PDA

View Full Version : Personal Desert Car

PERSONALDESERTCAR
07-27-2007, 01:18 PM
We are a new builder in SO. CAL specializing in 1 & 2 seater mini rails. *600CC-1300CC. Mild to wild, personalized for each customer. *24'' Travel in front and 18''-20'' in the rear. *All parts are jig welded for a perfect fit every time on any car. *We also sell packages for the do it yourselfers from frames and chassis kits to rolling chassis. (made in the USA)
Chassis Kits starting @$3500.00
Rollers starting @$9000.00
Turnkey starting @$20,000.00
Give us a call and let us build your dream car.
(760)525-3767

I moved this to the correct forum - "Turnkey Sandrails", as this is an advertisement for such a beast.
I also have retyped the post in proper capitalization, so it's readable. *All caps is yelling and hard to read.
K-fab

Gene
07-27-2007, 11:17 PM
Welcome to the site.

How about:
Video
Detailed pictures from every angle
Some suspension basics like rake, inclination, bump steer, droop setting, etc.
Component listing

Stuff like that. Gotta web site?

DesertDrifter
07-27-2007, 11:25 PM
Hit us with the specs! *er I mean the specifications, not you renegade [smilie=mhihi.gif]

Rorty
07-27-2007, 11:42 PM
Welcome PERSONALDESERTCAR! Are those 12" wheels?

DesertDrifter
07-28-2007, 01:26 AM
Does the angle of the rear shox allow for a clean run through all of its travel, it looks quite inclinated forword. still looks pretty good thou! [smilie=biggrin.gif]

PERSONALDESERTCAR
07-28-2007, 04:11 PM
we are just trying to get our name out and sell some product. everything has been tested and works perfect from suspension to steering motor and driveline. my partner is a ASE master tech and I have over 15 years fabricating so we are in no way new to this. If you have any questions give us a call and we would be happy to help you out. the specs for the car pictured are as follows... single seat gsxr 600, fuel injected,unequal length double a-arms in front and dual pivot trailing arms out back, 930 cvs, rack and pinion steering, fox 2.0 air shocks,12'' wheels in rear(15" rear wheels avail. on any car), and 15" spindle mounts up front, 4 gallon fuel cell, radiator wing, poly seat(suspension seats are avail). front and rear suspension are our secret and there is less than 1/32" of bumpsteer throughout all 24". Website will be comming soon.

butch
07-28-2007, 06:11 PM
we need more photos please.

PERSONALDESERTCAR
07-28-2007, 06:22 PM
check back next weekend for more pics. here is a roller

Pacman
07-28-2007, 11:45 PM
MS Paint at it's best! [smilie=mhihi.gif] *Ok......starting at the front....shouldn't there be some support between the tubes that the front arms mount to and the upper chassis that don't run round-about thru the upper shock mounts? Second the side bracing is wrong IMO and doesn't follow a logical load pattern of forces coming from your round-about front upper shock mounts. Third.....let's not even talk about the missing B- pillar.........On to the back....with this being a desert car and all you would probably want some protection for your rear drive unit that would also double as bracing for the rear bumper. Red lines indicate what I think is missing. Now this is my opinion......I could be wrong! [smilie=blink.gif]

nutnbolt2002
07-29-2007, 09:09 AM
I kinda like the front end, It's different from the run of the mill rail front end.

Gene
07-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Hey, PDC is building cars and starting a business. He posted in the correct forum too just as he said awhile back. Take into accout too that the pic was in the sand so we have absolute proof it has been beyond the shop. Wish I could say that about my car.

The specs provided are interesting and we want to learn more. Whether PDC actively contributes to build threads or not he is welcome here. I mentioned contributions in another post only because the site is bulder centric and builder/sellers may have constructive criticism for other builds. PDC's posts in that respect may never come. No matter.

We've had comments in other threads about "form over function" and this car has some impressive numbers. The car is priced very competetively and should be a good selling car. Heck, compare this to some recent imports and it is even more appealing

So as for the "constructive criticism" offered in posts or with MS Paint, it's what we do. It is not malicious in any way so please don't take it that way. Nobody has shown up at a builder's business with a sawzall determined to implement their concept of "right". *

We actually don't have many builder/sellers here and they can bring value to the site. Some potential builders are biding their time awaiting the right moment - and he knows who he is!. With a finished car the moment is right for PDC.

Sometimes the value brought is the knowledge that the car is available. When PDC is ready we will add his company web site to the turnkey cars list. A static link could go there with a phone number right now if that's what PDC desires.

Membership is mutually advantageous. I wish PDC great success. I look forward to more information in the coming weeks and hope to see a PDC on the sand or dirt.

PERSONALDESERTCAR
07-29-2007, 02:24 PM
thank you for all of the feedback I would like to clear the air, the company name is PERSONAL DESERT CAR, this is a sand car but still works well in the desert with a simple wheel tire change,but we are working on desert model with more bracing and reverse diff and the sand car also has skid plate now. lots of other cars have sprockets below the chassis and it doesn't affect our travel numbers. would like to switch to plunging axles and move it up a little for some more travel. as for the frame design it is 1-1/2"x.095 steel and it has handled all of the abuse we could throw at it. no problems yet.

yoshi
07-29-2007, 06:52 PM
I would like to switch to plunging axles and move it up a little for some more travel.

You also might want to consider the Jeffco reverse box, even if it's just the reverse hub. *The jackshaft setup gives you just under 3" more travel than the sprocket drive if you were to go off the lowest point of either the reverse hub, or the sprocket. *The reverse hub is a live axle, the diff is a grand more.....

K-fab
07-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Four pages of bad attitude by a couple people,
Bickering and fighting abound and it's needless.

ENOUGH.

I have removed the majority of this thread - not moved it, REMOVED it.

It was useless, pointless and ridiculous.

The actions of some members over the past week or so have prompted more than a few pms to myself stating that they don't enjoy posting anymore for fear of being attacked or bullied by a few. *It's really, really sad that a small number of people can ruin it for 880+ others. *These few have decided that this site has become theirs and should be run according to their opinion.

This site is owned by Amergin. *It is that plain and simple. *It is not owned by anyone else.

Amergin has given two of us - Gene and myself - the ability to help patrol and control the site. *

We try extremely hard to be as fair and unbiased as possible and when we do have to raise our hand and wield our power as Administrators it's not an easy thing. *Unfortunately when we do wield our power there is usually someone that gets their toes stepped on and they get their shorts in a knot.
To this, this time, I say too damn bad.

PDC has just as much right to post and use this site as anyone.
PDC may use this site as an advertising site - that's what the Turnkey forum is for.
There was nothing rude about his posting
There was nothing wrong with him posting.
The attacks that followed, though, were completely out of line.

PDC - please continue to post on this site.
As a builder, your knowledge and products are very interesting to many of us. *This is a place to share what you want and throw in ideas and comments and such. *It's obvious that you have a grasp on how it's done - you have a complete car that you showed in your first post. *That right there shows merit.

Share as much or as little as you want. *There is nobody here saying that if you don't give your specs then you can't participate in the site. *This site is for everyone, not just a few that feel they are special.

PERSONALDESERTCAR
07-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Thank you. I will continue to post as much as I can and I hope you will continue to give me your honest opinion positive or negative you are not going to hurt my feelings. It is the feedback we need to try and please our customers.

PERSONALDESERTCAR
07-30-2007, 03:15 PM
To end all confussion official company name PDC motorsports and we can be seen all over glamis hot spots look for us next season we will be filming our single seat car and a custom 4 seat ecotech car. hope to see some of you guys out there.

K-fab
07-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Thank you. I will continue to post as much as I can and I hope you will continue to give me your honest opinion positive or negative you are not going to hurt my feelings. It is the feedback we need to try and please our customers.

Sounds good.

I know the subject of your rear shock angle was brought up. *I happen to agree with the post as they look to be laid over too much - the saving grace is that the Fox Air Shox are a rising rate spring, so the spring rate in relation to travel may well be okay, but it tends to fight the valving.

If you're so inclined, [url=http://www.minibuggy.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=767:1o5tcxps]give this thread a look[/url:1o5tcxps] - it talks about shock placement in relation to suspension travel. *Thought I'd throw it at you since you said that you were willing to take both pos and neg criticism. *It's food for thought and works on both front and rear suspension - a-arms, trailing arms, five link, beam - all the same theory...

PERSONALDESERTCAR
07-30-2007, 06:57 PM
thank you for your opinion the design of the car is going through some minor changes for production desertkarts carrier not up to the chalenge going with gear one setup.

Bugpac
07-30-2007, 07:31 PM
your not building your own carriers? *the little stuff like that is were the profit margins are...

renegadespec1
07-30-2007, 07:51 PM
[quote="PERSONALDESERTCAR\";p=\"40394":2z1st487]Thank you. I will continue to post as much as I can and I hope you will continue to give me your honest opinion positive or negative you are not going to hurt my feelings. It is the feedback we need to try and please our customers.

Sounds good.

I know the subject of your rear shock angle was brought up. *I happen to agree with the post as they look to be laid over too much - the saving grace is that the Fox Air Shox are a rising rate spring, so the spring rate in relation to travel may well be okay, but it tends to fight the valving.

If you're so inclined, [url=http://www.minibuggy.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=767:2z1st487]give this thread a look[/url:2z1st487] - it talks about shock placement in relation to suspension travel. *Thought I'd throw it at you since you said that you were willing to take both pos and neg criticism. *It's food for thought and works on both front and rear suspension - a-arms, trailing arms, five link, beam - all the same theory...[/quote:2z1st487]
All hostilities aside It does look like it should have a swing arm hangin off those shocks... [smilie=biggrin.gif]

PERSONALDESERTCAR
07-31-2007, 12:01 AM
when I get some video you will see how well the suspension works. I admit that the shocks are a bit forward but it works very well. besides there are many cars with even more drastic angle than mine.

PERSONALDESERTCAR
07-31-2007, 12:49 AM
we will build our own carriers when we get the means right now no lathe, mill or cnc want to do it right. gear one supplies to many full size cars and there products are top notch. I would rather use them than build something without the right tools.

TutTech
08-02-2007, 01:38 AM
Interesting.
When is a photo going to be ready of the Desert Version?
And will the Desert Version have Coil overs?
Or do you offer coil overs?
What about duel shocks so I can have a bypass to adjust to
my own driving style etc at different deserts etc.?

You said you can do a lot more stuff?
Kinda curious what stuff?

More photos would be great, 2 seater, desert, etc.

Cant wait and good luck with your buggies.
Oh and I will look for you at Glamis or if you see some BIG
Mosebillt cars come say hi.

[smilie=biggrin.gif]

PERSONALDESERTCAR
08-02-2007, 12:00 PM
We are very busy right now trying to get our building built. and we have another fabrication buisness to keep running.all new mini projects have been put on hold but will still take orders for the sand model. we can build this or any car with any options you would ever want all it takes is money.

K-fab
08-02-2007, 09:47 PM
we can build this or any car with any options you would ever want all it takes is money.
Boy, isn't that the truth!!! * [smilie=biggrin.gif]

TutTech
08-03-2007, 12:57 AM
Ya I hear that all day long at my work.
"How much will that cost?"

A Lot!
[smilie=shocker.gif]

Ok cool I will wait to hear more after your back up and
running on the minis.
Thanks for the quick response.

[smilie=biggrin.gif]