PDA

View Full Version : Ar51 Turning radius

raider2.6
04-11-2015, 01:40 AM
I got my Ar51 all fixed up and took it for a ride, has anyone tried to make these turn a little tighter ? without reverse I was hoping to get this to turn kinda tight

plkracer
04-11-2015, 03:16 AM
I was able to play with my brake bias and clutch/throttle management to get my barracuda to whip around in a single lane. Initiate a turn, jam the brakes, rev her up, and pop the clutch. The momentum from the start of the turn will carry you all the way around. When you start the turn, it will break the inside tire loose, then the other will break loose when you hit the brakes. Using the throttle keeps the tires skidding.

odypilots
04-11-2015, 03:42 AM
He may be looking to execute at something less than 10/10ths, Banzai intensity, wild man!

Have You played with tire pressures? That might help and is cheap.

But if ya want to get pointed in the other direction, NOW, plk's method is tops!

raider2.6
04-11-2015, 03:52 AM
I was able to play with my brake bias and clutch/throttle management to get my barracuda to whip around in a single lane. Initiate a turn, jam the brakes, rev her up, and pop the clutch. The momentum from the start of the turn will carry you all the way around. When you start the turn, it will break the inside tire loose, then the other will break loose when you hit the brakes. Using the throttle keeps the tires skidding.

BEST RESPONSE EVER ! LOLOLOL I love it. Altho some of the trails are not that wide, ill try to adjust the tire pressure and give her a go

plkracer
04-11-2015, 05:20 AM
Are you using up all of your heims' available angle? I forget how Rick set these up. If it won't steer much sharper, there isn't much to do besides make your ackerman correct, and prevent the front wheels from sliding.

What are you using for front tires? Rear tires? A little more camber on the rear tires may reduce the contact patch as well.

Hambam
04-11-2015, 11:47 AM
Basic answer... No.

Differential is the best option to drastically tighten up the turning radius, but its an expensive option and more parts to break (I know this... mine broke)