PDA

View Full Version : Off the sidelines...into the fray.....

sideline_sal
01-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Hello all.....

I have been watching the forum for a bit because a friend of mine builds buggies, and he told me about the ideas and creativity he has witnessed here on this site. I must agree with him....I have never seen so much wit and energy spent slammin' thoughts and ideas [smilie=gun_bash.gif] ....just kiddin'......

Really am amazed at the broad spectrum of "vehicles" that I am seeing here. I have NO background in buggies or quads, only moto-X way back when... [smilie=blush.gif]

My background is from the machining side of things.....wonderin' if I dare say....hmmmm...at the risk of *[smilie=big_hang.gif] ......OK...here goes....the black art of moldmaking and plastic molding...... [smilie=tr_oops.gif] .....

I promise I will do my best to contribute positive things when I can.......when I can't...... [smilie=gun_chair.gif] *[smilie=gun_chair.gif] *[smilie=gun_gun.gif] *[smilie=gun_gun.gif] *with the best of 'em...... [smilie=biggrin.gif]

hmmmm....just thought of my signature......

Gene
01-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Welcome aboard!

More than a few members will be interested in mold making. Most of the mold I make is trapped in siliconed corners of my shower.

Really though it is a great topic of interest. Looking forward to learning about DIY projects like instrument pods, dashboards or bodywork.

sideline_sal
01-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the welcome Gene....

Rorty
01-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Welcome sideline_sal! *[smilie=boogie.gif]

masterfabr
01-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Now you sound like my type of member! Welcome to the site. If I offend you please say *so so I can try again!LOL.Just kidding.

Bedo
01-09-2007, 06:10 PM
first, welcome to the site, sideline. *now, if i may ask, plastic molding, do you or anyone here do the plastic or fiberglass molding for vehicles? *possibly like the trophy kart type? *just curious. *
again, welcome to the site. * [smilie=biggrin.gif]

renegadespec1
01-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Sideline,
Welcome to the site, I hope you didn't take the name side line cuz of what I posted earlier... I wish you the best of luck here...except for a few...this is prolly the best buggy site that there is... There is so much brain power here, * This is prolly the best buggy site out there... but that's just my opinion... any way walcome.. *[smilie=drool.gif]

masterfabr
01-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Amen.

renegadespec1
01-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Ya *know master, I really love this place, where else on the planet can you find so much USEFUL INFORMATION *and pretty much good humor and comorodery...and only a few MEGLOMANIACS...IT'S GOOD TO BE CALM AGAIN... [smilie=bs_offtopic.gif] Sorry

yellowbeard
01-09-2007, 07:33 PM
hi guys, I am still new to this site, but it seems to me if a member just wants the tech. facts it would be best, to buy a manual to read. If you go to a forum you have to expect some good natured bs. I'm sure that some of you guys have been doing this stuff (mini buggy) for a long time. I can't afford, or have the know how, that some of ya'll have. so I am building a lowbuck buggy. And I am having a great time doing it. So guys I say keep on doing what you are doing. I really enjoy the site. And have learned alot. thanks Joe

masterfabr
01-09-2007, 07:57 PM
How long have you been listening in on my BS?LOL, BUt seriously were you turned off by the bs between myself/yoshi/bugpac and the rest of the dirty 6 or dozen or whatever?Or did this site appeal to you because of it? Just curious. [smilie=biggrin.gif] And a BIG WELCOME to the site to ya!!!!

masterfabr
01-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Hello all.....

I have been watching the forum for a bit because a friend of mine builds buggies, and he told me about the ideas and creativity he has witnessed here on this site. I must agree with him....I have never seen so much wit and energy spent slammin' thoughts and ideas [smilie=gun_bash.gif] ....just kiddin'......

Really am amazed at the broad spectrum of "vehicles" that I am seeing here. I have NO background in buggies or quads, only moto-X way back when... [smilie=blush.gif]

My background is from the machining side of things.....wonderin' if I dare say....hmmmm...at the risk of *[smilie=big_hang.gif] ......OK...here goes....the black art of moldmaking and plastic molding...... [smilie=tr_oops.gif] .....

I promise I will do my best to contribute positive things when I can.......when I can't...... [smilie=gun_chair.gif] *[smilie=gun_chair.gif] *[smilie=gun_gun.gif] *[smilie=gun_gun.gif] *with the best of 'em...... [smilie=biggrin.gif]

hmmmm....just thought of my signature......WELCOME TO THE SITE!How long you been listening in? Have you enjoyed the site so far?

renegadespec1
01-09-2007, 08:08 PM
hi guys, I am still new to this site, but it seems to me if a member just wants the tech. facts it would be best, to buy a manual to read. If you go to a forum you have to expect some good natured bs. I'm sure that some of you guys have been doing this stuff (mini buggy) for a long time. I can't afford, or have the know how, that some of ya'll have. so I am building a lowbuck buggy. And I am having a great time doing it. So guys I say keep on doing what you are doing. I really enjoy the site. And have learned alot. thanks Joe
Yellow beard,
Me too I as well am a low budget builder... sometimes you just goota say what the heck...and splurge..If you want to say something just say it...don't hold back... If you have an Idea shout it out... if it is meant well it usually is taken well...I look foreward to hearing more from you ...we have pm.ed in the past...I hope that I was help full to what you asked me... [smilie=drool.gif]

renegadespec1
01-09-2007, 08:09 PM
[smilie=bs_offtopic.gif] Sorry again...

Kludge
01-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Welcome aboard sideline_sal

Please add a location (at least the state name) where you are in to your profile when you get a chance. - Thanks

sideline_sal
01-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the welcomes..Rorty,masterfabr,bedo,renegade, and Kludge!

Master....been watching for just a coupla weeks...takes way more than a lil slinging and slammin to turn me off. Actually I think the "interaction" that shows a little heat, just means there are fellows here with a real passion for what they do and love....would be awfully boring to just see responses like...."cool, nice, sweet,"..... etc. *I hope everyone realizes that everybody has a "GO" button on one topic or another.

That said, I think the purpose of a forum such as this is to learn what you can from people willing to share their expertise, ideas, criticisms, and even in some cases, ignorance. (not meant in a bad way) My ignorance of certain things has led me on some very interesting endeavors.

Bedo...the closest I have come to molding a plastic "body" was building a 2 cavity mold for John Deere lawn tractors..($380,000.00 weighed 8 tons)...lol
However, I have also had some experience with rotational molding (mostly for pontoon boat furniture shells) but similar sizewise to what you may be thinkin....tooling is a lot cheaper than injection molding....shoot me a message if I can be of any help.

Master.....I hope the "dirty 6 or dozen" grows into the gross "gross"..... [smilie=biggrin.gif]

Thanks again all....

masterfabr
01-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the welcomes..Rorty,masterfabr,bedo,renegade, and Kludge!

Master....been watching for just a coupla weeks...takes way more than a lil slinging and slammin to turn me off. Actually I think the "interaction" that shows a little heat, just means there are fellows here with a real passion for what they do and love....would be awfully boring to just see responses like...."cool, nice, sweet,"..... etc. *I hope everyone realizes that everybody has a "GO" button on one topic or another.

That said, I think the purpose of a forum such as this is to learn what you can from people willing to share their expertise, ideas, criticisms, and even in some cases, ignorance. (not meant in a bad way) My ignorance of certain things has led me on some very interesting endeavors.

Bedo...the closest I have come to molding a plastic "body" was building a 2 cavity mold for John Deere lawn tractors..($380,000.00 weighed 8 tons)...lol
However, I have also had some experience with rotational molding (mostly for pontoon boat furniture shells) but similar sizewise to what you may be thinkin....tooling is a lot cheaper than injection molding....shoot me a message if I can be of any help.

Master.....I hope the "dirty 6 or dozen" grows into the gross "gross"..... [smilie=biggrin.gif]

Thanks again all....GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!!!!Glad to have you aboard.Maybe you can be one of the dirty whatever.LOL!!!!