PDA

View Full Version : More examples for rules that may help.

opsled
09-20-2007, 09:36 AM
I didn't want to muck up another post with this idea so I just started a new tread figuring it could just get tossed if you guys think it's a bad one.

I was thinking about your rules issues and all the different ideas that are being thrown out and remembered the Mini Sprints that used to run when I was pitting for my boss that had a Sprint car. I think they would be similiar in size and weight to these Stadium Lites and do run on the dirt just without the jumps and left turn only. They use sled and bike engines that are about the same as what you guys are running and I thought they might also have rules that could be adapted or modified to work for you. I googled "Mini Sprint rules" and came up with many hits from clubs all over the country and was reading some of them. I didn't post any links to any of them as I don't really know which ones may or may not apply but if someone that did know what to look for were to reserch some of these different Mini Sprint rules you may be able to find ideas or combinations of ideas that may work for some of your needs. I know these Mini Sprints are popular and it is likely that alot of these groops have already been through the trial and error process of working up a good set of managable, fair rules. *Search "mini sprint rules" and have a look. Hopefully it won't be a waste of time.

* * * * * * * * * Just a thought, Phil (opsled)

Bugpac
09-20-2007, 05:26 PM
The only advantage a mini sprint has over us, is they can run near full throttle most of the time, 600 cc is very popular there....