PDA

View Full Version : Protodie finally got a job :-)

ProtoDie
06-02-2018, 11:17 PM
sooooooo..... I'm not a private person but an open book

outside of designing and building buggies and manufacturing parts, I am a 3D cad designer / engineer in the tool and die industry and some other industries.
been doing it since high school and this is what I started my business on almost 14 years ago.
Buggies and parts were a passion and a hobby of mine that evolved into a part of my business because of slow times in the industry.
The tools & skills of my design / engineering / CNC machinist/ die maker / fabricator / welder / racer / toilet cleaner / truck driver / machine designer / website developer / accountant / lawn mower / carpenter / party rock star / figure shit out / Dad / Husband / trade came in handy [smilie=drool.gif]

over the years Protodie has built up to a customer base of over 1,300 awesome customers in over 25 countries around the world

ups and downs in the economy and business has been quite exciting and at times scary / disappointing ride for me and my wife over the years , but has built up our character and givin us many stories
character as in ,,,,,, shit that ain't nothing, back in 08/09 lol

so on the industrial tool and die design side of the business, I sub-contract my design work to a couple of large shops
One of the shops is a stellar company with a lot of talented people working there.

a couple weeks ago the owners approached me to join their company full time and made me an offer I could not refuse.
not just money, but in the future I will be getting into and managing different areas of the company and they view me as a "key" person in their companies future growth

I am very excited for this life change , and a new challenge

also a few months back, one of my customers approached me about buying the buggy side of my business.
which thru discussions would be taking over my buggy cad designs, jigs , fixtures , buggy parts inventory, customer base, website, etc, etc,,, to take it to the west coast which I believe would do better on the west coast or AZ as that is where a large portion of my customers are from
Because I was so busy with industrial design and thought that buggy parts and sales would be higher with a location other than Michigan,,, we talked
we came to terms and an agreement but turned out the timing was not right for him at this time,,, no problem
still could be on the table in the future but no worries either way

so short story long,,, I am starting the new job position in a week
I will keep Protodie going and continue to build buggy parts etc for my customer base.
and ,,, I have so many years of engineering / building buggies / parts that I can not let it end
My son and I will keep producing the same quality parts , plans etc, but it will be on nights and weekends after the day jobs are done .
so to my existing and future customers please order well in advance, and understand it could be 2-3 weeks depending on the order , parts, order size ,etc

life is a roller coaster , ride it with your hands up high and a few cocktails in your belly ;)

K-fab
06-03-2018, 12:45 AM
Congrats Jody! That’s fantastic news.

LIDUNO
06-03-2018, 09:16 AM
Congrats and good luck.

jimmyg
06-03-2018, 09:33 AM
Lol at the roller coaster bit. Enjoy big fella. :)

Deranged
06-04-2018, 04:09 PM
Awesome!! Very glad to hear this!

I call dibbs on any 1000cc engines you may have! HAHAA

Justin

ProtoDie
06-04-2018, 08:55 PM
Lol at the roller coaster bit. Enjoy big fella. :)

Thanks Guys,

Jimmy,
I literally just got home from Cedar point an amusement park for a short family trip this weekend.
and yes, my brother and I were having cocktail breaks in between some of the roller coaster rides [smilie=rockout3.gi:

great weather,,, great times

Bullnerd
06-05-2018, 12:20 AM
Very cool!

I hope you like your new position.

rowycoracing
06-05-2018, 02:19 AM
Congrats Proto!

monkeyinfantry
06-05-2018, 03:21 PM
That's some stellar news Jody, Congrats!

NinjaRaptor
06-06-2018, 11:05 PM
Jody,

I wish you the best in your new endeavor and hope its more than you ever imagined! You have been a great supplier for me, and I still get many comments on the XK1000. As a matter of fact, I had two sheriffs asking about the rail last time I was out.......no ticket either! HA!

ProtoDie
06-07-2018, 08:46 PM
Thanks guys. I'm really excited for the new position
The company owners approached me as I was not actually looking for a job.
I had been designing for this company as an independent designer for a few years now and always liked working with their team of engineers and they liked working with me
the owners seemed very excited when we came to an agreement on terms,,, as was I
looking forward to,,, well ,,,hmmm holiday pay, vacation pay / time, retirement package, working less hours,,, all the sh*t I've been missing out on for the past 13-14 years lol
would not change anything over the years , even the hard times because thats what makes a person who they are

and I plan to still be an active member here and still building stuff, so not really going anywhere as far as the internet is concerned lol