PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Sand Car New Owner is GREAT!

sand iguana
10-31-2006, 05:50 PM
Well, I can honestly say that I am the PROUD owner of a Sonic Sand Car.
I bought my car over a year ago, and in that year, from my first trip to the last my car gave me nothing but headaches. From minor to life threatening, there was not one time that I could take it out and not worry about being stranded in the middle of nowhere. When I would call James (the original owner of Sonic) with whatever the problem was that trip, his response was always “What did you do to the car this time” (and that was in the beginning, after a while he wouldn’t respond at all).
The car is a great looking car and I couldn’t go anywhere in it last year with 4-5 guys coming up and asking about it. *My response was always “Don’t buy one”.
I spent the off-season getting it running so I could at least sell it at a loss to get rid of it but in August of this year I received a call from Luke, the NEW OWNER OF SONIC. *He said he wanted to make things right with those of us that had purchased our cars from James. Even now I can’t figure out why he would, he proved to me that he is a man of his word. *
He actually flew out to San Diego from Minnesota with his mechanic to check out the problems I was having – He found even more than I was aware of. *He made a list of everything he would need to correct the problem and said that he would fly back out with the parts. We were still skeptical but he proved us wrong. He came back with 2 other mechanics (and even though he was very sick) he spent 3 straight days (and nights) fixing the 5 major problems I hadn’t been able to fix in the past year. *By my estimate he had to have spent over $5,000 on my car alone and he would take no money from me for anything.
I have taken the car out the last 2 weekends and now when people ask me about it I can honestly tell them, “Great car, don’t hesitate to buy one. The new owner provides the best customer service I have seen”. *The Fortune 500 could take lessons from this guy.
Thanks to Luke and my scary-fast Sonic we are back to tearing up the dunes!

Bugpac
10-31-2006, 05:57 PM
thats cool about luke, this is the problem in the minibuggy building world, a bunch of low budget garage builders building and selling cars, then dont have a pot to piss in to help fix the underengineered pos they sold people, i am far no builder, and wouldnt try to sell anything i make, but i do see a lot of junk that people are trying to market....

buit congrats to luke, sounds like a stand up guy....taking care of people is #1....

Gene
10-31-2006, 06:19 PM
Congratulations on getting the car you thought you bought. You are very lucky to have received such a gift from Luke.

Sonic Sand Cars is doing something great. Even greater is that Luke is doing it without obligation. The goodwill generated by his actions will bring customers his way.

Good luck and keep recommending your brand and friend.

Gene

sand iguana
10-31-2006, 07:13 PM
i will take a video this weekend and post some of it. if any one would like to talk to me about this im me and i will give them my cell #