PDA

View Full Version : Kids long travel buggy

Abgreen10
01-13-2015, 01:06 AM
Hello all I'm looking for a semi long travel buggy like a drakart but built to a smaller scale for 10 yr old. I'm able to do some building but no fabricating I prefer to just buy one ready to go. I've already looked at pronto die and they are just way to expensive for a kids buggy. Any advise or pointers in the right direction is appreciated. Thanks avery

LIDUNO
01-13-2015, 02:01 AM
I doubt you will find something ''like a drakart'' for cheap. I guess that really depends on your opinion of cheap..lol

What price range are you looking for? You can get cheap used china buggy for about 500 bucks around here. A halfway decent fl350 odyssey goes for about 1800. A nice pilot is 4 to 5 grand.

Prices obviously will vary in different states.

Abgreen10
01-13-2015, 11:52 AM
I've had buddies that bought China made Atvs and I ended up turning wrenches on them instead of riding so I'm not crazy about them. I've seem BMS 400 but on this site I've seen mixed reviews. They look ok from videos and I might could break out the torch amd welder to do a little modifying to give it more travel I'm just not sure of the steel and quality of welds that are on buggy. It also looks as if it's built for adults not kids my son is 50in tall. I would rather find a pilot that has been refurbished but not luck so far. I don't mind spending 5to 10k if it's a quality buggy. I built a sinister rail a couple yrs back and it's been great just add gas and drop the pedal but I also put 33k into it. I'm looking for something similar with single seat. I like the Polaris ace but it needs a major over haul on suspension and lower CG. Thanks for everyone who replies.

LIDUNO
01-13-2015, 01:52 PM
I agree about the polaris, I would be worried a kid would be rolling that thing over daily..lol

I would think your budget would be plenty to find a decent buggy. Maybe get him a normal sized buggy and just move the peddles back, that way he can grow into it.

There was a thread somewhere that I saw where the guy made a second set of peddles that he could fold down when he wanted to drive his kids buggy. I'll try to find the picture.

LIDUNO
01-13-2015, 01:58 PM
Here it is. Super clean and simple.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l90/liduno/peddles_zpseefb76d5.jpg (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/liduno/media/peddles_zpseefb76d5.jpg.html)

Abgreen10
01-15-2015, 11:52 AM
That's a good idea but I still have to find a reliable buggy not real interested Ina bms or similar knoch offs. Thanks for the pic that's a great idea.