PDA

View Full Version : yamaha relay box

fz1mini
10-12-2007, 01:19 AM
on my yamaha 03 fz1 engine harness there is a relay box that all the safety switches were wired into-the kick stand switch,clutch lever switch,neutral switch.the starter solonoid is wired to it but i can direct wire it.there are 3 wires going to cdi box.i would like to eliminate this box.i have a hunch r1 engine in simular.any body been there done that?

K-fab
10-12-2007, 08:29 AM
kick stand and clutch switch - Figure out if they are normally open or normally closed. *(clutch - n/o - you have to close it when you pull the clutch) - so wire it directly closed. *Jump that at the point where the relay is. *Relay has a ground, power (you won't need these) and then the activation lead and the output. *So if the clutch switch closes when you pull in the clutch and activates the relay - that would complete the circuit. *So take the lead that goes into the relay, from the clutch switch to activate the relay and jump it directly to the output.

Same thing for the kick stand. * Just figure out which switch does what.

I have an R1 wire diagram floating around somewhere - if you've not figured it out by Monday, let me know and I'll dig it up and see what we can figure out.

plkracer
10-12-2007, 10:37 AM
You you wire the clutch switch closed all the time, you may lower the rev limit. Some bike drop it when in neutral or when the clutch is pulled in.

fz1mini
11-01-2007, 02:44 AM
relay box is gone-all the safety switchs were wired to it .it also had fuel pump relay.1 wire that ran between cdi box and relay box needs a ground-thats it.i wired the fuel pump to the now unused turn signal fuse.the neutral switch ran to it-i am wiring neutral switch directly to a light on dash.