PDA

View Full Version : a newbie from buffalo ny

ypoons831
05-25-2007, 08:48 AM
I work as a welder, I have a garage full of tools and access to a welding plant. The only problem I have is deciding on what to build. I started off with the ideal of a dune buggy, but i haven't been able to find a sand dune around western new york lol. I know for sure that i want a mini buggy. I know i want to build from scratch or close to scratch. any ideals on where i should start? thanks in advance

!!!!!dune-less in buffalo!!!!

renegadespec1
05-25-2007, 09:31 AM
Welcome Ypoon,
Spend alittle time here and you will find something you like and want to build, This site has ...In my opinion the largest variety of Buggies out there and the greatest knowledge [smilie=strokin.gif] Just keep in mind if your trail riding size does matter [smilie=mhihi.gif] good luck and get started [smilie=drool.gif]

minibajaman
05-25-2007, 10:46 AM
Welcome ypoons831. *I am also from the Buffalo area. *Where exactly are you, and where do you plan on riding? *There definitely isn't any sand dunes around, so a trail buggy would be the best bet. *I would try to keep it around 60" wide and 9 ft long if you are going to ride in the woods or on trails. *I would also recommend a CVT tranny for around here. *There is a ton of information on this site, so dig around some to get started and come back with any questions.

p.s. I deleted your duplicate post so as to not clutter up the board

Gene
05-25-2007, 11:12 AM
Welcome to the site! Buy plans - Buy plans - Buy plans.

Considering that you need a narrow car look at Edge and DesertKart or maybe a Rorty single seater. Good luck!

ypoons831
05-29-2007, 07:56 AM
i have lived in buffalo my whole life but just recently moved out to lancaster. I own some land out in eden. i mostly ride there but i'm always looking for more land *to ride my go karts, and 3 wheeled mud bug. i checked out edge and i like the piranha.

TutTech
05-29-2007, 10:19 PM
Welcome to the site.
I was stationed at Fort Drum in New York and the biggest thing I missed
why I was there was the Sand Dunes....
I could not wait to get home to them.

Anyways everyone else pretty much said it look for a nice small and narrow trial buggy.

Check on the plans you like and go for it.

Please post pics etc and let us know what you end up doing and show
us as you build it we would love to fallow along.

[smilie=biggrin.gif]