PDA

View Full Version : rortyr82s or shotgun 2 or ? Help!

Alexwallace
10-06-2014, 06:30 PM
Hi my name is Alex. After being inspired by nicken's youtube videos i decided that i was going to build a buggy:D. the buggy will be used to rip around in my, and my neighbors fields ( I own 250 acres, he has 350). He owns a motocross track and i have a tractor and can get free clay so its gonna have to be able to jump and hold a second person. I am planning on using either a gsxr 1000 or busa motor ( havent decided yet). I have access to a large machine shop and my neighbors dad is willing to help. He has built and raced over 15 drag cars including a top fuel rail.

I am looking at the r82 and r16 shotgun or anything more capable:rolleyes:. which one is better for me?

What mods should i make to this machine to make it safer to jump( travel, cv joints, etc.)

Any help would be appreciated!!!
Thank you:)

Bullnerd
10-06-2014, 06:34 PM
Please tell me you live in or around NJ!

Alexwallace
10-06-2014, 06:45 PM
I live in Kingston, Ontario. Its right inbetween Toronto and Ottawa :D

Bullnerd
10-06-2014, 08:08 PM
CRAP!

Well welcome to the best minibuggy site on the planet earf !

midnitetrucker
10-13-2014, 02:15 AM
I think I would go with the shotgun 2. That is the one I plan to start on after I get moved to the new place and get the shop set up. I think the 82 is more of a dune build and it sounds like you will be doing so jumping. so I would choose the shotgun if it was me

Alexwallace
10-13-2014, 02:34 PM
ya i was leaning towards the shotgun because of the longer suspension travel! is their any way to mod these buggies to get more travel (like can you lengthen a-arms and cv shafts, etc and throw longer shocks on it)
Remeber any help would be appreciated
Thanks

MichaelDep
02-10-2020, 08:45 AM
Hi Just joined the forum and I am sure I will be help ful for the community and make sure I will not break any rules.