PDA

View Full Version : Rip Off

Zehr58
06-07-2006, 03:04 PM
Hey, has anyone noticed that guy selling prosand's frames and center carrier's on Ebay? This guy is a rip off and charging more money for someone elses product.

Bugpac
06-07-2006, 06:26 PM
ya, but this is how business works, buy someone elses product and mark it up, that is the name of the game. 8)

Zehr58
06-07-2006, 07:55 PM
I understand perfectly how business works. Just the other day my partner and I almost got screwed over on the price and quantity of tubing. We ordered and we're quoted for a price and amount a month ago. When we picked up the tubing we were charged with that days steel price. That was cleared up easily, but when we counted out the quantity of tubing there was about 25' missing. It's funny how the missing tubing added up to the price difference of our original quote.

Bugpac
06-07-2006, 08:02 PM
ya i had that same expirience first time i bought tubing, ordered 24' and sent 18' same amount but 36' or so short. 8)

Bugpac
06-13-2006, 10:09 PM
i finally seen it on ebay, rear drive complete 1000 bux, buy nicer one from desertkarts for 600, i think it is girards buddy, he mentions keith on his website, i think he wants 1200 or something for a complete 5 link setup, its a real jewel looking thing also, i believe that pis is on girards site as well.

Zehr58
06-14-2006, 07:48 AM
What a good friend Girard has...LOL "Hey buddy let me sell your stuff on ebay so I can make more money than you on your ideas"

Girard seems like a good guy who wants to get people in this sport by keeping things cheap for the builder. You would think Girard might be a little upset at this Keith guy for ruining that concept.

Do you know the rear drive unit that Girard's friend John is selling on Girard's website for $300.00? The Keith guy is trying to sell it on ebay for over $500. What a buddy and a pal...LOL

I don't need friends like this.

Bugpac
06-14-2006, 05:47 PM
john is also selling on here.

and if you check keiths feedback, i dont see any to do with buggys, some one would need be very high "cracked smoking" to buy!!

Zehr58
06-16-2006, 12:32 AM
Yeah, I agree. The thing is, most people on this sight are looking for the best buy, cheapest deal, etc., because we can't afford the top dollar parts. This sight would'nt exist without us working class folk that can't afford to buy a $30,000 sandrail. So, I just don't want to see anyone spend anymore money then they have to.

yoshi
06-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I agree. The thing is, most people on this sight are looking for the best buy, cheapest deal, etc., because we can't afford the top dollar parts. This sight would'nt exist without us working class folk that can't afford to buy a $30,000 sandrail. So, I just don't want to see anyone spend anymore money then they have to.

That's just the way it is. You can buy the same product cheaper at different stores. perfect example is a hoist I just bought for my shop. It's a nice setup, automatic and good for 1300 pounds. I paid $199 for it and a week later I found the same hoist somewhere else for $99. I bought a couple tranny scissor lift stands for my rails at $80 each and found them later somewhere else for $58. I also paid $25 each for some weld yokes that I found up the street all day long for $11. Nothing wrong with people making profit on things. Bottled water sells for more per gallon than gas by over 3 times and thier profit margin has to be around 3 or 400 percent, alot more than gas. People want to pay cheap for stuff but manufacturers and dealers want to make money too so they can charge whatever they want. I don't think their scamming people, shop around and make a purchase that you feel comfortable with, you don't have to buy from certain people......

Bugpac
06-17-2006, 03:41 PM
you are right yoshi, nothing wrong with making money, but this guy must think people are real stupid, because the frames for example are very easy to find, companys make money on products that are not a click away! but if you can find something in 2 seconds for 2/3 price, you will probbaly buy there correct. 8)

2lcf
06-18-2006, 04:05 PM
From what I have seen things sell on ebay for a higher price than you can buy it from a store........I think people get comfortable and just buy out of ease rather than price.........ebay used to have great deals, now you can find the same products cheaper online new........Johns rear bearing carriers are nice, he sells them from around 300 up.......and Alan-Girard Fab is an honest guy who wants to see people get into this sport affordably.......sooo,,,if anyone wants a Girard frame or one of Johns rear carrier bearings, I would suggust going straight to the source, bypass the middle higher priced man..........

http://prosandminirailframes.homestead.com/index.html

Zehr58
06-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Roger that!!

The thing is, I'm really into this site and this sport. I enjoy reading all of the outstanding ideas that everyone is coming up with. Everyone here is courdious and very helpful.

Like alot of people on this site, I spend alot of time on the net looking for parts, deals, sandrails, or whatever. I stop over to ebay and notice this guy who is selling Girard's product for outragous prices and it caught me off guard. Girard and John are on this sight trying to help people out the best way they know how and earn a little cash along the way. They aren't trying to get rich! They seem like good folk!

I know everyone is trying to earn that extra buck, and I understand the whole business aspect of it. I just want a good experience while building my rail. When you see a guy like this taking advantage of others it tends to piss you off! It quickly brings you down to earth about the "business" part of this sport.

Everyone is correct, by the way, you don't have to buy from certain people. Believe me, I'm always researching prices on everything.

The bottome line, I just wanted everyone to be aware of this guy.

Thanks for all of the input!!

masterfabr
11-17-2006, 03:28 PM
I was just looking around and saw this thread. Little late but what the hey.WELCOME TO CAPITALISM. It is obvious you are not self employed zehr58.If you were you would not be so offended that someone has found another way of making a profit! Let the buyer beware. It's your responsibility to research before you buy.Period.No one is trying to screw anyone in this scenario. Many other businesses have much higher markups than you just described.Ever bought any auto parts?When I was operating my automotive machine shop I found out firsthand what huge markups really are! [smilie=biggrin.gif]

Lonuf
11-17-2006, 03:37 PM
tis true. most automotive parts are marked up 60% from what you can get them at autozone for. but without it most shops could not stay in business.

masterfabr
11-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Ya got it!And by the way it's a lot more than that.There are at least 4 or more discount levels to buy auto parts at. I was at level3 and the discount was about a75% discount. Far more than 60% markup.CAPITALISM is a wonderful thing. Now think about the 300-400 or more % markup on furniture/clothes/electronics/jewelry etc.etc.etc. and you won't feel so bad about someone reselling an item. That's what we all do!

prosand11
03-02-2007, 01:58 PM
[b] I'm sorry for all the missup. John was selling to Kieth & the price was that. Keith was selling all of it on e bay. But I had john's phone # up so all could call him. Then you would of got it @ his price. Keiths 930 carrier, was as he said going up in price. So I had a higher price on it. I don't sale any of it. I sale the frames & arms only. I try not to sale anymore then that. My prices are what you see on my web site for me or what is told to me. I don't make any other ka ceen ($)from others. Thats there thing. I make the frames cheaper then all, & for the money. They arn't bad. You can make more out of them as others have. Add here & supports there. They are basic frames. But a very good starting point. I don't make alot off the frames. But,, I"M HAPPY TO DO IT!!!! For that!!!! Shipping is high & by the time you pay it, most of the time you get a frame, its still cheaper then most frames, even with the s/h added. I'm not good @ any other fabbing, mach. wise or lathe work & so on. I just know tubing & bending tubing. I add links to my site so anyone can buy from someone else. Freedom of choice as I would say. I sale alot of frames per year. People don't under stand my thinking on prices. They call me all the time & ask if i'm in business still. Like an old gas station that is closed & still has the price out front on the sign. LOL * [smilie=bow.gif] *So all I will say, shop around or call the #'s up on my site. there parts are there prices . MY PRICES ON FRAMES ARE MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALAN @ http://prosandminirailframes.homestead.com/
[smilie=big_explode.gif] *[smilie=banghead.gif] *[smilie=blowkiss.gif] *[smilie=boogie.gif] *[smilie=bs_help.gif] *[smilie=bs_offtopic.gif] *[smilie=banghead.gif] BESAFE

Bugpac
03-02-2007, 02:01 PM
welcome back alan, were you been hiding?

prosand11
03-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Dr. got me on so many meds. I sleep alot. Guess I hit my head to many times in my offroading years [smilie=big_hang.gif] , I get black out spells now or did, think it would be better to not take the meds, or mads as I think they are hehehe!!!! I'll be on more often, getting use to them now. Tooth picks work to on eye lids too.. hehehe Thanks for asking. & use a set belt all, them roll bars are hard on the head & helmets are a good thing anymore. Use to think it was a wussy thing in my younger years. Be cool & have a good weekend. Thanks Again Alan http://prosandminirailframes.homestead.com/