PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Baja Karts

sicksand
09-10-2007, 04:07 PM
K-fab this guy builds these kids buggies and he said that his design is only about 1-2 inchs off the stadium lites that you are getting.What do you think...

sicksand
09-10-2007, 04:13 PM
heres another,this guy is just sitting in it to show room,he is 6'2" and the sides are just carbon paper to get an idea.Like I said he said that these frames are very close to the stadium lites,what do you think K-fab?

ultraman
09-10-2007, 04:26 PM
I'd say the cockpit is too small for an adult.With a helmet on he'd hit the rollbar.Legs are cramped too.Looks like a very cool kid's buggy though [smilie=biggrin.gif]

Rorty
09-10-2007, 05:02 PM
No race organisation in the world would allow that bloke to race in that buggy. He's obviously far too large for the confines of the cockpit and apart from his naked head virtually touching the cage, he couldn't possibly operate the controls properly either.

If he's of average build, then those buggies would need to be enlarged quite a bit to make them race-worthy.

hero_saku39
09-10-2007, 05:10 PM
......this guy builds these KIDS buggies...

Rorty
09-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Well why would they release promotional pics of the buggies with an adult in the buggy then? It's pretty clear they're aimed at adults - same as mini-motos.

K-fab
09-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Interesting KID cars. * I have to agree with the general consensus from the pix posted. - and you've pointed out that they are kid's cars, so no argument on that line of thinking.

They're no where near a regular Lite sized vehicle - wheel base and body are, judging by the "driver" much shorter and the roll cage is not near tall enough. *Interestingly the sides - or should I say the distance between the lower frame rail and the upper frame rail appear to be taller than normal (what ever normal is... *It may be spot on for a full sized car, but tends to look high because of the shortness of the vehicle (once again, observation based on the guy sitting in the car)

Do you happen to know the footprint of the car? *wheel base, OAL, track width? *It looks to be 3/4 scale (once again, judging by the "driver").

Steering wheel's WAY too far forward for the adult - I can't imagine a child trying to use it. *You need to have your arms bent at least 90 degrees at the elbow to get any sort of control and power to the wheel. *It needs to come back at least a foot for the guy in the car - kid needs it back even more.

They don't look like any Lite frame that I've seen - I wonder what he's basing them on? - where's the bracing and triangulation? *I see some but it looks like a few of the bars end in space w/o anything else being attached.

The motion ratio of the trailing arms looks to be at least 3:1 - egad, that makes for a nasty strong spring and stiff valving - they need to mount about the same distance they are from pivot points on the other end of the arm. *Same for the front suspension - the shocks need to be placed much farther out on the arms.

Front shocks don't seem to have much support up under the front end - then again, the pix are hard to see much detail in.

Engine seems to be way out back - has good points and bad points:

Good - makes the car a bit less bucky through whoops - there's a lot of mass hanging out on the end of the pendulum (chassis in up/down motion) so it takes more input to get it bouncing up and down. *Mid engine cars or cars with a more centrally located C of G do tend to buck more.

Bad - all that weight hanging out back can sure make an over steering beast once the back end starts to swing. *Think old Porsche 930 Turbos - 35/65 front/rear weight bias. *There were few drivers that could actually hang the back end of those cars out under power and NOT spin them. *Once they decide they're swinging out, it's YEEE HAAAA usually followed by OH WOOTER! *

It can also tend to make a car become unstable as you start getting the speed up - once again, the pendulum effect - little correction to the left, back swings right, little more correction input to the right, back swings left more - it becomes a self feeding oscillation that just grows and gets worse as you get faster and faster.

Do you know what engine it is? *I wonder if it could be moved forward of the rear axle plane? - even just a bit.

Overall, it appears to be an interesting little ride and I'd like to know more about it, but it looks to have some interesting little flaws - that could probably be easily fixed or dealt with.
-------------------------------------

Mine three cars will arrive next Monday morning (shipper verified this with me this morning) and I'll get pix of them as I unload them and then I'll start a log on the cars.
As stated previously, the one car has a dead engine and one car is in pieces and needs some TLC. *I've secured a pair of Phazer 500 engines that I'm hoping will show up in the next couple weeks for these two. *The other is turn key - add fuel and go play.

Hopefully I'll be able to get the friendly neighborhood police to leave me be when I do a bit of parking lot testing of the turn-key car.

I need to go get a new camera - my old one's tired and I've had more than one person say "GET A NEW ONE" because of the wonderful quality mine has... (Happy now Rorty??) *This sounds like a good reason to update my old equipment!

Once I start getting into these beasties, we'll all be able to see just what's hidden under the skin. *I've seen them partially naked, but it was long ago and Bob & Renee were quick to throw covers over them, so I don't really recall much about how they were made, what was braced so on and so forth. *- I'm just as curious as you guys are!

------------------------------------
Sicksand - I think my e-mail tried to d/l the pix you sent - but they must be over my server's limit size (which makes me wonder - didn't think I had one... *I need to call my ISP and ask about this). *Can you resend the pix individually?

sicksand
09-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Send me your address again,I will send you a pm with my e-mail address,,,he is making these buggies to go against the trophy karts,and I asked him about the front shock placement and he said that he had to mount them like that to get the travel he wanted.I guess he had a kid that races the trophy karts run it and said it felt alot better around the track compared to the trophy kart????Look at the back how it uses two drive sprockets,I haven't seen that before but he said that it works well.

hero_saku39
09-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Look at the back how it uses two drive sprockets,I haven't seen that before but he said that it works well.

I would say he does that to cut cost. *That has to be a lot cheaper than IRS with spool and axles.

sicksand
09-10-2007, 10:31 PM
He said that it was the only way he could get that much travel.I wasn't sure about the two chain deal but I saw some video of it and it seem to do alright with that set up.It is 11 hp kolher engine I think?

nutz4sand
09-10-2007, 10:32 PM
The dual sprockets also eliminates the CV setup issues and there are really no travel issues as the sprockets do not care how far up and down they go. I am looking at incorporating this into a buggy of mine. Bill

Rorty
09-10-2007, 10:34 PM
The blue buggy on the left is obviously a child's (teenager's?) car, but the other one is clearly aimed at adults.

Wasn't Yoshi banging on about that type of independant chain-drive a while ago? They're kind of cute looking.

sicksand
09-10-2007, 10:40 PM
They are both kids buggies,one is for a younger kids is all.I have video of a young kid driving it on a practice track.It is only a 11 hp engine and is geared towards kids no adults.If my kid had one then I admit I would be driving it also,lol..

sicksand
09-10-2007, 10:43 PM
He does make the smaller buggies also,if anyone would like to see his web site then let me know and I will post it for you?I was looking around at these for my daughters to drive around,but I still want to get a tube bender and try and do one myself?(scary)

rail_newb
09-10-2007, 11:05 PM
post up the site my bro wants one of the bigger ones! thanks

gootjr
09-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Hello mini buggy fans. The picture you see posted by Sicksand were strickly prototypes and not ment to be a representation of any finished product. The finished product will comfortably seat an adult 5'10" to 6' with a helmet. The dimensions are very similar to the old stadium superlites in fact the wheelbase is 2-4 inches longer than the Briggsbuilt or the old H&R cars built by Randy Smally. They have 18" of rear wheel travel and 15" in the front with 4" of ground clearance at full bottom. The overall is 93" long 54" wide and 69" wheelbase. The seat is adjustable front to rear for different drivers. These cars are custom built to individual requests. I will try to post some pictures.How do I post some pics and what size do they need to be?
Also the guy in the car is 6'4" tall.

rail_newb
09-10-2007, 11:56 PM
hey what would the base price be? and waht engine would it use? pretty neat set up and think about making plans and chassis or rollers? perfect for some one that doesnt want there kids to ride quads (or "Special" little brothers) [smilie=mhihi.gif]

gootjr
09-11-2007, 12:03 AM
The base price will be $6800-$7000 the motors will be 9,12 and 250 quad style motors. The have a very smooth ride and the steering is very easy and predictable with the rack and pinion. Do you know how to post pics?

rail_newb
09-11-2007, 12:26 AM
i think if its like any otherforum you need a web host like photobucket and load them there and copy on of the three codes they give you for the picture into your post and it should show up. i think its the img. code though

PilotHawK
09-11-2007, 05:33 AM
www.chaindriverail.com (http://www.chaindriverail.com)

its been done before.

yoshi
09-11-2007, 06:29 AM
www.chaindriverail.com

its been done before.I've been talking about doing that for years, and I will build it someday, all most got all the bugs worked out of my design. *If it holds up to a V8, it will hold up to a busa, simple as that.

yoshi
09-11-2007, 06:41 AM
Here's a setup on a quad someone posted (in here I believe) last year..

K-fab
09-11-2007, 07:47 AM
Hello mini buggy fans. The picture you see posted by Sicksand were strickly prototypes and not ment to be a representation of any finished product. The finished product will comfortably seat an adult 5'10" to 6' with a helmet. The dimensions are very similar to the old stadium superlites in fact the wheelbase is 2-4 inches longer than the Briggsbuilt or the old H&R cars built by Randy Smally. They have 18" of rear wheel travel and 15" in the front with 4" of ground clearance at full bottom. The overall is 93" long 54" wide and 69" wheelbase. The seat is adjustable front to rear for different drivers. These cars are custom built to individual requests. I will try to post some pictures.How do I post some pics and what size do they need to be?
Also the guy in the car is 6'4" tall.

COOL to have you on board Goot.

From the pix that were posted there were a lot of questions and speculation. *Good to hear that they were prototypes - stuff changes all the time, even after you get a production line going, so the evolution of the machine can change drastically from the beginning ideas.

Going after Trophy Karts, eh? *Nice to see someone else jump into the arena - you've chosen what appears to be a very large adversary; *Good luck to ya! *[smilie=bow.gif]

If you would can we get you to start a new thread in the "Show Off Your Toys" section of the board - uh, maybe they'd be better in the "Turn Key" section, as that's what they are, correct? *You can post all sorts of specs, pix and such and discuss the ideas and design behind the vehicles there.

Posting pix - Your first post in a thread will have a dialog box at the bottom that will allow you to post the pix you want. *When you want to post pix in reply of a thread, you must hit the "preview" button and that will bring up the dialog box that allows you to upload your photos.

sicksand
09-11-2007, 11:07 AM
the new buggy

gootjr
09-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Lets see if this works
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=qrb ... &y=-b0z0ba (http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=qrbyr1c.4gwswec0&x=0&h=1&y=-b0z0ba)

sicksand
09-11-2007, 11:12 AM
the red one

Pacman
09-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Those are real nice.....but like kfab said....start a new thread! No hijacky! [smilie=blink.gif]

nutnbolt2002
09-11-2007, 01:04 PM
sicksand, will you be selling the plans?

sicksand
09-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Sorry they arn't mine,I don't know if he will sell them or not?He might sale them as a roller but you would have to talk to him.His web site is www.extremebajakarts.com (http://www.extremebajakarts.com) He is a great guy and will answer whatever questions you might have?

gootjr
09-28-2007, 12:18 PM
Hello Mini Buggy Fans
Here are some updated pictures of The EBK"S
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.j ... r2jp7&Ux=1 (http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=qrbyr1c.5pqj7ads&Uy=yr2jp7&Ux=1)

K-fab
09-28-2007, 08:26 PM
I hope you guys don't mind, but I split the EBK topic out of my Brigg's thread and made a new topic just for the cars. *There were two pages of hijacked, off topic stuff in my thread. *(yea, I'm abusing my power a tad...)

sicksand
09-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Goot what will the rolling chassis be going for?

gootjr
09-29-2007, 12:31 AM
SickSand
The rollers if its less just the motor will be $300 less or minus whatever else you dont need

rail_newb
09-29-2007, 12:42 AM
hey could i get one that would use a quad engine with cv drive shafts and sprocket carrier like the mini rails we build on here? *because i think if hyou put a quad engine in the same arrangement then it would run back words unless you sdesigned something to ectend the drive sprocket further out. and how about just a chassis with no rear suspension tabs how much yould that cost me?because i like your chassis im jus not a fan or the whole independent chain thing.

gootjr
09-29-2007, 12:51 AM
We could do anything you like. We are looking at doing the same thing. We would extend the counter shat sprocket and support the end then send the chain foward. I think the dual chains will hold up just fine. Everything is 1" shafts with keyways most of the clutches for snowmobiles use the same thing for outputs. We will also use dual 420 or 520 chains which will be stronger than a quad because they use the same chain but only one. The advantage is that use dont have to worry about CV angles and bind with short axles. We are open to other ideas if you are looking for something special.

rail_newb
09-29-2007, 01:19 AM
well thats good to hear. i think i would like a chassis if the price were right. would this be about the same size as a pilot? and pm me the price for just a chassis with front suspension tabs if you can and an estimate of shipping. as my brother likes this little bugger but he wants it a little diffrent and the chains arnt the problem its that he just wants the cv's instead. i wonder what motor he is going to pick?

nutnbolt2002
09-29-2007, 10:48 AM
Gootjr, can you tell me the size of engine used, and what is the overall length and width? *By the way nice cars.

gootjr
09-29-2007, 12:28 PM
We use Subaru motors either 265cc or 404cc
The oa 93"L x 53"w

nutnbolt2002
09-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Thanks, is the 404cc the 13hp engine? Any mods done to the engine?

gootjr
09-29-2007, 01:53 PM
The 404 is the 13HP we have a custom exhaust and K&N filter adapter available.

Thanks Bob

gootjr
11-11-2007, 12:05 AM
Here are some EBK updates

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.j ... lrtcc&Ux=0 (http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=qrbyr1c.atele9yw&Uy=-plrtcc&Ux=0)

Bugpac
11-11-2007, 07:26 AM
How much is a roller?

K-fab
11-11-2007, 07:35 AM
Cool photos. *I like the way the six pack looks like it's sticking out of the panel.

DrakAttack
11-11-2007, 11:00 AM
How much for the blondie?

gootjr
11-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Bugpac
Thanks for the interest. The rollers are $6500 complete less motor and trans. Assembled and powdercoated

Gootr, do you manufacture the chassis in the usa? Also what gearbox are they setup to run....I to like the size and painted up and perrty the car seems very appealing, Now i just need money... *[smilie=biggrin.gif]

nutnbolt2002
11-11-2007, 11:17 AM
I like the size of those buggies, what are you using for a trans?

gootjr
11-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Thanks
The cars are 93" long and 53" wide with a 70" wheelbase. There is 39" of head room I am 5'11" and fit the steering wheel is not against my chest. my arms can extend out. The seat is adjustable front to back to fit the kids. We use a foward and reverse box.

hansshanks
11-11-2007, 11:45 AM
what diameter front spindle areyou running. and how much do these weigh. what if anything have you had break during testing and motocross track time. and do think that this chasis could hold up to say a small sled enginge. like a 600 or so.

gootjr
11-11-2007, 12:27 PM
We use a 3/4 diam spindle. The cars wiegh 425 lbs with a 70lb motor. I would increase the chain size to a 420 or 520. We have no breaks in our testing and our testing has been on motocross tracks.

Pacman
11-11-2007, 12:31 PM
We use a foward and reverse box.

Who manufactures the box?

gootjr
11-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Comet

nutnbolt2002
11-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Do you modify the trans atoll, and do you sell them?

Bugpac
11-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Is the chassis usa made? and most of the components on it?

gootjr
11-11-2007, 05:34 PM
We can sell the trans no problem. Everything is american in Anahiem Calif anything we dont make in our shop is either machined or lazer cut locally. We will always build them that way.

Bugpac
11-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Do you have a dealer program?

nutnbolt2002
11-11-2007, 06:20 PM
gootjr, will those transmission hold up to 16 hp?

Bugpac
11-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Do you have specs, maybe you posted already but i did not see.

Tubing size, travel, length width etc etc...

gootjr
11-11-2007, 08:53 PM
The trans is rated to 20hp.

I posted the dimensions above the chassis is 1" .095, the rear arms are lazer cut boxed and welded, the front are 1" .095. The travel is 18" rear and 14.5" in the front. We do have dealer programs. Have you seen our site.
www.extremebajakarts.com (http://www.extremebajakarts.com)

sicksand
11-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Goot,I'm glad to see the interest.I had someone post me about a two seater and if you were going to build them also?Maybe you could post some of those new pics that you have,like with the sticker kits?The buggies look great,keep up the good work...

gootjr
11-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Dusty
Here you go I posted these earlier.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.j ... lrtcc&Ux=0 (http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=qrbyr1c.atele9yw&Uy=-plrtcc&Ux=0)

sicksand
11-14-2007, 09:52 PM
I don't believe the difference with that sticker kit,I like the look of them.Goot,how many do you have out so far?

gootjr
11-18-2007, 11:05 PM
Heres a few more pics of some delivered cars.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.j ... da9vx&Ux=0 (http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=qrbyr1c.ab2abjxc&Uy=uda9vx&Ux=0)

nutnbolt2002
11-19-2007, 12:07 AM
Very nicely done.

boilermaker
11-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Really,really,really nice!!!!!!!!

rail_newb
11-21-2007, 12:05 AM
wow those look uber nice. if i were to get one i would put a bit bigger front tires and taller narrower rear tires but i would like to have the paint job of the red one it looks so cool.

Gene
11-21-2007, 09:05 AM
Great looking car. It has all the right proportions. The kid in one picture has the biggest grin ever. Very lucky kid!

TutTech
12-13-2007, 10:46 PM
These are awesome.
Saw them at the show and talked for like an hour
about them.
Very cool and so fun.
Great idea and the race version is just the best.
Very cool and well done.

I need to stop my projects and pick one up for me to play with

[smilie=mhihi.gif]

Well done guys keep up the great work and again cant
say enough for how cool these little buggies are.

[smilie=biggrin.gif]

gootjr
12-14-2007, 12:01 AM
Thanks to everyone for all the compliments. How do I post pictures to the post directly?
Thanks

Pacman
12-14-2007, 09:49 AM
Use the "post reply" button.........and not the "quick reply" window.......or you can use the "quick reply" window and hit "preview" and you will get the frame that allows you to attach pictures....

gootjr
12-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Heres a few new pics

nutnbolt2002
12-23-2007, 09:49 PM
That looks very nice. What size of twin are you using?

gootjr
12-23-2007, 10:02 PM
This one is a 620cc Honda. Thanks

P-Dog
12-29-2007, 09:41 AM
I cant find the tranny anywhere. Do you have a seperate pic of where it is mounted? Also, what is the exhaust /pipe you are using? Did you make the flanges and design the pipe or can one just buy these aftermarket? Do you sell parts?

masterfabr
12-29-2007, 10:37 AM
I just got in on this thread and have to say they look nice but I've got a question.The engine sits behind the drive sprocket and therefore the tension side of the chain is on the bottom with the slack on top.This is not a recommended configuration according to (all that I know of) chain manufacturers. Have you experienced any problems from that?I know on high HP stuff it can be a real issue but am curious about how it works with the lower HP.

gootjr
12-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Thanks for all the questions. So far we have had zero problems with the kart. We have made many changes mostly to the shape of the chassis and refining all the little details. All of our test cars have been using an industrial non O-ring chain in a 40 series with no breaks at all. The main chain obviously takes all the load and then the other two split the load to the rear wheels. With the 420 & 428 O-ring chains and there larger pin diameter and higher load range we dont expect any problems. There is a company that has built full size sandcars with the dual chains and V8 power and no problems. There was one of them entered in the militaries Darpa chalenge with a turbo V6. As far as the exhaust we have a company that builds only motorcycle,atv and watercraft pipes. There is no trans on this car we use a jackshaft only because the trans we use on our other cars are is only ated to 18HP and the customer didnt need reverse. This car is going to be in a container on it's way to Dubai to play in the sand. P Dog what kind of parts are you looking for?

Matt C
04-22-2008, 08:54 AM
Is there any video of this Kart anywhere? *I have looked quite a bit and havent found anything yet.

sicksand
04-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Matt there isn't really,he just signed with Corr this year to race against the trophy karts so he has a new truck body and also has a 250 f dirtbike moto(I think but not sure) in the works to run against the elite class.He has been very busy with all the new orders for the upcoming season,he said it has been crazy and with the race season right around the corner its a mad rush.I have seen the new trophy truck body that he is doing for the new trucks and it looks great.Give him a call he will answer all your questions and send you pics,etc...I will be getting one for my kids...

Bullnerd
04-26-2008, 06:16 PM
I'm curious to see how the EBK's handle compared to the TK's.

The EBK's have a true trailing arm VS. the solid axle of the TK.

sicksand
04-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Speed wise they are very close but I think that the ebk's are far better built.He should have some new pics on his site very soon as well as some video,and I know his frames look very stout.

gootjr
05-04-2008, 09:34 PM
The latest ExtremeBajaKarts race cars.

gootjr
05-04-2008, 09:37 PM
Heres a couple more

rail_newb
05-04-2008, 10:02 PM
lookin good man. cant wait to see waht else you come up with. i might have to go get me one of these. where is your shop located???

gootjr
05-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!!! We are located in Anahiem Calif.

rail_newb
05-04-2008, 10:59 PM
sweet ill stop by sometime this summer to look around.

gootjr
06-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Here are a few updates from ExtremeBajaKarts. We have won the races in a row against the Trophy Karts and have had no reliability issues.Nice job on the new site !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kodakgallery.com*Join now and receive beautiful photographic prints from your camera (http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=qrbyr1c.98hx55g0&x=0&y=8bgdsy&localeid=en_US)

K-fab
06-20-2008, 05:38 PM
Hey goot - got your email. Thanks!
I'll be in touch fairly soon.

Bullnerd
06-20-2008, 05:53 PM
Congrats on the new cars and the wins Goot.
Do you sell the bodies seperate?How $$
Are you planning on updating your site with the new cars?

gootjr
06-20-2008, 08:42 PM
Thanks we are very happy to be doing so well after our second race. I need to find a new web guy our site needs lots of help. We do sell the bodies they are three piece and run $1100. I was hoping they would be less, they were going to be $1350 if I didnt pay for half the tooling. K Fab your welcome let me know what I can answer for you.
Thanks Bob

bc124
06-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Truck bodies look great. Congrats on the victories. Was that one of yours i saw a motion sequence picture of doing a barrel roll of some sort on Race-Dezert. I like the buggies too. I think i want to be a midget and get one of those:D.

gootjr
06-20-2008, 09:33 PM
That was ours he got hit in qualifying and still finished and qualified 7th. We only bent one rod end.Our cars have alot of room it is comfortable for 6' drivers.

bc124
06-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Great to here the cars are holding up good. That was a cool sequence. I thought I remembered them being roomy from previous posts, good to here. Hopefully the wins on Sunday are selling them on Monday.

gootjr
09-24-2008, 07:01 PM
The ExtremeBajaKarts are now available with motors from 265cc 9Hp for the kids up to 450cc quad & Motocross motors. They are available in rollers to use your own motor as well.
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/194_9431.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/194_9439.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_7136-1.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_7136.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/CORR_Rnd_12_0027.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/195_9543.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/195_9570.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/191_9190.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/191_9186.jpg

gootjr
02-07-2010, 01:04 AM
It looks like this post needed some updated pictures.
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/Avatar1.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1020207.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1010579-1.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_1251.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_1263.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_1274.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_1316.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_1294.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_1292.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1010720.jpg

gootjr
02-07-2010, 01:12 AM
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1020197.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1020199.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1020200.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1020201.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1020202.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1020204.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1020205.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1020206.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1020208.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1020211.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/183_8334-1.jpg

chuckorlando
02-07-2010, 06:32 AM
Now in some pics I see a spool but in others I thought I seen dual chain set up. Are those diffrent buggies, options, or design change. If one chain breaks you can still get back to camp yea?

gootjr
02-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Chuck
WE build three different cars from kids cvt driven to adult versions if you go to our website we have lots of pics.
Thanks Bob

sicksand
02-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Any video of the new buggy yet with the gsxr motor.When will one be at Lake Elsinore,I would like to see the buggy on the track.Have you had a chance to run it against any other buggies like a pilot or Revolt,etc...?

P-Dog
02-21-2010, 12:16 AM
great looking carts. I have to ask, how did you make this cope? End mill?

sicksand
02-21-2010, 12:30 AM
Has anyone got the chance to see these new cars run?I would like to see one on the track...

Martinm210
02-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Meticulous fabrication..beautiful!

I'd love to see any videos you might have as well.[smilie=jumping.gif]

yoshi
02-25-2010, 08:09 AM
great looking carts. I have to ask, how did you make this cope? End mill?

That's a nasty notch, I do everything in my power to avoid cuts like that, they take for ever to do (plus a lot longer to weld), and are pretty much done by hand. I had a few like that when I first got started, but in production you try to cut corners on stuff like that, well, I do at least, lol..

P-Dog
02-25-2010, 04:09 PM
That's a nasty notch, I do everything in my power to avoid cuts like that, they take for ever to do (plus a lot longer to weld), and are pretty much done by hand. I had a few like that when I first got started, but in production you try to cut corners on stuff like that, well, I do at least, lol..

Yeah, the reason i asked was because it really looks like copes i used to have to make with a chop saw/grinder. You get those "not so safe" to cut angles and i was wondering if an end mill could even do that. They may have some little messacin who's sole purpose in the shop is to cut those coped tubes. Ok, sorry! He/she doesn't have to be a messacin!

yoshi
02-25-2010, 05:09 PM
i was wondering if an end mill could even do that.

I have a couple 72 degree angles I have to notch. I always saw cut 80 percent of it out with a slow saw though, then do the final clean with the mill....

standfast
02-26-2010, 11:19 AM
I just do those with a angle grinder. Cut the long cut with a thin cutting wheel, then use the flap disc notcher. lol Probably the fastest way to do it too. Like Yoshi, I avoid designing my way into those situations! Takes way too much time.

Gene
02-26-2010, 09:07 PM
I do it like Standfast. It's a back and forth operation to get the desired fit.

ProtoDie
02-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Yup,,I also try to avoid exceeding 60 degrees when notching,,,design, cause it is tough. & then you grab the grinder.
super long end mill helps the extreme angles

Good looking buggies, is there a link to any video of these in action?

gootjr
03-17-2010, 09:15 AM
Hello Minibuggy fans. This is kind of nice. My Dealer in the UK has a nicer web site than I do. He just got it up and running.
The Home of Baja Off Road Karts and Buggies in the UK | Extreme Baja Karts UK (http://www.extremebajakarts.co.uk)

Bullnerd
03-17-2010, 10:32 AM
Very cool,excellent web site,excellent product!

gootjr
04-28-2010, 11:48 PM
Just to update some new projects going on at ExtremeBajaKarts we have been busy building a car to send to Australia to compete in thier 7 day Austalian Safari. We are running a turbo charged Weber engine and have to carry 32 gallons of fuel to make it between gas stops. We also are offering our 2 seaters with MC motors as well as the Ecotec power plants. Thanks for looking.
Bob
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1020539.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1020540.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1020541.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1020550.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1020684.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1020713.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1020718.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1020719.jpg

TutTech
04-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Wow 32 gallon fuel cell! amazing.. but very cool.
You guys always do such great work.. very cool.

Thanks for sharing the update.
Can you tell us more about this buggy and why it needs the tank and what/where it will be running/racing etc.?? very curious?

Liking the look of the new 2 seater and can't wait to see one done.
Very cool.. Please keep us updated as I know I enjoy seeing all your work!

;):)

minibajaman
04-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Looks great! What size tires are those BFG's?

ProtoDie
04-30-2010, 07:53 PM
Very cool,,,,,you must have some video to share by now?
I want to see them run

gootjr
04-30-2010, 09:17 PM
BFG's are 215x75x15
Tut thanks. The extra fuel is because the car is entered in the Australian Safari which is a 7 day race and the is no pit stops every 100-200 miles like here and the customer want to make sure he dosnt run out. There is also lots of additions to this car to meet the rule book. Videos are coming, as soon as we finish cars they are out the door.

TutTech
05-05-2010, 08:15 AM
Oh.. cool.. ok when you said Safari I was just thinking fun.. safari.. but No an actual Safari race!
Awesome! Ok so it is a full blown race car. Nice. Very cool and congrats on the build it looks great.
As a racer I totally understand now and thanks for the clarification.
;)

Ya I agree some more finished shots and a video would be great.
I have seen them in person and they are amazing machines you guys do great work and build fun buggies. Keep up the great work and keep us posted on any updates to the two seater and all your buggies.
Also ask the customer to please post here about his racing and to please post lots of pics we all I am sure would love to hear and see how he does.

;)

gootjr
07-10-2010, 02:23 PM
So I have some new pictures of some new projects. Things have been very busy and were having a great time expanding our line up. I have some pictures of our newest two seater, I dont think Ive posted them up but maybe. I also have some pictures of a GSXR750 that was just sent to Cabo San Lucas to be a race car. On his first test runs in Mexico the car ran 109 MPH in fifth gear in the dirt and did amazing in the rough with early shock adjustments. These are the pictures of the Cabo car first.
Thanks for looking Bob
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_1714.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_1715.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_1716.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_1668.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_1670.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_1673.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_1675.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_1697.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_1699.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_1702.jpg

voodoochikin04
07-10-2010, 06:48 PM
on those pictures posted.. what are you using for the sway bar center link? like a torsion bar? also, what is that flex plate from? a cavalier?

gootjr
07-12-2010, 10:40 PM
TuT
The car going to Australia for the 7 day race leaves on a boat tomarrow and should be ready to race the first part of Sept.We took the car out and did quit a bit of testing in Ocotillo wells in 112 degress. The car ran pefectly with no problems and no loose bolts!!!!!!!! The Weber motors runs very strong with the 750cc turbo. Of course we tried to get some video and everything we took was dusty and not clear. We had 450 Hondas and thier riders with helmet cameras. The car will be running for 7 days and 800km per day. Hers a couple finished pictures I will try to ad more later.
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_1729.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_1737.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_1724.jpg

TutTech
07-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Wow you guys have no idea how cool I think that is. It is just awesome.
Congrats on the great job and I wish the race team with the car the best of luck. What an adventure they are going to have. I love watching and checking out the Dakar stuff so I can just imagine what this is going to be ran through. Man some very amazing yet tough terrain.

Please if they send you pics or links post them for us to see also.
Or if the race team has a website, blog or something please let me know I would love to follow them and watch them.

Ocotillo is a great place to test and run. I have been there a few times myself and heck ya if you dialed it in there that is great terrain for testing and riding. To bad about the video. Well better luck next time.
Please post some when you do get some as we would all love to see it.

Also if you have some info or specs on this car that would be great too.
How much did it end up weighing with it fully ready to go? I know with 2 spares and the big tank it is going to be more, but that is what I would like to know.
The tires are the new bfg mud terrains right? In what something like a 215/75r/15?
Stands about 27 inches tall?
BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2 tires - Reviews, ratings and specs in the High Deserts Area - Discount Tire/America's Tire (http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/tires/bf_goodrich/product/submitProductSize.do?r=LAHINT%7Cpc%7C92344&pc=38189)

which cvt set up do you use? What was the over all wheel base, wheel travel and width?
And what power does that weber motor make with the turbo? roughly.
Any info would be great even if it is ball park just us curious guys would love to hear some specs.
What did you guys do for lights, charging etc.?

Awesome job on the race buggy going to Cabo also. wow 109 in car that small.. holly cow talk about adrenaline rush and maybe a bit scared also but so worth it!

Well again very cool and I am really impressed with your buggies.
[smilie=thumbs_up.g:[smilie=thumbs_up.g:

gootjr
07-14-2010, 12:59 AM
Tut
Our cars with a GSXR 750,16 gal of fuel,1 spare tire and front brakes weighs 1241
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1030371.jpg
The tires are the BFG Mud Terrains and they work very well in the DEZ
I used a Comet drive and a Team driven with a belt that has proven itself on some very long races.
Wheelbase on the 1 seater is 86" and 91" on the 2 seater the overall width depending on the tires is 67" on the 1 seat and the 2 seat is 77" depending on tires. We have 17" of travel front and back.
The Weber motor produces 130 HP and 120 lbs of torque at 6500 rpm
For lights we used LED on the weber and HID on the Cabo car. The Weber has a alternator standard.
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1040265.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1040273.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1040274.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1040281.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1040286.jpg

TutTech
07-14-2010, 09:02 AM
Wow that is some great info thank you for taking the time and giving all that info and in so much detail. Super cool. ;)

Those specs are really good and I can't believe it 17 inches.. wow again. That is awesome. I am guessing the U joints get more angle then cvs? I don't know anything about them but from what I have heard they seem to. Very cool. Thats great.

Thanks also for sharing those new pics those are awesome.
I love that photo of the buggy and the Baja Bug you get a true feeling of the size of it and wow.. it's awesome and a true mini! Nice! :D

That turbo Weber sounds very nice. Your a dealer for them right? How much do you sell them for if you don't mind me asking?

Oh and thanks for the tire specs I some how missed you already posted the specs.. oops.

Well cool and again keep up the great work I really love your guys cars I think they are just amazing and well done. Both in looks and performance you do an outstanding job on them.

TRC
09-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Wow, once again one more innovative way to get out in the dezert and get it done.

MongooseGSXR750
09-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Hi Tut,

I checked out the Safari Car yesterday here in Western Australia, the home of Mini Buggies,

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s92/ozzyrappy07se/Australian%20Safari/IMG_3050Large.jpg

there's some more pics on our site here.
http://www.wasuperlites.com/forum_2/

Cheers
Kev

gootjr
11-27-2010, 01:02 AM
Kev
Thanks for posting the Extremebaja pic. I tried to find the others on the site you posted but no luck. Did I miss them somewhere?
Thanks Bob
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/untitled.jpg?t=1290843563

TutTech
11-27-2010, 09:05 AM
More I want to see more..
The old site is down so I changed the link to the new forum... but no pics or post of how its doing.. thanks for the pic Gootjr, hope all is well....

Also Gootjr I would love to see more pics and info on the buggy that is racing down in baja with the gsxr engine I believe??

Please post more pics and info etc.

gootjr
12-01-2010, 01:32 AM
Tut
Here are some pictures from cabo,enjoy.
Thanks Bob
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_1697-1.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_1676.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1040378.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1040342.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1040281-1.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1040273-1.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/1576-1.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/1-PM3001085.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_1697-1.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/IMG_1676.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/Sig-1.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1040286.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/P1000029.jpg

whiplash
12-01-2010, 07:47 AM
Killer little cars! I can't imagine 109MPH in something that small!!

TutTech
12-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Thanks!
Dang those little guys are so cool!

Ya Whip I agree wow going 70 in my race car seems fast let alone an even smaller buggy going even faster.. way faster! Sheesh.. what a thrill ride though. Amazing.
Really enjoy seeing your guys cars they are very well built and great looking.
Thanks again and please keep us updated as you can.

:)

Oh.. question for you.. what size.. or tooth sprocket did you guys end up going with on the Gsxr powered car for those bfg tires?
Thanks.
;)

MongooseGSXR750
01-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Kev
Thanks for posting the Extremebaja pic. I tried to find the others on the site you posted but no luck. Did I miss them somewhere?
Thanks Bob

Sorry, I only just noticed this. Our old forum died a horrible death so we had to start again.

Here's the pics,

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s92/ozzyrappy07se/Australian%20Safari/IMG_3052Large.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s92/ozzyrappy07se/Australian%20Safari/IMG_3054Large.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s92/ozzyrappy07se/Australian%20Safari/IMG_3057Large.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s92/ozzyrappy07se/Australian%20Safari/IMG_3059Large.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s92/ozzyrappy07se/Australian%20Safari/IMG_3060Large.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s92/ozzyrappy07se/Australian%20Safari/IMG_3063Large.jpg

Cheers
Kev

TutTech
01-18-2011, 07:24 AM
Wow Kev thank you so much.
Can you give us some info? How did the buggy do? Hows the racing going etc.
I would love to hear more or read more if you have information somewhere please let me know.
As a fellow racer I really enjoy hearing about others races.

Thanks for the pics very cool!
Good luck with all your future racing.

MongooseGSXR750
01-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Hi Tut, it's not my buggy, but I did have a chat with the owner and Driver.

I think he said it was originally supplied with Uni Joints which he replaced with the CV's shortly after, CVT Belts were also a problem.

In the actual Safari Race, I don't think he got past day one, but can't tell you what the problem was.

My opinion, it's too over built for that little Weber Motor, needs a Busa, but good on him for having a crack.

If you're interested, the Australasian Safari have a website

Home (http://www.australasiansafari.com.au)

Here's another pic I found

http://www.australasiansafari.com.au/gallery/safari2010_leg0/AusSafari2010Prologue_10051.jpg

gootjr
01-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Kev
Thanks for the pics,nice shots. I havnt had a chance to talk to the customer that we built it for to see how he did. After the Safari he spent all his time getting ready to take a MC team to Dakar.With all the extras we had to add to meet the requirements of the Safari the car did end up very heavy. We drove the car quite a bit here before shipping and it ran hard and fast. Heres a couple pics of a local desert car with a GSXR 750. Hopefully he can make the race in Cal City.
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/1111.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/HPIM0785.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/HPIM0799.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/HPIM0816.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/HPIM0836.jpg

MongooseGSXR750
01-19-2011, 12:33 AM
Nice car, keep the news coming.

Cheers,

Kev

sicksand
01-19-2011, 12:41 AM
Did you happen to get any video of the car,bet its scary fast with that power plant?

gootjr
01-19-2011, 11:47 PM
We have video but they are to long to post and I don't know how to split them up. This car ran 100 mph out in Ocatillo Wells a couple weeks ago.

TutTech
01-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Hey Gootjr, now that is awesome and looks mean! I love it. ;)

Very cool and glad to hear you guys have a car coming out to do some desert racing around here so we can see it in person. I am very interested in seeing it.
Looks sleek, mean, light and fast. Looks a lot lighter then the safari version actually.
Can't wait to see that buggy in person and watch it run. Awesome job once again on what looks like a great car.
Keep up the great work and keep us posted on your current projects and buggies lots of us like to see what your up to.

P.s.. Kev, I read your complete build and looked through the entire forums.. wow your car is a very brite green.. :D That cage glows.. wow. Nice though and looks great.. although the X or diagnol bracing from the roof to the floor makes no since to me for what the tech officials made you do.. :confused:
But hey make them happy and you race so there you go. Very cool and congrats.

MongooseGSXR750
01-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Very cool and congrats. :)

Thanks mate, 1st Race in about 6 weeks, I will keep you posted.

sicksand
01-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Kev
Thanks for the pics,nice shots. I havnt had a chance to talk to the customer that we built it for to see how he did. After the Safari he spent all his time getting ready to take a MC team to Dakar.With all the extras we had to add to meet the requirements of the Safari the car did end up very heavy. We drove the car quite a bit here before shipping and it ran hard and fast. Heres a couple pics of a local desert car with a GSXR 750. Hopefully he can make the race in Cal City.
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/1111.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/HPIM0785.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/HPIM0799.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/HPIM0816.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/gootjr/HPIM0836.jpg
How much does the new buggy run with the gsxr engine

gootjr
01-20-2011, 11:06 PM
Dusty
There is a wide range?

sicksand
01-21-2011, 04:23 PM
From mild to wild all depending on what each customer wants I assume?

dezerthaces
07-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Hello , this is my EBK . i race the probaja desert series in south baja.

YouTube - ‪extreme baja kart dezerthaces racing team 108mph baja sur offroad‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JjJrPwqXyk)

[smilie=non_banana2:

TutTech
07-06-2011, 01:23 PM
NICE! [smilie=ecstatic.gi:

More video please.. and more pics.

I really like your car a lot.. super cool.

dezerthaces
07-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Sure!! more pix!! more videos after the next race on jul 15 , 16 & 17. [smilie=ecstatic.gi:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/dezerthaces/2011_Dos_Mares_500_224.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/dezerthaces/2011_Dos_Mares_500_223.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/dezerthaces/2011_Dos_Mares_500_124.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/dezerthaces/DSC_1507.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/dezerthaces/DSC04353.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/dezerthaces/DSC04355.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/dezerthaces/DSC04418.jpg

maybebuggy
09-29-2011, 07:29 PM
What class did these race in?
I gather it was a GSXR 750motor but in what class?

TutTech
10-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Nice to see some more pics.. and the new bead locks makes it look mean.. I like!

How did you do? hows it been going and doing.

Can't wait to see more but would love to hear more about how your racing is going.. a race report and how is it going being smaller out there with the bigger cars.. thanks and congrats on the racing very cool.

Maybebuggy, I believe if his race numbering is the same that 1500 is sportsman buggy.. usually any 4 cylinder buggies can race in that class.. it is divided 1500-1549 is V-6 or V-8 sportsman buggies and 1550-1599 on his numbers says hes a 4 cylinder sportsman buggy.
Again if their numbers and system is the same at his races as what I am used to.

maybebuggy
10-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Yep I was guessing Sportsman too. Great info on the numbering system thanks.

I would LOVE a race report. I am thinking mini buggy in sportsman myself. Not enough mini racing so building specifically to target sportsman with a mini would be my next option for desert stuff.

I have the chassis picked out, motor and class is still being researched. Hearing about EBK's experience in detail would be REALLY helpful.:)

dezerthaces
11-04-2011, 08:07 PM
1st in class 15 wide open desert challenge cabo baja

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrLUVwjDgIo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsYWAxMBGiY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5P8EhP8j24&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5P8EhP8j24&feature=related)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAdXPUTtzKg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAdXPUTtzKg)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XAgl5sdCRQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XAgl5sdCRQ)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eetg5gkBUMw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eetg5gkBUMw)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRczZGXp7Mo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRczZGXp7Mo)

MongooseGSXR750
11-10-2011, 12:26 AM
Congrats on the win, looks like it's working well for you.

Souinds like it's geared pretty high, what's the top speed ?

gootjr
09-16-2015, 08:30 PM
Long time since I have posted any videos. How do you post the You Tube videos so it shows the small video to play

Xbird
09-17-2015, 04:01 AM
Long time since I have posted any videos. How do you post the You Tube videos so it shows the small video to play

usually you need to copy the url right out of the browser while the video is up, then delete the "s" in "https". Sometimes it works, sometimes not so well. If it doesn't, blame it on bullnerd! :D

Bullnerd
09-17-2015, 04:55 AM
LOL! I was just going to say...dont ask me!

Kuma
03-30-2017, 07:52 PM
Anyone familiar with these cars have any suspension suggestions, I run exclusively in the sand, I have the car with the aluminum colored side panels flying, it's a little modified, now with a busa engine, large radiator mounted in rear wing position, wheel spacers and sand tires. it seems to work ok but it can be much better.
Problem, if you are familiar with Glamis, olds hill or about any other comp hill in the dunes, there are whoops at the bottom of the hill, the XP's and X3s suck that stuff up very good, I tend to hit the first couple and bounce off the sand and out of control.
I charges all shocks with 150psi nitrogen, went to the hill and made some runs, tried with the bypass shocks cranking the rebound and compression to each extreme but it did not help much.
figuring the weight of the car is somewhere close to some of the others that were weighed assuming they were empty, about 430# on the front and 820# on the rear, maybe add about 50# on the rear and 15# on the front for the engine change and larger radiator, Driver weight is about in the middle at 170# it holds about 15 gallons but figure at 65-70# of fuel weight for a partial tank.
I'm thinking either there is not enough spring but it seems to be setup the same as all the others, or the bypass shocks don't have any oil? maybe the sag is too much/too little?
A friend took some video, I'll see if I can get them up.

plkracer
03-30-2017, 07:58 PM
The whoops at glamis are so spread out that my rebound was way too fast, coming from Oregon, where the whoops are half the distance apart.

You should start closing down the rebound, then close down the compression to keep the shocks from packing up. Tightening the compression will also help absorb some of the bigger whoops.

Nothing at glamis had a sharp transistion, so you should be able to get away with relatively tight valving without knocking your teeth out.

The rzrs are usually a little on the tight side to begin with, so they work out well in glamis. For oregon, we have to open them up a bit and let the wheel flop around a lot more.