PDA

View Full Version : pictures Please

jerry
09-14-2007, 10:04 PM
I am designing a buggy with the same power tran and rear diff, rear hubs as the RR. I have the frt designed and I am working on the rear. I searched the RR web site and can not find any good photos of the back end set up A arm hub setup, diff mounting or raditor mounting. If anyone can help me out withsome photos of these areas and any others I would be VERY GREATFULLY. I am desiging the frame in Bend Tech Pro. The suspension is going to be a built after i get the frame built.

Thank You

Rorty
09-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Why not design your own rear set-up rather than copying someone else's work? If you already have the running gear to take dimensions from and you have Bend Tech, then you're 90% there.

jerry
09-15-2007, 09:09 AM
I was afraid that someone was going to think I wanted to copy someone eles working (THAT IS MORALLY WRONG). That is not what I am looking to do. *After having post my ? I wish I had worded it differently. (MY GRAMMER AND WORD SKILLS ADMITTEDLY STINK) I am curious to see if my ideas is sound ( so that I do not have to rebuild it later ). I have NO design or structural background. I do have your R6 plans Rorty which have been very helpful ( I DO NOT WANT TO STEP ON ANYONES TOES). PLEASE tell me if i am wrong i did buy your plans with the idea of widing them but as i got into the desgin i started changing somethings. (WILL CERTAINLY GIVE CREDIT WERE CREDIT IS DO) with out though plans i would never tried building a buggy (i got your plans because as i read though many posts people said your plans were the most complete and you are there for those who buy your plans, I have to agree strongly with them. I am building a buggy simply because i LOVE to make stuff and have fun with my kids.

Rorty
09-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Well you're more than 90% of the way there. You should be able to combine the running gear with the rear of your chassis by plotting ground level and the positions of the inner pivot points (at ride height) on paper at, say, half scale. If you make a cardboard cut-out of the rear hub/tyre at half scale (including the pivot points) and place it on the drawing of the rear of the chassis at the track width you want. You can then use 1/2" wide strips of card as arms and four map pins and start having fun 'cycling' the suspension. The bottom pivot point on the chassis will be fixed, but the upper pivot point and those on the rear upright are moveable until you establish geometry that you're happy with. Start with between 1/2 to 1 degree negative camber at ride height, but never let the wheel go into positive camber at any stage of the wheel's travel.
Good luck with it all.