PDA

View Full Version : Rzr joins my stable

guy48065
07-21-2007, 10:57 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u273/guy48065/Rzr_arrival.jpg

This week I finally received the Rzr I ordered back in May. *Polaris has done their homework on this machine. *The engine is mounted sideways so it doesn't take up much space, yet all the regular maintenance items are easy to reach. *I thought the narrow width would make the Rzr unstable but the suspension & front & rear sway bars keep it rubber side down.

This thing is as fast on flat ground as the Ridge Runner but the RR's better suspension makes it faster and smoother in the rough stuff.
Last time I was at Silver Lake dunes there were 4 Rzrs there and they seemed to be doing quite well in the sand on trail tires. *I'm looking forward to my next trip so I can see how this works for me:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u273/guy48065/SandReady.jpg

I never saw any others jumping theirs so I'll have to see for myself how they do when airing them out. *The Rzr has a long way to go to impress me after the RR has set the bar so high

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u273/guy48065/SilverLake2007_June034.jpg

There are 2 reasons I decided to buy a Rzr:
1--At 50" it fits on the regulated 50" public trails here in MI--and does it with far more power and quality than a small china buggy.
2--Wife Acceptance Factor is way higher than the RR. *I think she's intimidated by the RR and won't drive it. *In the RZR she was smiling and giggling all the time. *A big plus! *Don't tell her but I'm planning to keep 'em both *[smilie=biggrin.gif]

turbotexas
07-21-2007, 11:23 PM
That looks nice!!!

Rorty
07-22-2007, 01:25 AM
Congratulations! They're a nice machine.

RickS.
07-22-2007, 07:57 AM
Hey Guy,
Thats the first I've seen the Rzr. *Heard about it, but never had a look. *I like it.
Nice that it can be riden on the atv trails here in Mi.

Gene
07-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing pics of you doing things worthy of a medal, like jumping and keeping the wife happy as you make stealthy performance mods!

guy48065
07-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Stealthy performance mods! *I like it! * I need to set up a stealthy bank account so buying a Dynojet, pipe, bumpers, skidplate, etc won't be noticed *[smilie=mhihi.gif]

Bugpac
07-22-2007, 09:15 PM
I think you have to much extra money.... [smilie=biggrin.gif]

I am planning going to sl somewere the first part of sept, i would love to have some mebers go that same weekend....lets get a date set...

RickS.
07-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Just pick a date. I'll go as long as it's after Labor Day weekend.

greasemnky
07-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Don't know if anyone knows or not, theres a big ride set for the first weekend in August at Silver Lake. Mainly quads from one of the 4wheeler boards. But its still fun.

Is everyone still planning on the UP ride? I've got my buggy torn apart trying to get the chain roller etc reliable. Even got the misses to move a wedding thing from that weekend, so looks like I'll be in great shape to go.

TutTech
07-30-2007, 11:22 PM
Congrats on the RZR.
One of my buddies just received his too and already wants
me to set it up for racing.

[smilie=shocker.gif]

Serious, re cage it, close it in etc.

Anyways very cool and Go have Fun!
I am jealous I want one.

[smilie=bow.gif]

DuneMe
07-30-2007, 11:41 PM
Just got back from Oregon (Coos Bay). *My bud got his out for the first time. *He loved it! *

The Tom Pro is NOT something I can let anyone drive - double clutch and you just may shoot the pushrod through the cases, no clutch action with the lock-up, the reverse must be engaged at a stop and if the splines aren't lined up it won't go in so, you have to rock the rail a little. . . Oh and then there is the Turbo. . . that's a whole lotta power for someone that has no drive experience on it. *

The RZR breaks the mold on that and has power the Rhino can't touch. *

My Dad and his Wife actually visited us at the Dunes - not his thing and the first time he has been out with us. *He asked about taking a quad or the rail down to the Ocean. . . First I had to explain that it was a mile of Whoops that they would NOT enjoy. . . then I took each of them on a ride in the rail. . . he didn't ask to drive it after that *[smilie=mhihi.gif] I actually took it real easy on them as I really had no desire to scare them or anything. *Wouldn't take much to do so but, not interested in doing that to them. *

The RZR definitely has an appeal. *I just don't think I could give up the speed of the rail. *I'm down to stock quads now so, the Rail satisfy's my need for speed. *

I'm sure there will be a supercharger / turbo for the RZR soon enough though.

guy48065
07-31-2007, 08:24 AM
It's really an apples-oranges thing. *The Rzr has the power to go very fast, especially if you widen the stance with spacers, offsets or even better, long travel arms. *But that's not what I'm interested in. *Mine will stay at the stock width so I can ride narrow trails legally. *It's for cruising & exploring. *My Ridge Runner isn't as fast as you guys like to go but it gives me a taste. *I've never been an adrenalin junky so it's all I need.