PDA

View Full Version : HELP NEEDED.... gy6 no spark

theratler
02-06-2016, 01:26 PM
Hi guys.
Im new to the forum have a few buggies. I am at a loss as to why i have no spark on my 150cc linhai engine. I have replaced the statir cdi plug and coil. The plug fires as the key is turned off. Has anyone ever had this issuč?

Wheels
02-06-2016, 06:13 PM
Welcome to the forum the rattler. If you are getting spark... Are you sure you are getting fuel?

Xbird
02-06-2016, 07:37 PM
check your kill switch circuit. some also have a safety switch wired in at the brake pedal. crank with no fire at hte plug and all good components is usually a short in the kill circuit or a bad ignition switch.

65chedderbob
02-06-2016, 09:18 PM
My buggy started with a similar engine, and a similar problem with no spark. our solution was to rip it out and stuff in a sled motor in it's place :D:D But we never did figure out the no spark problem...

theratler
02-06-2016, 09:26 PM
Thanks guys ill have a look for a kill switch circuit or brake pedal.... never even thought about a brake switch. Had a little look early this morning and found a 12v wire going to the ground pin of the cdi.that has me stuffed does not make any sense unless the previous owner tried to repair

theratler
02-07-2016, 03:50 AM
Ok so a bit more investigating found power at tye coil when the earth not plugged into tye coil. When i plug the earth in nothing
... any ideas?

theratler
02-08-2016, 12:45 AM
Anyone have any ideas?

Xbird
02-08-2016, 11:20 AM
Likely a short. again, i'd take a look at your ignition switch or kill circuits. the spark you get when you key off is showing you that it's not wired properly or the coil feed is being triggered at the wrong source. the 150s should have an engine ground and chassis ground stock, always good to add direct ground from the battery to the frame and another direct to the swingarm.