PDA

View Full Version : st4 with fj1100 motor

lowrollen96
05-27-2015, 09:56 PM
Well I finally decided to build a buggy so I went for the st4 plans. After doing some much needed research I have decided I am going to add 6"of length to the cab and widen it 4" for more space. I just scored a mid 80's fj1100 donor bike with low miles and running for $650. This build will be slow due to money not being where I want it to be but nevertheless it will be fun to do. Pics will be plentiful as I make progress on it. I am new to the site and this will be my first buggy build so as much tips and advise would be awesome.

K-fab
05-27-2015, 10:23 PM
Howdy and welcome to MBN.

Sounds like you have a plan - and those old FJ engines are about as bullet proof as they come. It'll make your ride nice and quick. As I recall, they had a really nice torquey feeling.

Post pix - definitely. Have you figured out how yet? There's a sticky at the top of one of the forum pages all about how to do it.

Once again, welcome.

lowrollen96
05-28-2015, 01:38 AM
Thanks k fab

naviridin
08-11-2015, 07:05 AM
well I know I haven't posted in awhile I finially have some money set aside for my project. I have been going over the plains and trying to figure out where I am going to lengthen the cab from I pretty much have it all figured out now. I hope to order some steel this weekend so I can get this project rolling.