PDA

View Full Version : RR in the dunes

bitsiphon
09-09-2007, 07:49 PM
I am looking at purchasing a RR 800. I primarily drive at the dunes (Glamis/Gordons Well) and am replacing my Rhino with a RR. I think the benchmark for me would be performance on Oldsmobile hill. A video would be very helpful also.

Thanks

Ecoli_happens
09-10-2007, 04:11 PM
deleted

diirk
09-12-2007, 04:49 PM
For the price, I'd recommend getting a RZR instead, especially if your planning to use it at the dunes. The only place I rolled my RR was at Glamis and it doesn't make it up the hills nearly as quick as you'd think. Honestly, I'd look at any of the mini's here on this site first, especially if your primary use is dunes. There are used mini buggy's all over the place at a really good price.

bitsiphon
09-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the info diirk. I am hoping to get a look at the RR and the F1-panther at the sand show this weekend. I do like the look of the Tom Pro/Short cars alot but they are mor money than a full size Subaru car in most cases. I am transitioning from a sport quad and Rhino in the dunes to a slghtly larger vehicle that can fill both roles nicely ( fast on the hill but still fun in the small stuff and fire roads in northern AZ).

SeufererMotorsports
09-13-2007, 12:59 PM
The F1 Panther is a pretty heavy car. It weighs 1700lbs. Thats as a full size buggy. They are also an overpriced chinese car. The engine might be an american but the rest is chinese. I am knocking the chinese buggies because I sell them also but for the price it is way over priced. It does have some cool features though but that still doesnt justify a $24,000 dollar price tag. I went to a show in san diego and they had some there. The guy told me that they made there own gearbox then when I went outside and saw another one of his cars on display it had an RPM gear box. That to me is a little scatchy. For an inexpensive buggy I would go with the ridge runner over the panther. If you are looking for a buggy in that price range or cheaper maybe look for a used buggy. There are tons of mini's out there for good prices.

yoshi
09-13-2007, 02:01 PM
My busa rail will be at the SSSS tthis weekend in the Federal Sandrail booth if your interested in taking a peek. *I am also building some smaller versions right now that are a bit cheaper....

Ecoli_happens
09-13-2007, 02:03 PM
deleted

SeufererMotorsports
09-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Oh wow I stand corrected. I didn't realize a new one is 21 grand. That is expensive. I thought they were about 15 or 16 grand. In that case I would go with something else to. The razr does look like a cool little utv and you could buy to for the price of the RR or the F1 panther.

guy48065
09-14-2007, 11:40 AM
A Rzr with a long travel kit would be a blast in the dunes but the $$ the aftermarket wants for the LT kits is criminal!

bitsiphon
09-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Thanks for all of the replies. I really liked the Panther very nice car and the price drops considerably when you talk to them in person. I will probably go with that.
The rzr is really tempting but you would have 20k in it with a long travel kit and performance mods.
The Redline is a very cool car but I really wonder about the stability of the manufacturer long term.
Yoshi.. Your car is completely bitchin' up close. nice ride.