PDA

View Full Version : C-Moore Off-Road veh. eval/pics/website. Made In America!

Dunepilot
03-27-2007, 08:35 PM
I have received some additional pics from C-Moore Off-Road, LLC, as well as a link to their new website. http://www.cmooreoffroad.com/ They have recently completed and sold their first customer-ordered vehicle. I personally know the discerning individual who bought it and he is far from shy to point out when something is not right. He even sent me an unsolicited note, saying he loves the car and inviting me to come out and try it on his track, as seen in the pics. He has a ton of property in Southern Oregon and built this really long, winding track, complete with jumps, berms, uphill climbs, downhills, off-camber turns and the list goes on... I can not wait to try it out.

Hopefully, you recall when Bill and Arlon at C-Moore Off-Road invited me to evaluate their first prototype at their "secret test facility" *. To this day, I still can not get over how much fun I had driving it. I had an absolute blast. Below is a link to my first write up.

http://www.pilot-odyssey.com/pilot-odys ... =2,c-moore (http://www.pilot-odyssey.com/pilot-odyssey/home.nsf/fc5d243c1a3f37c885256875004374e3/153ff8d18c1cb594852571e20010285c?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,c-moore)

Relatively recently, C-Moore Off-Road asked me to take the prototype for a ride at the Oregon Dunes. I met them at Horsfal Campground and out we went to roost some sand.

Talk about a flat-handling car; this is it. I was taking turns and jumping this car that I would not have even dared to when I had my Pilots. I am, by far, not a jumper, as I always seem to lawn dart or do something wrong, regardless of my lack of ability, this car does not seem to care, it simply works. It does not pitch the back end up and over, basically it flies and lands flat. The 18" of wheel travel, which I have personally measured, just soaks up the landing.

As far as traveling over the whooped sections, I honestly can write, it is extremely smooth, no matter the speed. I am sure you are familiar with those certain speeds where you are not hitting the tops nor hitting the valleys, just kind of in-between? It is hard to describe, you simply just get a really rough ride. Not with this car, I found it to be very smooth regardless of how fast or slow I was going. As with the last ride, I wish I had a GPS with me. Why is it that I always remember I need it after the fact? *

If anyone ever wants a test ride, give them a call, send them a note; maybe you can meet them at the OR Dunes sometime...

Enjoy the pics.

DP

DuneMe
03-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Eric (is this you?) *

Do you still have the Drak? *

Had a great trip to the Mt. last weekend. *Rail was pullin' on some drag Shee's. . . *[smilie=boogie.gif]

Dunepilot
03-28-2007, 11:36 PM
MARK!!!!! *Yep, it's me.... nice moniker, DuneMe.

Yep, still have my Drak, C-Moore Off-Road yarded out the Geo engine and installed the 660 Turbo. *Hauls! *

Still coming to OR later this year? *Hope so, I think we can get the C-Moore guys to bring out their stuff, its a sweet ride!

DuneMe
03-28-2007, 11:54 PM
July 20-27. *Let me know if you are going to make it. *I've got an extra spot on the dunes but, was going to cancel it if no one comes. *Waiting until the last minute. *

That turbo is nice isn't it?! *Had a blast at the hill last weekend. *I'm sure there were a few that were suprised.

Dunepilot
03-29-2007, 09:57 PM
Yes, the turbo is sweet, same engine C-Moore Off-Road is using in their car. *125+hp, may not sound like much, but after you drive it, you'll swear it has MUCH, MUCH more. *

Got the dates on the calendar. *

Please send me an e-mail with the details...so we're not continuing to hijack the thread...

Thx!

minibajaman
03-29-2007, 10:17 PM
125+hp, may not sound like much, but after you drive it, you'll swear it has MUCH, MUCH more. *

I don't know, 125+ hp sounds like a lot to me for an 800lb buggy [smilie=biggrin.gif] , my first street car was only rated at 100 hp and weighted 3000 lbs... [smilie=ashamed.gif]

DuneMe
03-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Sand is a whole different deal. *125HP will be great. *

Tell C-More to put some of those Billet Brake Line holders on the A-Arms. . . hate to see the brake lines tear-up the paint.

boilermaker
03-29-2007, 11:06 PM
Stop,just stop. Back in the day i had a 500HP Pontiac, ran real good, about a 6.6 Lb/HP ratio. A 800Lb buggy with 125HP is about 6.4Lb/HP should run good, you'll like it, but i predict, eventually you'll want more.

Dunepilot
03-31-2007, 12:08 PM
Billet brake line holders....GOT IT. *I'll mention it. *Thanks for the suggestion.

The car hauls! * I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for what seemed to be an eternity I had so much fun driving it.

Bugpac
03-31-2007, 02:43 PM
125 hp, my stocker motor has that, now if we were talking 225 then maybe it would be a bit much, but probbaly not....

sicksand
04-07-2007, 07:37 PM
I think this buggy is sweet and I'm thinking about purchasing one but I want to make sure that I can run it with the pilot class.I race all over with them and would hate to get one and find out its to big for the class.Everyone else is running hopped up engines or sled engines,and the drakart is pretty big also.What do you guys think that have pilots,would you want it to run against you?

Gene
04-07-2007, 09:01 PM
Looks bigger than a Pilot. Do Drakarts race Pilots heads-up? Doesn't seem like a fair fight at all.

Nice looking car. I wonder how much suspension sag is with full load since it sits very high unloaded. Based on looks alone I'd consider one if I was buying.

odypilots
04-08-2007, 05:26 AM
The C Moore cars are a ton bigger than a Pilot. They are bigger than a Drakart, which is bigger than a Pilot.

Drakarts are way faster than even a full race ported Pilot. I've races them many times.

Dunepilot
04-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Gene wrote: *
Nice looking car. I wonder how much suspension sag is with full load since it sits very high unloaded

The stock shocks are Fox Air Shox, Fox Coil-Overs are optional. *Personally, I do not know too much about the Fox Air, but I think they are adjustable.

minibajaman
04-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Yes you can adjust the nitrogen pressure in the Fox Airs to get whatever sag you want (within reason). *I would think that a car with 18" of travel should have at least 6" of sag with driver. *It probably does sag more when loaded due to its light weight.

sicksand
04-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Looks bigger than a Pilot. Do Drakarts race Pilots heads-up? Doesn't seem like a fair fight at all.

Nice looking car. I wonder how much suspension sag is with full load since it sits very high unloaded. Based on looks alone I'd consider one if I was buying.we do race the draks heads up,if it is a tight small course then we give them a run and come out on top alot of the time.If it is a long wide open course then good luck.I have frinds that race them but have a hard time getting parts when they brake.They said that they wouldn't buy another one if they did it over again....

jumpin jellybean
07-12-2008, 01:23 PM
[smilie=ext_beer2.g::cool: sweet looking will have to check out there web site thanks for the heads up on this ride:D

Gene
07-13-2008, 09:38 PM
By chance I met up with my C-Moore pals this weekend at Sandfest and their cars are first rate. They now use RPM FNR's because it is cost effective. Absolutely beautiful craftsmanship.

Top secret: Ask Chuck about the new UTV style car. See it in September at the Sand Sports show in the LA area . . .

sicksand
07-13-2008, 11:53 PM
They are a breat couple of guys and I think there work is great.They do need to update there site with some new pics and video,they have not done anything with it for a couple years so I wasn't sure if they were still in buisness or not?What is there base price car running now a days???

Dunepilot
08-17-2008, 12:10 AM
I was on my way to volunteer to help build the new campground, Riley Ranch, just North of Houser on the 101, when I got a call from the C-Moore guys, asking if I wanted to play with their new prototype SxS. I would just have to divert about 100mi south to pick it up; so I did.

As I was already familiar with the performance capabilities of the single seater, which are phenomenal, I thought the new prototypes' performance would be hindered due to the added weight since it uses the same engine as the single. I was wrong, really wrong.

The C-Moore SxS is incredibly fast even with two on board as I had friend in the car with me. I was pleasantly surprised how well the car did considering the clutching had not been adjusted from the single seater and with the added weight.

It was lots of fun and I am looking forward to another drive when they get their clutching set up properly.

If anyone is going to the Sand Sports Super Show, stop by and say Hi.

litespeed
08-17-2008, 08:05 AM
Pictures, pictures, pictures!

What's a man gotta do?

I really like thier cars.

Tom

jumpin jellybean
08-17-2008, 11:27 AM
[smilie=ninja.gif]man get some pics of the sxs I think my son has a spy belt buckle camera somewhere:DI really like their work

boostinjdm
08-18-2008, 12:05 AM
"Overhead, removable chromoly TIG welded light bar with two 6 Hella off-road lights", Isn't that like wearing a glass helmet? What's the point?[smilie=dunno.gif] "Manufactured in America, By Americans, With American Products", With a Suzuki engine, what part if the U.S. is that from? What is that engine out of? That sounds like a hell of a motor for my Pilot. I'm not bashing them, I just found some of the things on their site funny.

Dunepilot
08-18-2008, 10:07 PM
New Build - GlamisDunes.com (http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=141255)

There are a couple of links to some YouTube videos in that thread as well.

"...With a Suzuki engine, what part if the U.S. is that from? What is that engine out of?"

Great point, the guys at C-Moore are quite aware of that detail. The engine they chose, is used by Arctic Cat in their trail sleds and it is manufactured by Suzuki. It's a terrific engine, cost-effective, high-performance, low maintenance, durable, etc..., I've got one in my Drakart and my car hauls.

If you can ever make it up to the Medford, OR area, you ought to take one of their cars for a test drive, they'd love to have ya! AND, you'll love the ride.

Back to your point, if there was a cost-effective, high-performance, American-made engine that is readily available, C-Moore would be all over it. They've looked but, unfortunately those deals didn't work out. They are open to other solutions and suggestions though. If you know of any, send them a note, they would absolutely like to investigate it.

I don't think they peruse the boards too much as building is taking priority, but I'll see them next week and pass on your comments.

THANKS!