PDA

View Full Version : Nytro transplant

sandracer1
11-22-2015, 05:15 PM
My brothers Redline is getting an upgrade. Out with Weber 750 in with Yamaha Nytro 1050cc and RPM box.

His Weber motor is for sale in the classifieds.

http://www.minibuggy.net/forum/attachments/redline-revolt/32577d1448237669-nytro-transplant-nytro-1.jpg

http://www.minibuggy.net/forum/attachments/redline-revolt/32578d1448237669-nytro-transplant-nytro2.jpg

K-fab
11-22-2015, 10:39 PM
That thing is going to be wicked!

CARLRIDDLE
11-23-2015, 05:44 AM
You next Sandracer? Cause you know you won't be able to keep up and couldn't stand that! LOL

That bar on sides just for alignment setup or gonna run outboard support?

sandracer1
11-23-2015, 05:09 PM
You next Sandracer? Cause you know you won't be able to keep up and couldn't stand that! LOL

That bar on sides just for alignment setup or gonna run outboard support?

You are right, I won't be able to handle my younger brother being faster. Thanks for pointing that out again, twist the knife one more time Carl!!!
He will never be able out drive me though.

The bar is for alignment. We have not seen a need for supports yet. We are below the hp threshold for the support I think.
He sure won't be tearing a transmission out like me during our L/S trips.

The Nytro is a bad ass little power plant in the NA state. When I do mine it will be turbo!
That will fix his little punk ass. LOL

CARLRIDDLE
11-23-2015, 05:14 PM
Rofl.

Got any dates for LS in spring. Our group is already ready after st a!!

K-fab
11-23-2015, 05:59 PM
Did you paint the magneto cover? Mine's just old dirty magnesium looking.

dsrace
11-23-2015, 06:14 PM
what are your target goals when adding a turbo to this motor? i would say if but i know it's a matter of when especially after you drive his lol and after the first time he pass's you on the flats but not sure he has what it takes to pass you over the tops lol

sandracer1
11-23-2015, 06:37 PM
Rofl.

Got any dates for LS in spring. Our group is already ready after st a!!

4/22 - 5/1
and
9/16 - 9/24

sandracer1
11-23-2015, 06:45 PM
Did you paint the magneto cover? Mine's just old dirty magnesium looking.

Powder coated cover.

I am not doing the install. Mark is doing it. He has the original nytro revolt and made the conversion kit. He does some beautiful work and great attention to detail as you can see.

Personally I think my brother thinks I will pull some power out of it so I am still faster. :D

I will do my own when it is time since I will have my brothers for a reference.

sandracer1
11-23-2015, 06:56 PM
what are your target goals when adding a turbo to this motor? i would say if but i know it's a matter of when especially after you drive his lol and after the first time he pass's you on the flats but not sure he has what it takes to pass you over the tops lol

I am really not sure we can shoehorn a turbo in the Revolt. I do not even have a planned date for the NA conversion, I guess when the Weber goes bang[smilie=tr_rip.gif].
I need the RPM box FIRST. I can't keep the revolt trans together without the nytro. He gave me his stock trans just to keep me from getting the Nytro too soon.[smilie=dancing.gif] I don't know what it is about that nytro motor but it hauls ass. It is the same HP as my turbo Weber must be torque and the extra 1500rpm sure do not hurt.

As for the tops, little brothers learn fast.:eek:
Man we sure do have fun chasing and razzing each other as a group.

dsrace
11-23-2015, 07:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF2FG5QsC-s

sandracer1
11-23-2015, 07:40 PM
Turbo you say? huh! I will find a bigger shoehorn![smilie=rockout3.gi: