PDA

View Full Version : Cooling system routing for a gsxr 750??

plkracer
08-13-2006, 10:27 PM
Hey guys, I'm going to a car radiator for my buggy, and I don't know what to do with the oil cooler water return line, and the small return line from the thermostat... Do you plumb them into the main return line? Thank you!

K-fab
08-14-2006, 09:19 PM
If you can find a service manual for the bike you have, that would be the best place to find the plumbing layout.

It seems like I've seen a pages somewhere on this site that had a listing of all sorts of bike manuals in PDF form.

Does the thermostat have more than one line out? The RX1 sled engine in my car has a setup that circulates coolant through the engine until it reaches 160 and then the thermostat opens up and allows the fluid to run through the radiator. There is a 1/4 nipple on the lower side of the thermostat that is used for the recirculation - could yours be similar in setup?

How about a drawing of some sort that shows what you have? It's pretty hard to go off of just a quick description.

Your bike has both an oil cooler and a radiator, correct - or is it a oil to water transfer system where the water circulates through the oil cooler? - if so, then yes, just plumb in to the return line of the radiator.

plkracer
08-15-2006, 08:54 PM
Yes, there is a small hose from the backside of the thermostat. It goes to the radiator. There is also a heat transfer cylinder that cools the oil. This liquid also goes to the radiator. The new radiator has a suction and a return line. I have a service manual.