PDA

View Full Version : Good looking shift knob and cable

greasemnky
05-23-2007, 08:18 AM
I'm converting my left hand shifter to right hand, and was shown this site with a good selection of push pull cables. They appear stronger than the ones I found through Jegs. Figured they would be helpful for anyone else building a buggy. They also have a little shifter assembly for 40 bucks.

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Type in push cable , and it will take you to the section.

edride
05-23-2007, 11:40 AM
what page is the shifter assembly on

Thanks

Ed

greasemnky
05-23-2007, 05:22 PM
scroll down, and there should be a couple diffrent designs. The one I ordered is part# 1373K21. It has a three inch stroke, and should be pretty easy to mount up. I'll make a little box around it to make it "custom"

grporter
05-23-2007, 09:15 PM
please post some better pics when you get it. i'd love to see and hear about the feel of the mechanism. is it spongy? is it loose?
thanks!

greasemnky
05-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Definatly will. Here's what it looks like in someone elses buggy.

I currently have the same cable set up in my buggy, but the shifter is actually on my foot. I can find neutral no problem, so its got decent feel that way. I'm curious to see if the lever has the same level of feel. I'm moving it because my clutch is on my steering controls, and I want to go to a foot clutch.

grporter
06-07-2007, 01:39 PM
any update or pics?

greasemnky
06-07-2007, 02:34 PM
not yet, there's been a wheel issue going on. Just finally got a set!! I'm going to play with it this tuesday with the foot shift system I have now. I just got on of the wilwood pedals I need. The other is supposed to be on its way. All I need then is the new shift lever, and I'll try to do the conversion. I'll post pics when I do it!