PDA

View Full Version : custom radiators

hero_saku39
03-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Richmond Custom Aluminum Radiators

There is a guy here in Nevada that builds aluminum radiators for the local dirt track guys. *He is apparently pretty cheap and they are high quality (I don't have fist hand experience but I hear everyone has been happy with his work). *This is the quintisential "little guy" trying to fill a niche and make a living so give him a shot if you need a radiator. *I imagine if every one could settle on a "standard" size (or two) that would be sufficient for most engines they would be even cheaper. *What size radiator does every one currently have?

Any way, the guys name is Kenneth Richmond. Phone 417-684-1474

Yoshi, I talked to him this afternoon. *He said he was gonna try to call you today, did you talk to him yet?

Mods, I may have a web adress to add to the vendor section later after he gets some space on the speedway site.

yoshi
03-15-2007, 06:39 AM
Yoshi, I talked to him this afternoon. *He said he was gonna try to call you today, did you talk to him yet?

Yerp, he called. *I'm getting him the specs off my radiator and fan. *I'm also gonna get some specs for the 2 smaller gas tanks I was talking about to go behind and beside the side of the seats to get the weight down lower and farther forward in the rail. *He sounds like a really cool guy and i'm looking forward to doing business with him...

hero_saku39
03-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Oh yeah guys......forgot to mention that he does other custom alluminum work, as Yoshi just pointed out.

stetler
07-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Yerp, he called. *I'm getting him the specs off my radiator and fan. *I'm also gonna get some specs for the 2 smaller gas tanks I was talking about to go behind and beside the side of the seats to get the weight down lower and farther forward in the rail. *He sounds like a really cool guy and i'm looking forward to doing business with him...
Yosh, Did you buy a Radiator from this guy? Did it work good?
I'm needing one for a 2007 R1 motor and I don't have a clue on what I will need

yoshi
07-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Yosh, Did you buy a Radiator from this guy? Did it work good?
I'm needing one for a 2007 R1 motor and I don't have a clue on what I will need

Nope, he never got back to me. I sell mine with a high flow fan and aluminum shroud for $650. It's 24x14x2" thick.......

stetler
07-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the offer. That's just more then I want to spend on a radiator and fan set up though.
I'm leaning towards the summit Brand aluminum radiator and adding the extra bung to match the stocker.