PDA

View Full Version : US Market for Barracuda?

Komelika
06-06-2017, 06:40 PM
I know these things are hot all over the world, but what is up with the US Market? I know the UTV market has an effect, but there seems to be little to no interest in these buggies in the US even at 1/3 of the price. I've thrown mine out there a couple of times to test the market and I had one offer to trade a $4K-$5K Harley. Anyone else have any luck selling one?

darwinpayne2000
06-06-2017, 09:54 PM
I've mentioned this before, but I've been going to Little Sahara here in Utah for over a decade and the UTV market is just killing everything. Sandrailers used to be a regular feature at Sand Mountain. Now, they really stand out when you see one cruising by. More typically, I see scads and scads of Polaris RZR's going out in groups of 3-8 to ride the dunes. Sad day for us buggy builders. :(

I wouldn't drop the price, but you'll need to find someone who isn't into same-o, same-o when it comes to their ride.

Komelika
06-06-2017, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the reply. I knew when I built it that if I ever decided to sell it that it would take a special buyer with fabrication skills. You break a RZR and you can go buy a part vs. having to build a part. I'm not in a hurry to sell it so I'll sit on it until it goes. I just want someone to use it and enjoy it.

CARLRIDDLE
06-07-2017, 11:20 AM
I think the biggest, #1 reason.................sign and drive the sxs.

Komelika
06-19-2017, 11:04 PM
I don't regret building it by any means, but I don't think I can give it away for $5K at this point. I had one interested party offer up a Harley worth about $4K and I was half tempted just because I can actually sell the Harley.