PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Stadium Lite...

EagleAye
11-15-2016, 11:02 PM
I am searching for a Stadium Lite Buggy due to my current condition.

A little background...
I am a born and bred Desert Rat. I have always had motorcycles, quads, 4x4's, and anything else that will play in the dust and dirt. I have raced Flat Track Quads, and still miss the 1/8 mile oval at Ascot Speedway. Spent alot of time at Glen Helen also. I have experienced the Baja 1000 in a Class 9 Challenger Buggy. Anything fast and dirty is golden.

A knee injury in the military (yep, Disabled Veteran) had me rethink my racing, and I have been content just going fast instead of being the fastest. I have beat on my bad knee for years now, but could always manage a good motorcycle ride if I didn't go ballistic. There was some hell to pay, but always worth it. My knee surgery did not go well, and I am now unable to ride a motorcycle properly on dirt, and I know I wouldn't be any more effective on a quad.

I remember watching the Stadium Lites race in the Micky Thompson series going way back, and had a buddy with a modified Honda Pilot that was a blast. I always wanted one to play on, but never came across one or seriously searched.

Now to the gist of it...
I am seriously looking for a Stadium Lite or Pilot because I desperately miss riding in the desert, and cannot do so with my gimp knee. Finding info is a bit of a stretch, but I am learning. I figured I would post in a couple of places that actually know what a Stadium Lite or Pilot is, and possibly come across someone willing to sell.

If you have one collecting dust in the shop/garage, or it is not collecting dust from riding, or have a friend of a friend who knows a guy that has one, I would like to find one to give a good home to. It would definitely be put to good use, and put a big sh*t eating grin on my face!

Not a sob story, just the situation. I want to get back to the desert...can you help?

Any info would be greatly welcomed, and Thanks.

w650gb500
11-16-2016, 12:04 AM
Have you checked out the Redline Riot and Revolt?

http://www.redlineutvforums.net/

Bullnerd
11-16-2016, 01:19 AM
Welcome Eagle,

Thank you for your service.

Whats your location?

EagleAye
11-16-2016, 04:42 AM
I am currently in Sacramento, CA so I have the Sierras and all of Nevada to play. I still have a base in Southern CA, so the High and Low deserts are also accessible. If I can find the right buggy, I would travel pretty far to get it, and if it is east coast, I would u-ship it. Had good luck with that in the past. Not an advertisement, just worked for me.

K-fab
11-22-2016, 01:07 AM
I may know of a couple of Honda Pilots (with lots of spare parts) and a Redline Revolt that are going to be for sale after March 17th. They'll be out here in the Phoenix area starting on the 11th. A friend of mine is coming out from Kentucky and was planning on trying to sell the three cars while he's here - More than likely I'll be doing the brokering for him.

And as bullnerd said, thank you for your service.

EagleAye
12-22-2016, 03:25 AM
I found a fl400 Pilot, bought it. Then I found another, and it was in such great shape and original owner, I bought it also!

They are both in great shape, but now I'm deciding if I should sell or keep the first one, or just have 2.

I am still keeping my eyes open for a Stadium Lite, but Thanks for the Pilot leads! That made for a great pair of Christmas gifts. And to think...it only took 27 years to get one (now 2).

Thanks again!

Bullnerd
12-22-2016, 05:50 PM
Two is always better than one!

I cant seem to get that through my wife's head!

darwinpayne2000
12-26-2016, 02:41 AM
Two Honda Pilots. That's cruel, man. ;)