PDA

View Full Version : Megs Or Cone enginering 180 cuting guide

Rat4020
02-23-2015, 08:31 PM
I was lookin for muffler components to make my buggy K-Fab friendly and came across this
http://www.coneeng.com/pdf/Bend%20cut%20tool%20PDF.pdf
I think had I bought one of these to do my cuts it prob would of saved me two or three bends and made the cuts alot cleaner when I made my header . Its simple stupid LOL & 25 bucks with 10 percent off with an order

skreikem
02-23-2015, 09:02 PM
Huh! That's cool! Would've saved me a bunch of time as well... Next go-round I'll get all my bends and one of those...

Nice find Rat! Thanks!

CARLRIDDLE
02-23-2015, 10:17 PM
Thats one reason I use old sparky to cut steel. Set angle and let sparks fly. I use an angle finder too. Works for me.

Rat4020
02-23-2015, 10:27 PM
I aint sure wat Ol Sparky is but I mark my cuts and use a porta band for my cuts . This wouldve worked great for me

K-fab
02-23-2015, 10:50 PM
Nice find Rat!

K-fab friendly! LOL!
We could hear you for 5-7 minutes before we'd ever see you coming back to camp.

TALON
02-24-2015, 04:55 AM
My ride in the ratmobile was 2 weeks ago and i still wish i had earplugs under my helmet. But it was a whole lotta fun .

Hambam
02-24-2015, 08:12 AM
That is so simple and so awesome... can't believe its not a tool I've seen a hundred times before. Will definately have to get one if I have to do some more exhaust work in the future

Rat4020
02-24-2015, 10:02 AM
My ride in the ratmobile was 2 weeks ago and i still wish i had earplugs under my helmet. But it was a whole lotta fun .

Yeah Talon when we left for the first ride and ya had yer hemit on I was thinking that ain't Gona work That's why I have the head sets . And so I can hear grown men scream like school girlz Ae Garth LOL

CARLRIDDLE
02-24-2015, 11:28 AM
Sparky=Metal cutoff saw with abrasive blades. LOL

I have used an old compound miter saw (wood) with abrasive blades. Very handy!

Rat4020
02-24-2015, 11:58 AM
Got ya Carl I have one of those but only use it for cuttin hydraulic hose I don't care for the dust from those cutoff wheels

K-fab
02-24-2015, 10:15 PM
I'm impressed w/Cone Exhaust's stuff - they have all kinds of parts and such. Been sitting here reading through the catalog and I think I know where I'm going for some exhaust stuff. They're a lot less expensive than some of the other places too.

Rat4020
02-25-2015, 12:24 AM
I'm impressed w/Cone Exhaust's stuff - they have all kinds of parts and such. Been sitting here reading through the catalog and I think I know where I'm going for some exhaust stuff. They're a lot less expensive than some of the other places too.

Oh ya their collectors and transition cones are the shit man along with the muffler kits or parts . I ordered the stainless 3" I'd 4" od 10" long 12 "oal with stainless wool packing , That's about as K-fab friendly I can make it without gettin to much back psi for the turbo. And I'm about outa room back there for any bigger muffler

bdkw1
02-25-2015, 02:05 AM
Turbo's are usually pretty quite, the exhaust chopper usually works as good as a race muffler. Any idea why yours is so loud?

bdkw1
02-25-2015, 02:25 AM
They're a lot less expensive than some of the other places too.

For J and U bends, they are still about 20% higher than Columbia river mandrel bending......... I don't like the formed collectors either. I do however buy their megaphones............

Rat4020
02-25-2015, 04:32 AM
Turbo's are usually pretty quite, the exhaust chopper usually works as good as a race muffler. Any idea why yours is so loud?

what ya say my ears are still ringin LOL
but seriously I kinda think the way I built my header it flows almost too good Lol with 1 1/2 equal length primary's and the fact that My down pipe is a full 3" I'd with no restrictions .I did that for two reasons 1 to keep the turbo as cool as poss with no restrictions and the other zero turbo lag . but I don't think the straight through muffler is Gona affect my performance or restrict flow a lot I would be happy if it cut the dec a bit .i held my 2 1/2id muffler up to the down pipe for a test and it quieted it a lot so the three X 10" should be ok

TALON
02-25-2015, 05:43 AM

Was a lil surprising how loud it was considering the setup.

Rat as you say if you can take the edge off ,say 10 to 15% it will be the perfect combo.

Lets face it power was not an issue.

Rat4020
02-26-2015, 12:44 PM
For J and U bends, they are still about 20% higher than Columbia river mandrel bending......... I don't like the formed collectors either. I do however buy their megaphones............

I agree with ya on the price Bdkw . Ive ordered from both Cone & Columbia River , but the kicker between the two is if ya got a ? on what yer trying to fab as far as lenths of head pipes and other stuff Rich at Cone is a Guru when it comes to that shit

Was a lil surprising how loud it was considering the setup.

Rat as you say if you can take the edge off ,say 10 to 15% it will be the perfect combo.

Lets face it power was not an issue.

10ta 15% would be great [smilie=blink.gif]
Power :D We will see in late June St Anthony in the big dunz . Ya gotta remember at 5000ft there is about a 30% power loss on a nat asperated comepared to Glamis at 100 ta 170 ft Crapo hill is about the same vert as china wall and Crapo Hill and thats one of the smaller hills ta shoot up there . Gettin fired up for the next trip !!!!!

TALON
02-27-2015, 12:02 AM
Nooo 10 or so % off the noise man not the power.

Power never have to much of that .

Rat4020
02-28-2015, 06:07 PM
Ya I dont think a 3"id X 10"loovered core straight through muffler is gona do shit as far as power loss if any at all , if so just twist the boost controller open a bit :D

Rat4020
03-04-2015, 07:43 PM
K Buster Brown showed up about half hr ago with a care package from Cone eng from Sunny Los Alamitos , CA
http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad89/rat4020/cone.png (http://s924.photobucket.com/user/rat4020/media/cone.png.html)
It aint cheap as far as mufflers go at $105 shipped to my shop but the round is 18ga and the louver core is 11ga and all SS including the packing. But there stuff is the cats ass nice stuff ta work with . Now all I need is some "Me time"