PDA

View Full Version : need help with wiring 2 cyl 2 stroke triple r rail

powerzap69
05-03-2007, 02:06 AM
ok heres my dilema. and please no correcting the spelling, i'm tired and frustrated. *this buggy is a triple rrr engineering single seatera friend came over to help me diagnose the problem why it was acting up. *unfortunatly he left half way thru. *we found the problem that was origionally plauging the buggy. *a missing advance spring. *but unfortunatly in the process he rerouted most of the other wiring. it has two magnetos, and two points brakers set ups. and two external coils. *now one of the magnetos has fewer plates then the other. *i was told one was for charging and the other for the fire to the coils. *it also has a clear breaker box relay. *in what sequence should i wire the points, mag, then coil to get fire? *the charging system i could meter it out and get it operational somehow. *its all the rest thats getting me down. *i love this site due tio the fast responses from the members and also the amount of brain power here. *OK IS THAT ENOUGH ASS KISSING TO GET SOME HELP??:). *by the way i think its an air cooled rotax engine, but not sure how to cgheck. *also where would a guy go to find a bosch starter for one? the previouse owner got anxouse when he lost his spring and ground the internals of the bendix gear. *i modified it to work but it wont last long. thanks steve

K-fab
05-03-2007, 04:58 AM
The dual magneto/air cooled setup says aircraft engine to me.

You might want to search out some of the ultra-light flying web sites. *They're into those style engines and can probably help you out.

Is there any way to post a picture of the power plant? *Someone would probably be able to identify what brand it is if you can.

renegadespec1
05-03-2007, 05:38 AM
Some pix would help...But Kfab is correct that sounds like a 503 rotax built for an ultra lite..There shoul be a ID plate on the crankcase that will tell you who made it what displacement it is and of what family...with that info you will be well armed to do battle with that IGN prob. you got [smilie=drool.gif]

sgtsnake
05-04-2007, 09:20 AM
If that is truely an ultralite motor, it is a redundant mag, all the planes I have seen have two mags with different key positions to check each one independently. *Nothing worse than losing spark midair if you know what I mean.

AtvNut
05-04-2007, 11:19 AM
I may have a starter for that I need a pic of the one your using now though