PDA

View Full Version : electric harness rebuild. who does it?

Bugpac
04-10-2006, 06:25 PM
i have purchased a 2002 gsxr 600 and i know i seen somewere a pla ce that rebuilds the electrical harness, or has any 1 done there own or have schematics? (sp)?

Plastic Fork
04-10-2006, 10:11 PM
I rebuilt my harness. It was a 1997 CBR 600 F3. I purchased the Honda shop manual/wire schematic on cd from ebay for $5.00. It was a fairly easy process that took about 1.5 hrs.

The 2002 harness would be a little more difficult, but not bad. Does it have an anti-theft devise?

I do remember somebody on here had sent their harness out to a company and for about $150 they "cut it down" for them.

ProtoDie
04-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Bugpac,

www.hyperracing.com (http://www.hyperracing.com)

We had 2 of them done by hyper. $150 apc. They turned them around in about a week. The motors fired right up with no guess work.
After they were done, we decided to use the stock dash gage cluster and had to rewire that back in, using the schematics from the stock manual.

Jody

rowycoracing
04-14-2006, 05:59 PM
I have the schematics for that engine if you need them. I cut down two of those harnesses and then extended out the wiring for the stock gauges and it wasn't that hard. Bypassing the anti-theft circuit is pretty easy as well, you just need the right resistor or diode. Tim