuse.html?bannertypeclick=infobox:1s3v027f]http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/infobox/language/www/US/KS/Syracuse.gif[/url:1s3v027f]

masterfabr
10-30-2007, 11:08 AM
That would be them.I know they don't compare to Glamis and such but for this part of the US they will be very hard to beat.

amergin
10-30-2007, 11:20 AM
I think the towns around Glamis should take a note from Syracuse's page. Syracuse is looking forward to evil off-roaders spending money in their town. Off-road friendly town with their own sand park. Sounds like a winner to me.

masterfabr
10-30-2007, 11:25 AM
The place has a lot of potential.They have an option to get another parcel of land that will add approx .another 50% area.That would be 2000 acres.Compared to the BIG dune areas that may not be much but for central US it can't be beat! Not much of a town but the people are fantastic to deal with!

renegadespec1
10-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Yup,
the park is awesome ...Even tho my hunk of shit sat on the trailer all week end and my poor ol' hunk of crap jeep was the one getting used...I will say that CVT'S in the sand suck big time effin' poo...
especially when you drive accidenty into a witches eye [smilie=banghead.gif] The people of SYRACUSE have gotten the people from WYNOKA beat all to hell [smilie=bow.gif] as far as helpfull courteous and friendly... REALLY NICE PEOPLE...Got some pix. but not all came out camera got bounced atound in the floor pan of my buggy [smilie=blush.gif]

renegadespec1
10-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Here's some pix

renegadespec1
10-30-2007, 11:45 AM
More pix

renegadespec1
10-30-2007, 11:53 AM
This is how my wootering wooter hole hunk of wooter spent most of week end...effen cluthcing, broken parts...guess I should't have launched it so hard and landed on a flat road [smilie=smackbottom.gif] *Hey, I can spell wooter [smilie=poked.gif] (that's just for you rusty), Gotta bail will post more pix when I get some time

yoshi
10-30-2007, 12:49 PM
lol,..that last pic of luke knealing down beside his front rim, I believe he was talking to me on the phone right then, he said he was beating the hub on the front wheel...

K-fab
10-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Great to hear that there's another place to play in the sand.

Where is it in relationship to Little Sahara? * LS is right at 14 hours from me, so if Syracuse is east then it's closer and sounds like some place my buddies and I need to check out. - I need to get in a bit of dune riding before Feb - darn leg... *Wonder what the weather will be like near the end of Nov?

renegadespec1
10-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Yoshi,
Yup, he was talking to your sister [smilie=lmao.gif] I'm still working on the BLACK MALE pix. [smilie=icon_bolt.gif]
K, It's in the south west corner of kansas It's worth the drive...Might be a resort started in the near future [smilie=ph34r.gif]

masterfabr
10-30-2007, 03:51 PM
It's probably about the same travel time.Located about 2 hours north but also about 2 hours further west.You got mapquest?Syracuse,Ks [smilie=banghead.gif] [smilie=biggrin.gif]

yoshi
10-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Yoshi,
Yup, he was talking to your sister [smilie=lmao.gif] I'm still working on the BLACK MALE pix. [smilie=icon_bolt.gif]
K, It's in the south west corner of kansas It's worth the drive...Might be a resort started in the near future [smilie=ph34r.gif]He was talking to my "hot" sister, make sure you say it right...[smilie=biggrin.gif]

boilermaker
10-30-2007, 07:02 PM
I don't understand everything i know about computers. When i first looked at this post i couldn't see any picturs, so i checked my blockers, that wasn't the problem, so i checked to see if anything had changed in my preferences on here and that was ok then the third time i looked at this post, there thay were. I just don't know, but there here now......

K-fab
10-30-2007, 07:29 PM
That would be them.I know they don't compare to Glamis and such but for this part of the US they will be very hard to beat.While LS may not have the vastness of the Imperial Sand Dunes (Glamis) - or the height, the place is a blast on a bike or in a car. *I enjoy it almost as much as I do Glamis. *It offers a large amount of terrain and you can find some absolutely killer jumping areas there. - Just ask Yoshi. *I'll not ever knock LS.

The place has a lot of potential.They have an option to get another parcel of land that will add approx .another 50% area.That would be 2000 acres.Compared to the BIG dune areas that may not be much but for central US it can't be beat! Not much of a town but the people are fantastic to deal with!From what you guys are saying, if this place is better than Little Sahara then, IMO, that says a lot. * [smilie=ext_beer2.gif] *[smilie=bow.gif]

It's really cool that the locals are into it also. *Places that embrace the off road community get just as much back from the off roaders - we're a good group, just don't get a fair shake at times. *Look at Hatfield-McCoy and how much the communities in the HM area have benefited from the work they've done making place for people to go play in the dirt.

Man I wanna ride! *[smilie=cry.gif]

renegadespec1
10-31-2007, 06:43 AM
K,
there is places to launch off of almost every where you look...
Awesome desrt trails for miles with mixed sand and sage brush...only with no rocks to mash tires and wheels, I got a couple of minutes to post some more pix...so here goes...
Oh yeah sorry yoshi your HOT sister

renegadespec1
10-31-2007, 07:05 AM
I effed up, the 1st pic was of a dune/hill that I thought would be a great launch here's the launch face

renegadespec1
10-31-2007, 07:07 AM
I know that some of these pix don't show what I mean for them too but bear with me *I'll get better at this.

renegadespec1
10-31-2007, 07:17 AM
more pix

renegadespec1
10-31-2007, 07:20 AM
The terrain here changes from one hill top to the next... evry time you ride it it's a new experiance at each hill top...I think you'll never see it all in one week end [smilie=dancing.gif]

K-fab
10-31-2007, 02:55 PM
The place looks cool.

I will make it a priority to check the place out.

Thanks for the pix.

Ecoli_happens
10-31-2007, 03:21 PM
Well, I learned one thing in this thread, I have masterfabr beat in one area.....

http://bestsmileys.com/music1/22.gifMy hair is longer than yours [smilie=icon_razz2.gif]

masterfabr
10-31-2007, 03:40 PM
Well,maybe it's cause I'm old and it all fell out! *[smilie=mhihi.gif] It used to reach my a$$ now it barely reaches mid back. Anyway I'm still a fricken nut on a quad and few will rival me in the cars.Older(and more cunning) or not!LOL!!!!! [smilie=bow.gif]

Reflex
10-31-2007, 05:30 PM
Whats with the 2nd rollcage inside the buggy?

masterfabr
10-31-2007, 05:38 PM
He had to put larger in it(it's his stock buggy) to run Bonneville.It went 118. something. Bonny thinks (and so do I)that 1.25 is insufficient.

renegadespec1
10-31-2007, 09:30 PM
Yup,
1 5/8" tube they figured LUKE would crash it [smilie=mhihi.gif] It has double body panels too...
They figured LUKE would light his plumbers crack up too [smilie=evilgrin.gif] ......
I'll keep the photo's secret [smilie=ext_secret.gif] for a new no miles BUSA [smilie=ext_shutup.gif] *[smilie=ext_tease.gif]

Luke
11-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Master:
“He had to put larger in it(it's his stock buggy) to run Bonneville.It went 118. something. Bonny thinks (and so do I)that 1.25 is insufficient.” *

1.25 is way insufficient for a car that is built to the 300mph rules. (as is our race car) *But in a sand/desert toy application the tube we use (1.25 x .095 wall 4130) for the speeds and forces involved leaves room for a good safety margin.

As far as the rules at Bonneville go most come down from SFI the rest are derived from years of practical experience. *At no time was I told that anyone thought that the car’s I build are “insufficient” by any means for their intended use. *But rather that to run at Bonneville in the class that my car would fit into you need to have cretin safety things in place like the 1 5/8”cage, dual fire systems, a parachute ext. ext.

I’ve attached a concept sketch of a “safer” dunning vehicle. *There were a few compromises that had to be made in the fun department, fuel consumption and ability to ride the whoops. *but boy is she safe!!!!!!!!!!!..........lol

Luke

renegadespec1
11-02-2007, 07:13 AM
Here's a short clip of master in Lukes car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pOYbPn04co

renegadespec1
11-02-2007, 07:15 AM
I got one of some VW rails they seem to pretty popular there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEZcePEDIVA

masterfabr
11-02-2007, 07:33 AM
Here's a short clip of master in Lukes car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pOYbPn04coLOL! I might as well have been parked by the looks of that vid! Too bad you didn't get what happened on the other side of that rise. *[smilie=mhihi.gif]

renegadespec1
11-07-2007, 05:33 AM
....... [smilie=haha.gif] *[smilie=moon.gif] *[smilie=tr_sorry.gif]

masterfabr
11-07-2007, 06:54 AM
I didn't know Luke was a plumber by trade! Judging by the size of that plumbers crack he must be successful tho! LOL!!!!!!!

Pacman
11-07-2007, 08:40 AM
....... [smilie=haha.gif] *[smilie=moon.gif] *[smilie=tr_sorry.gif]

I'm blinded I tell ya.....blinded!!! [smilie=puke.gif]

yoshi
11-07-2007, 08:52 AM

yoshi
11-07-2007, 08:56 AM
I got one of some VW rails they seem to pretty popular there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEZcePEDIVAwhy didn't you post the video of the local top dawg?...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd3eI2dKpww

Pacman
11-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Much better......... [smilie=icon_bolt.gif]

masterfabr
11-07-2007, 09:00 AM
[smilie=loser.gif] *[smilie=mhihi.gif] Wrong color! Local top dawg is a 5 seat blue LT.

yoshi
11-07-2007, 09:02 AM
[smilie=loser.gif] *[smilie=mhihi.gif] Wrong color! Local top dawg is a 5 seat blue LT.Lemme guess, his name is Gary?

masterfabr
11-07-2007, 09:09 AM
Truthfully,I talked to so many new people that I don't know for sure but he owns an oilfield service company.

masterfabr
11-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Oh my God that's funny, holly cow....That white boy DESERVES to be called "crack"er! [smilie=mhihi.gif] *[smilie=biggrin.gif]

Bullnerd
11-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Yoshi ,thats scary that you know how to do that so good. [smilie=mhihi.gif]

renegadespec1
11-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Actually Yoshi I never saw the buggy move, Master talked to the guy, I was in town working on some business [smilie=ninja.gif]
I wasn't gonna post it but it was just way too funny not to...

I got one more.....

hangover.....
In jammies...
Evil little bastard spec. [smilie=ninja.gif] *[smilie=drool.gif]

renegadespec1
12-10-2007, 01:23 PM
[smilie=ninja.gif]

hero_saku39
12-10-2007, 07:07 PM
[smilie=dunno.gif]

renegadespec1
12-13-2007, 10:48 AM
[smilie=ninja.gif] *[smilie=dunno.gif] *[smilie=big_explode.gif] Back in front of city council...next month [smilie=evilmad.gif] Can't say more yet...but get ready for the loose cannon [smilie=gun_chair.gif]

renegadespec1
12-13-2007, 09:50 PM
SCREW THAT...syracuse...what an EFFEN TOILET...Here's the real story...Master and luke can attest to this...I made plans to meet with the people who are supposedly promoting the so called park.....I made reservations at the ROACH TRAP HOTEL in town...and told the stupid @@@@ on the phone that we would be coming in early...prolly 9 to 10 in the morning...and would hve been up since 4 am the day before( working all day and driving 15 hours) yes we got there at a little after 9 am.Wanna know what time we got into our rooms.......After Luke and I stood in the lobby with some stupid effen dog humping our legs...and the quite large woman ...bigger than BUSA BLING who couldn't get off the phone ( a personal call) for over half an hour...10 minutes to effen 5:00 pm...I guess we should have pro rated the room pay to fit the time frame...more tomarrow...I'm too effen mad to pound on the keyboard any more tonight...SYRACUSE KISS MY DONKEY...AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PRIVATE DAY PARK...

renegadespec1
12-14-2007, 03:59 AM
When I couldn't conceivable ask Barb to stay awake any longer I went to said BUSA BLING...hey it's almost 5 effen oclock...smart wooter says to me it's only 4...syracuse is right on the time change line...
In the mean time...Luke and I, barb too..are gonna head to the dunes...well marked signs...Try some tee pee type signs...one on the ground if a car was going by you wouldn't see it and one on the side of a building...I thought was grafitti until I looked at it closer...once out side of town they did have a large sign at the parking lot...BUT now the dune enterance was another story...It could have been that we were up for 30 hours...but i/we didn't see the little hand painted signs about 30 to 50 feet off the road on the 2 small trails that lead to the entrance of the park...so we went prolly 2 miles down this winding dirt road...until I saw some people working with some horses...my buggy is pretty...not so good with horses...2 stroke...so we stopped and discussed where in heck is the park...and manually turned the buggies around...neither of us have reverse...as we're gettind ready to head back to the parking lot a guy comes galloping his horse aross the pasture...OMG It was the MARLBORO MAN side arm and winchester too...very nice man...I mean very ,very nice...freindly helpfull and polite...When we do find the park...I was telling jenny who is the park manager about getting lost and meeting the marlboro man...That the guy who hates the park and the buggies...coulda fooled me...I thought the guy was very nice...By now it's noon, little after...Barb haddn't peed since gassing up last at 6ish in garden city...
Here's where thing went south real fast...1st row of porto pots...had all been tipped and NOBODY had rinsed them out...turds on the walls and all or even changed the tp...Good way to run things...so we drive to the next set of them...same thing...turds on the floor...so we load every thing back up and head to town to see if we can get into our rooms...of course not...so we went to the diner that was in the parking lot to the roach trap hotel...The ONLY *and I MEAN ONLY THING GOOD there was the cutie pie waitress with a really nice set of knockers...and Luke flirting with her...he alsmost had her posing on the hood of his buggy...hats off to ya man! I bet your wondering about the food huh? Cheeseburger, fries and onion rings...11bux...cheeseburger greasy...overdone and prollyweighed 1 1/2 ounce before cooking...fries...If you like limp/soggy fries sitting in a puddle of oil they were great...If you think that 5 onion rings that were the size of(put your index finger and your thumb together) for 2.75is a good deal they were great too...more later...I feel a pissy fit coming on

renegadespec1
12-14-2007, 04:24 AM
So we finally get into our rooms...OMG Barb aint gonna stay there...after a small shouting match in the parking lot...(just kidding) but close..I convince her that an hour and something back to garden city to a hotel there is not a good idea...There was somebody elses hair in the sink...something funky on the toilet seat...the tub/shower was cracked and falling apart...I tapped on it to see if bugs would fall out [smilie=banghead.gif] OK I'm a smoker...NO NOT DOPE...but the room smelled like an ashtry that somebody barfed in...So I wander back to the park after taking some pix of Luke in the parking lot [smilie=mhihi.gif] Tried to get some straight answers fromthe powers that be...I spent some time on the phone before we decided to go and check this place out...I met some nice visitors of the park...discovering that the city doesn't have the money to improve *the poor amenities...Thats why I went,
I wanted to build a resort that was next to the park..pull thru RV slots,Food...GOOD FOOD...shop and a small truck farm...with an average patron turn out of 150 per week Barb and I would have to have jobs to do this...Thats fine...alright back to the hotel to tip over...

renegadespec1
12-14-2007, 05:21 AM
I think fabr showed up about 11pm...so we hopped into my crappy brown jeep and headed back out to the dunes, met back up with Luke and played with lukes buggy for a while and froze our butts off,WINDY AS HELL..I was kinda awestruck watching the dunes do what dunes do...Sand drifts like snow only you can't really watch a snow drift grow... back to town for the night...up bright and early...re clutching Barb's buggy...and I notice it...the parking lot is riddled with spent ammo cartiges...I don't mean one or 2 but hundreds...it was like the place was a minni iraq...Hey with brass at the price it is i picked up a freezer bag full...We go to get some food at a different place...one off the main drag closest to the hotel...13bux for you guessed it cheeseburger/fries and 5 onion rings, and a mountain dew with NO ice...Food comessame deal on the 1 1/2 ounce burger...Fries were ok onion rings...you get tice as much for a buck on the dollar menu from burgerking...and a glass full if ice with a splash of pop to give it color...notice I didn't call it mountain dew I dunno what the eff it was But mountain dew it was not...it tasted like carbonated chlorine...and looked like pee...more yellow than green [smilie=giddy.gif] so off to the dunes...Pull into the parking lot and hey...there are smoldering fire from the night before in the parking lot...And what do most people use on these when theres not much wood around?

If you guessed old pallets full of nails..................DING DING DING...YOU GET THE PRIZE...
fabr and I spent most of the day scmoozing the locals and trying to get some straight answers, so we could tell if this was going to be a good place to build a resort...if it had the potential to grow and support a business...about 4 trips back to town to pee later...mind you I gotta load up the buggy hook up the trailer each time...What an effen pain in the wooter...The BBQ they put on I dunno...lets just say they tried...But hey IT'S ALL VOULENTEERS...AND THEY'RE DOING THE BEST THEY CAN...I figured out recently and is part of the reason for this posting...this clown thinks the stuff he served was worth 5 bux with a small bag of chips...I fed mine to the neighbors dog when I got home... when she was done she licked her poopchute and growled at me [smilie=mhihi.gif]

renegadespec1
12-14-2007, 05:53 AM
So we're back in town...I got some of my cook off winning chili (not bragging, I have the ribbons to prove it) cooking in a crock pot under the ONE light in our hotel room...So we run down to the drive in looking place by the grocery store(they didn't have ground cumin [smilie=ashamed.gif] )
to grab a bite...same order...cheeseburger fries and onion rings...not as bad as the first 2 9bux, but same burger1 1/2 oz. before cooking...fries were pretty good...and hey I got 6 onion rings this time and they were cut thick...like they are supposed to be...I heard bad things about this place but it was better than the other 2...
Fabr, and wife get back and have some chili and I feed Gail a whole jar of my pickled Jalapeno's I had brought [smilie=mhihi.gif]That was the best meal of the trip...

Andy_1972
12-14-2007, 06:01 AM
I don't suppose you'd let us in on this chili recipe would you?

renegadespec1
12-14-2007, 06:38 AM
Allright...so whats up with the cheese burgers fries and onion rings...In my countless hours of research over the last few MONTHS I found the americans consume more of this as a fast food than any thing else.
and I was seeing if the towns foodies, would be worth the trip back to town from the dunes or would the food shack be able to keep the people at the dunes to eat and have fun....I'd just like to add as the beef capitol the hambugers were lacking

Secondly,
I would not reccomend the hotel in town...Hey at least they didn't steal Barb's jammies

I spent a goodly amount of money and way too many hours working on a deal, because I was told by the Kansas SBA they would give land to business's to build there...ya, right...do your research, c'mon down and we won't even sell ya the land at a resonable price...
Am I pissed Ya...thats why I keep stepping away from the keypad...
I've been dinking around with this deal since the beginning of october...full time I have drawn up several business plans...worked around the lack of people coming thru each week...Done the research so the dunes would not be the only income...sent them to the board people only to hear oh, I didn't see that on there..... WHY..... cuz you didn't EFFEN read it...
City owned park=tax payers money...Whine cuz your outta money...when a person comes to you with a well thought out...VIABLE business plan...That benifits the park...and says hey I need 20 acres of land so I can do this...you guys risk NOTHING...If I go broke trying to do this...and it is a looming chance...you get the land back...so you risk 2000 bux...I risk $150,000 and my time so I can have the dunes in my back yard...with a turn out of 150 people per week...we have to find full time jobs down there...
I have been called greedy by the People there...let me ask you how is that greedy...

renegadespec1
12-14-2007, 06:48 AM
I don't suppose you'd let us in on this chili recipe would you?
I could...but I grow all of the ingridents in my garden except the black pepper and cumin...c'mon up and I give ya a bowl...
Maybe we should try to do a dog days again...we still have the BANNER...

renegadespec1
12-14-2007, 07:04 AM
After further chasing around...long distance calls I finally get to talk to the top person...and discover that the park doesn't even have a real business plan...they are using Waynoka (little sahra) as a guide line for their projections [smilie=shocker.gif] ANY 9th grade business class student will tell you that is a plan to fail
But hey, that's their plan and their gonna stick to it...
would I go there to ride the dunes...only if I lived 1/2 hour away...as most of it's patrons do...would I drive a bunch of hours, and bring the family...only if you got a self contained RV. or if you like to see your kids getting some strangers poop on them...
They do have free camping though...and will have some bathrooms soon [smilie=strokin.gif]
Would I reccomend it to anybody that has to travel a long ways.......
NO....
Duners....would be much better off...at glamis/little sahra/beaver...or what ever
It's a day park...

turbotexas
12-14-2007, 10:42 AM
I am sorry your big city plans didn't work out in smalltown USA!!!

renegadespec1
12-14-2007, 10:49 AM
Big city Plans *[smilie=rofl.gif] *[smilie=lmao.gif] I live in a town with 2 gas stations and 3 churches and 1 bar...population of 1700 i think...Big city *[smilie=rofl.gif] *[smilie=lmao.gif]

masterfabr
12-14-2007, 10:54 AM
They weren't big city plans in the least.It was a perfectly sized proposal with room to grow as needed.It also was a win/win/win plan for the city/dunes/spec.It is sad to see a narrowminded mine mine mine attitude that will hinder the long term survival of syracuse sand park. as anything other than a place for the locals to enjoy.I do wish them well.I for one will not return until and IF the basic amenities are in place.

Pacman
12-14-2007, 11:20 AM
You know what the sad part is....I bet within the next year some local....maybe a board member will "come up" with this "same idea" and open just such a place....small towns can be tight knit places.......they don't like "outsiders" coming in to tell them how to do things... [smilie=strokin.gif]

renegadespec1
12-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Pac man,
I had the same thing happen in waynoka, 4 months ago...that was my 1st choice...syracuse was a back up...but the crap in waynoka prolly saved me half a million dollrs...About the time I had the land aquasition hammered to a semi reasonable amount... 120 acres right next to power sports came up for auction...and the water there is all bad... trying to work a deal with the city to get water... and my business plan got passed around to all the good ol' boys...only I'm pretty sure power sports trumped them [smilie=bow.gif]

turbotexas
12-14-2007, 12:02 PM
small towns can be tight knit places.......they don't like "outsiders" coming in to tell them how to do things... [smilie=strokin.gif]

That was my point...

Andy_1972
12-14-2007, 05:10 PM
YEAH....keep your fancy dancy book lernin' and sope to yerself! They just don't want you breaking ground and finding Hoffa.

renegadespec1
12-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Ya thats funny...
Ya know their standard response to every thing is this...we are doing the best we can and we all are volenteers be patient...They want to put something together for events..I went to some members here to get some input for a desert course...the pro's...I was willing to donate my time and effort to promotion...but the mine mentality and the never get a straight answer...AND the mealy mouthed crap I put up with...People here that know me have been just shaking their heads for the last couple of weeks wondering when I was just gonna blow a gaskget...and the fact that no body down there woul be honest enouph to come out and say that there was no business plan instead of saying well we have plans for that...we have plans for that...Had I been told upfront...There was no business plan I would just walked away and never wasted the 1000 bux to drive down there...or the last months effin around with reworking business plans to run practically on thin air...for instance a vendors row...huh? are you high was my response...you want venders to come in and compete for a peice of amarket when you have 150 people a week on average coming thru here...What are you effen high...(i didn't actually say it but I thought it)this was such a total waste of my time and effort...

hero_saku39
12-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Where are you now spec? *Did you come home today or are you at Wes's?

renegadespec1
12-14-2007, 09:36 PM
Hero I'm home ...MNAT MY PHONE

hero_saku39
12-14-2007, 09:50 PM
what is MNAT

renegadespec1
12-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Hey wanna funny story...I was just asked on another site to quit bashing SYRACUSE...WHY have they quit bashing me?...after all Im greedy..and all I wanted wasto bilk the town for lots and lots of money [smilie=mhihi.gif] Dude quit lurking...whatsamatta..with peoples honest opinions...

renegadespec1
12-14-2007, 09:52 PM
im at

hero_saku39
12-14-2007, 10:35 PM
gotcha.......I'll give you a call tommorrow........while I'm being snowed in! [smilie=strokin.gif] Ya I know, you MN guys don't get out of bed for less than 24"....... *I didn't know if you were gonna stick around for another day so you could drive home through the snow. [smilie=icon_bolt.gif]

renegadespec1
12-15-2007, 05:37 AM
Here's a pm from anther site... this is funny...
To: renegadespec
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:35 pm
Subject: Re: Thanks *
If you are truely done with syracuse quit bashing them on your home site..... I understand why you are up set, but its not a reason to discourage other "courious" people.......

renegadespec1
12-15-2007, 05:50 AM
I don't really want to give out their site but heres an example of the double talk I got there
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:48 pm * *Post subject: * *

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was not impressed with the nasty facilitys etc...Seems like someones offering a handout, they would take it....I will never go back, and it took 18 hrs...wynoka is closer and far more pleasant for the mrs and the kids....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is fine..... The Syracuse Sand Dunes does not want to become as large, or have the Party Atmosphere that Waynoka OK has. Syracuse wants to attract the families from surrounding states that prefer the closer location and future of the Syracuse Sand Dunes. I would not drive 18 hours to Waynoka, and I would not drive 18 hours to Syracuse either. Why can’t everyone be happy with the effort that has been put forward on a limited budget with the help of volunteers? Get over yourself and give Syracuse some time to develop

P.S. I hope your kids are old enough to ride. From what i hear, the State of Oklahoma is cracking down on children riding with their parents on quads or riding them when they dont meet the requirements set by the manufactures of quads.
this one is classic [smilie=blush.gif] FAMILY ATMOSPHERE [smilie=rofl.gif] *[smilie=lmao.gif]

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:06 pm * *Post subject: * *

I guess the old ways of campin just aren't no more. No more hittin the john in a bush or cookin over a fire. Everyone has to have a/c, video games, and watchin tv at the sand dunes. Some of the best times I everhad duning was settin by the campfire, beer in hand, and just plain old ruffin it.
Whats the sport going to become in 20-50years when the worlds resources run out and we are duning on horseback. Surely everyone isn't gonna quit sand duning are they?

I really feel sorry for those who think they have to have electricity, and running water, and modern pluming to take your little winlke.

I guess what I am saying is that I couldn't make my self pass up a dune trip to try out a new park just because I cant go 2 days without a shower.
Some of the best food I have ever eatin has been at Loris Diner there in Syracuse. I think it is worth parkin the quads for 45min, and jumpin in the pickup and driving the whole 1 mile to get to it. Who needs a food stand at the sanddunes. Waynoka? Glamis? St.Anthonys? Not a single one has it.

poopydrawers
12-21-2007, 03:12 PM
I was just at Syracuse on Dec. 20th.. * for all you effen riders out there, this park is one big effen blast. *The sand was fine. *The temp was 60 degrees. *4 sand rails blew past me and were having a blast.

I never had anything more fun between my legs. *My 350 Y was awesome and the park was everything people told me. *Bigger hills than betsy's boobs. *Steeper drops than flushing a toilet.

1500 acres and only 20 people at the park. *This park is totally great.

poopydrawers
12-21-2007, 03:23 PM
just to let you effen honkers know I had the best effen ride of my life. *All I had to do was fart and I would fly over the hills. *The sand was so fine, the prairie dogs were out on 4 wheelers! *

We had 1500 acres to blast through. *Open sand, trails, and effen hills.

The old lady love it. *She wants to go back just to rough it by putting her can on a cold porta potty!

Hey, *any of you all need to check out this park... *and quit listening to the all the effen crap that these whiney babies can't handle.

renegadespec1
12-21-2007, 08:17 PM
well poopydrawers,
you can take your lies and private sandbox...or should I say litterbox...lets see ...I'm not banned from your site...

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:19 am * *Post subject: * *

I am also concerned what would happen if an outsider got the park and didn't care about local buisness, lets hope this don't happen.

Back to top * *

cjkranz

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:22 am * *Post subject: * *

are there any local businesses that are interested in doing anything at the park in terms of a shop?
DuneTuned Performance

Back to top * *

Z_A_C_H_2005

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:11 am * *Post subject: * *

There are a lots of businesses that have shown an interested in selling parts and necessities at the park, although none of them want to build a shop at the park. Why...... because they already have a shop in town...... and its not more than a 2 minute drive…

Back to top * *

cjkranz

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:41 am * *Post subject: * *

Are any of the shops in town an atv/buggy specialty shop? Just wondering if there was a specialty shop that could go in at the dunes and not take business away from in town.
DuneTuned Performance

Back to top * *

ksfiretech

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:05 am * *Post subject: * *

As of right now there is no ATV/buggy shop in town. There is a few businesses in town that do some stuff. Triple M Repair does repairs on ATV/Dune Buggies, Englert Offroad does repairs(paint etc.), Radio Shack has some ATV's, motorcycles and helmets, and Triple D Auto Parts has parts and accesories for sand rails. There also is Bowman Engineering, he works on all VW. The CO-OP gas station is looking into selling rims and tires. Those are the ones that I can think of right know. I hope that helps awnser your question.

Back to top * *

chuck44l

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:36 am * *Post subject: * *

Im not from Syracuse but i have plans to have a few buggies for sale in the near future and will prob work it with a Syracuse local.

or am I?
your words speak really loud to the rest of us...

renegadespec1
12-21-2007, 08:31 PM
Hey 6,
www.syracusesanddunes.com (http://www.syracusesanddunes.com)
You can get a good look at what we don't build here...and why we won't ride there...want some more of the truth...
truth is '''you want the people of KANSAS to pay for your private play ground... You don't want any outsiders hornin in on your little litter box...Whether or not they mean well...and wanted what was best for the dunes...truth is 75% sage brush...25% dunes and not real big ones either...poopy...too bad my cat is named poopy...go back to poopin on the sage brush ...and thanks for re-opening this thread...I didn't want it to get old but...

suicidaltendencies
12-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Just went to that syra@@@@dunes.com site.

WOW!!!! What a bunch of junk that looks like! *The Trail in my avatar is more open than those "dunes"! *I thought that dunes were generally primarily sand, with a little dune grass here and there.

If that is what they want to call dunes, I just hope that they never make it out of their sleepy little towns to find out that they have been vastly misdirected on what a dune is. *[smilie=alright.gif]
If i built a dune vehicle just to find out that is all I have to ride on....I think the saying for that is........I be madder than a keebler elf demoted to fudge packer!!! *[smilie=boogie.gif] *[smilie=rofl.gif]

turbotexas
12-21-2007, 09:56 PM
It appears you have worn out your welcome in Kansas??? People in that part of the country are not going to let some carpetbagger come into town and set up shop and bilk the local economy... Your generally poor disposition and attitude isn't winning any friends and makes you look petty...
just my point of view... Been there seen all this before...
I had a Custom Saddle Shop in a real Small town in Texas that was swallowed up by San Antonio... Before you know it I was priced out of Business because People like you thought you could throw some money around and get what you want??? Well they got done what they set out to do, Several of the Locals put up a hell of a fight though!!! Surburbia sucks!!!
I too am looking forward to pooping in the wilderness in Kansas!!!

K-fab
12-21-2007, 10:02 PM
I was just at Syracuse on Dec. 20th..<snip>
just to let you effen <snip>Poopydrawers there is a problem here. *This site's not into having posts like these and the language is over the edge. *There is no need for it.

Please clean it up in your next posts.

I WILL edit your posts if you continue to carry on in this manner.

Consider this your fair and only warning on this matter.

Thanks,
K-fab

renegadespec1
12-22-2007, 07:18 PM
TurboDoorKnob,
Your post both interested me and disturbed me...
your videos...flat out threaten a member here...
I guess that flat out means your done...I read your post...3 times...and cannot believe you could possibly be as completely as stupid as you sound...but then again you post videos of your stickers....Man where can I get some stickers so I can be as cool as you...Carpet bagger...what a dumb thing to say to somebody from a smaller town than you are from...I can't help it that your IQ is less than 70...I can't help it that father's day is really confusing in your house hold...I didn't have anything to do with the fact that your sheep call you * DAAAAADDDDDDDY...
I guess that you should take your chiwawa (yo chiro taco bell)lookin...dune poopin behind and get yer non sopin/book lernin/inbred self back to takin videos of your stickers..and leave the grown up stuff to the adults here...( MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHECK YOUR TIE ROD LENGTH...SEE IF THEY ARE GOING OVER CENTER)...OR YOU COULD PUT A COOL STICKER ON IT [smilie=loser.gif]

turbotexas
12-22-2007, 07:24 PM
jeckle and hyde??? [smilie=loser.gif]

As qouted above...
Your generally poor disposition and attitude isn't winning any friends and makes you look petty...
just my point of view...

renegadespec1
12-22-2007, 07:54 PM
With friends like you... who needs enemies...
here If you didn't under stand what I posted before
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6GMV8itfQ0
You have said stuff in the past that just is not right ..
take a longer car over a double backwards... I let it go...I talked with some people...giving you the benefit of the doubt...If you had half the brains you think you do...I'll bet you get to talk a lot of stuff haulin your oddy on the back of your rig...Your in waters that are way over your head...I hope you can swim...Dog days is when you can make it up here...lots of deep dark nights...rivers and bogs...and some wolves too...

Kludge
12-22-2007, 08:16 PM
I've locked this thread until it can be cleaned up.

/Frank