PDA

View Full Version : Intelli-Dash

DuneMe
12-12-2006, 01:16 AM
I've got one on the Mini-Buggy and called these guys for info. *Was very impressed with how helpful they were. *Seem to have great customer support. *

Need to replace a boost pressure sensor. *They are going to re-program the unit for free. *He spoke with me on the phone and went through the operation of the unit. *Learned a lot. *

Definitely gave me confidence in the product.

K-fab
12-12-2006, 06:37 AM
Great customer service goes a long, long way, doesn't it.

How hard is the dash to read when driving? *- and what conditions do you mainly drive in?

There is a thread somewhere on this site about digital versus analog gauges and the ability to read them accurately at a glance. *It would be nice to hear another person's view on this.

Got any pix of your setup in your car?

DuneMe
12-12-2006, 09:41 PM
I'll have to shoot some pics. . .

I've got it set-up to show:
1. *RPM
2. *Battery (std. on unit)
3. *Boost Pressure
4. *Coolant Temp

The guy that had it before me took the oil pressure off and put a standard gauge in. *Guess the weight of the transducer was causing the fitting to fail. *I'm thinking about re-connecting it and having a gauge in the dash between the seats AND on the Intelli-Dash. *

The Boost Pressure and Oil Pressure use the same range / type transducer so, there is a toggle switch on the dash to allow to switch between the two. *

I didn't understand how the speedometer worked so, haven't been using it. *Going to take a look and make sure it works. *I've got a shift light so, if it is all hooked up will work. *

Did a search for Intelli-Dash before posting this and didn't find anything so, thought I might as well start a thread. *I'm sure there are others with them.

BoneDuner
12-26-2006, 11:58 PM
What RPM does the Intelli-Dash go up to? *I didn't think it hit 12k rpm

DuneMe
12-27-2006, 12:31 AM
I actually called them and it sounds like it is user adjustable. *He ran through the configuration of the unit so, you can set the RPM where you want it. *I would think you wouldn't have a problem setting it at 12k or higher if that's what you wanted. *

You can also set your red-line, etc. *

Actually seemed very easy to change settings.