PDA

View Full Version : My Brothers Rhino.

TutTech
05-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Well my brother Mike came up to Pep & I's and brought his rhino he wanted to cage it.
So he came up with some ideas and what not and so did I
and then I welded it.

I think wow it turned out good.
He then went and had a wing made onto the back out of aluminum for his amber and brake lights.
And an aluminum roof and doors.

Anyways I think it turned out really good.

He is going home to have it powder coated tomorrow and put his new tires and bead lock rims on.

Also the entire cage bolts off and on and so does the front and back
bumpers in case of damage or to change them etc.

Here take a look at what we did so far.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL169/1054762/16364336/250879212.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL169/1054762/16364336/250879210.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL169/1054762/16364336/250879208.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL169/1054762/16364336/250879204.jpg

Thanks for looking.
[smilie=biggrin.gif]

Rorty
05-06-2007, 11:02 PM
That's a nice looking conversion. I know nothing about Rhinos, but I think I'd like one, or a Gator or something of that ilk. I wouldn't be able to leave it alone; I've never owned anything stock for more than a few hours.

renegadespec1
05-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Tut, I'm not a rhino fan but that one looks pretty cool, Have you seen cory weller's? I think she's got an R-1 bike engine in hers...I think the thread is CBRRHINO...can't remember [smilie=drool.gif]

renegadespec1
05-07-2007, 09:53 AM
BTW...Prolly wouldn't hurt to cap the front bumper so you don't get snagged on it or worse....Bee's motorhome [smilie=biggrin.gif]

TutTech
05-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Ya my brother did have any caps and I only had one set left so I caped the back so far and will do the front soon.
Thanks thats good input and why I post here so you guys can help me
with those little deatails that mean so much.

As for the cbr rhino??
[smilie=blink.gif]
Wow no I havent but I am going to find it..
I did see the class 1 rhino on here that things crazy.

And as for the little rhino's etc I have one of those little samurai jeeps which is perfect for pulling things out of mud and playing in etc around my house or else I would want a rhino etc also.
My brother really likes his and his wife.. they are actually going to buy a second one for him to go full race on... he wount actually race it but you know what I mean... go really wild on and not leave anything alone for his.

Anyways thanks alot for the feedback and the input mutch appreciate it.

[smilie=wink.gif]

renegadespec1
05-08-2007, 04:40 AM
No problem.. [smilie=drool.gif]

diirk
05-09-2007, 04:16 PM
You guys did really nice work on the Rhino. It looks like you can still tilt up the bed for maintanence.....

TutTech
05-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Ya he shure can a little bit about 50%
And then I set it up so with just 4 bolts he can pop the back bumper all the way off and then remove the bed or do major work.

Also spoke to my brother today.
He found some Billet caps so he is going to actually cut my welded caps
off and put on billet caps.

He also took it into powder coat.
His aluminum doors and panels will be a nice red and the cage and bumpes will be a granite rough texture.
Very cool looking.

Anyways thanks again guys I will let him know you liked it when I talk to
him next.

[smilie=biggrin.gif]

oh and will get a finished pick up when he gets it back.

diirk
05-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Depending on what's hitting when you tilt up the bed, you can drill out the spot welds on the front of the bed and straighten it up and reweld it. That not only gives you more space behind the seats. but might allow you to clear the harness bar.

TutTech
05-10-2007, 11:48 PM
actually it hits on the lower bottom bumper tubes.
The lights come down and hit them.

So ya that wount work of you go really far.
But its enough to check stuff out.
But like I said I welded in a section that bolts together on the back then bolts to the bottom side of his cage at the lower frame by the tow hitch.

He can pull it all off with 4 bolts.

The cross bar for his harness is clear and good we bent it back just barely clearing the seats and it clears the bed nicely.

Thanks again for the great feedback.

[smilie=biggrin.gif]