PDA

View Full Version : Radiator hose

buggito
07-30-2007, 10:39 AM
I keep looking around and try to find a solution, I'm sure somebody here got an answer.
I run the 955i motor to a "new" radiator the Triumph was overheating.

The delsol rad have tom and bottom 1" connector and the motor, 1' in the bottom who is reduced to 7/8 (hose) and on the top a 3/4.

So How you guy manage to hook it up, pic will be a big help, I was thinking to use reducer but don't want to run One Inches hose to hard to move around and the radius are to big.

I was thinking to buy some 90 deg reducer silicone hose but can't seem to find them locally, so I need *[smilie=bs_help.gif] *[smilie=bs_help.gif] *[smilie=bs_help.gif]

thanks

masterfabr
07-30-2007, 11:17 AM
I don't have a real answer but a tip.Avoid at all costs any sharp bends(90's). They are VERY restrictive and could slow the flow too much.A rule of thumb is that for every 90 it is the same as an additional 1' of head.Head ( a fancy term for resistance to flow)is a unit of measure to calculate fluid flow potential.Most engines water pumps are designed to provide adequate flow in the application they were designed for and not much more.Sooooo,keep your lines as short as possible and minimize the # of sharp turns.fabr

plkracer
10-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Are you running lean? Check your plugs.