PDA

View Full Version : ProtoLite, 1st flat track race and test

ProtoDie
05-22-2006, 03:40 PM
There were only 3 cars that made it to this race. We had a couple of mechanical failures, but what a blast. I burned up one of the rear wheel bearings in the 1st heat race and did not bring a spare, so I did not run the feature race,,,,bummer. I was planning on changing over the rear drive train bearings after the race,,,,,guess I should have sooner. :x
The track was rough and muddy. We had the car shocks set up for my flat track which was way too soft for these track conditions. It would have been better if we could have made the test & tune the week before to get them dialed in.
We added 30lbs nitro to Dan's front shocks for the feature which helped alot.
We may also need to gear a touch lower yet. It was a fun race to watch even if I was sitting in the stands.
Dan took the lead, but then lost it with 3 laps to go due to the brake system building pressure and locking up the fronts. After the race, found out that it was a forgotten piece of duct tape covering the master cylinder vent hole :oops: . But all in all we were happy with how the cars performed for the 1st time racing. We have our list of tuning improvements to do before the next race, but can't wait.

Below is a link to a video of the feature race.

http://downhomeracing.com/videos/Bobs_main_05-21-06.ram