PDA

View Full Version : air cooled engine

greentowtruck
09-04-2007, 01:12 PM
I know that most of you are running water cooled engines but all I have available is an aircooled KZ1000 engine. I know that adding an oil cooler will help but would I need to add some sort of forced airflow around the engine? it will be behind the seat ofcourse and the airflow blocked unlike how it is in a bike, but you all know that anyway. so woult i be better off ductig air to the engine or turning it sideways and allowing it to be offset so it can get air from the side arount the seat?? thanks for any help you can give.

I cannot afford to buy a different motor so this is what i am stuck with

yoshi
09-04-2007, 01:46 PM
I know that most of you are running water cooled engines but all I have available is an aircooled KZ1000 engine. I know that adding an oil cooler will help but would I need to add some sort of forced airflow around the engine? it will be behind the seat ofcourse and the airflow blocked unlike how it is in a bike, but you all know that anyway. so woult i be better off ductig air to the engine or turning it sideways and allowing it to be offset so it can get air from the side arount the seat?? thanks for any help you can give.

I cannot afford to buy a different motor so this is what i am stuck withoil cooler will defiantly help, route it up into good airflow and add a fan. *If you can incorporate some scoops to direct air to the motor, that would also help.

wyattboche
03-23-2008, 05:33 PM
like yoshi said make some side airducts and an electric fan. I had an air cooled motor on my ST2 project 82 Honda 650 nighthawk. And thats what I ended up doing. Depends were you live on how hot it gets I would diffently get water cooled.